Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

What no one on here has mentioned and in fact nobody in the MSM seems to have mentioned is how serious the accusations really are. They are FELONIES that could nowadays land someone on the Sex Offender Registry for life. Attempted Rape and Attempted Murder? This is the crap this lady is accusing him of.

Even if someone is not convicted or even tried the stink of the accusation NEVER goes away. Just look at how people are dragging Justice Thomas into this calling him all sorts of names, none of them nice. One I just heard today "oh he's the sexual harasser judge". No trial, no conviction just some female accuser with NO proof.

I think those who are pushing this should be freaking ASHAMED of yourselves/themselves and I sincerely hope the same thing visits y'all one day.

Di-Fi and all her cohorts shouldn't have even brought this up before doing even the most minor of investigation QUIETLY. Nope, hold it until the last minute and then BOOM blow up Kavanaugh's life smearing him for life without any kind of trial,investigation or anything, nope, let's just try then convict him in the media and public forum screw a courtroom, who needs a courtroom.
Even if he's confirmed this will be attached to him, even if he were found not guilty it'd still be attached to him.

Talk about a bunch of sick demented political whor#s...

Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Funny how libs don’t want convicted felons to have to disclose their crimes on job applications but some hearsay from decades ago should prevent someone from getting a job.

Theres a difference between Joe at the local gas station, and a lifetime appointment as a Supreme court judge. Im not sure why this is difficult for you to comprehend.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Woman who went to same school as Ford--but couple of years ahead--and knew Kavanaugh and Judge (said Judge was her prom date who got drunk and stood her up prom night) wrote letter for her Facebook page and posted it
Was reposted on Twitter by someone else--a guy--

She said the incident was known when she was in school--
So I imagine other people beside Ford spoke about it at the time
I am sure people saw them go into the room and come out
I imagine Kavanaugh and Judge (as boys seem to do) bragged about what they did
These events in today's world go out on Twitter and Instagram and other media
Why are we surprised that people at that party knew what happened and told others???

Just because Ford was too embarassed to speak of it doesn't mean anyone else was...
I think Sen. Feinstein may have shot her own party in the foot by not starting the investigation in July, when she first received the letter about this. By waiting until the last second she opens the door for Senate Republicans to dismiss the whole thing as a politics-driven stunt, and move forward with the vote tomorrow, as it appears will likely happen.

If there is enough out there like this prom date, maybe an investigation could have borne fruit. But because of Feinstein's delay, GOP will be able to get away with no investigation.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:18 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The accusations are unprovable.
When there are only two people involved they will usually be unprovable, even if she could name the time date and place.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:19 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Keith Ellison is subject to the whims of his constituents. He does NOT have a lifetime appointment. Should the people in his district be dismayed by the allegations - they have a remedy. Vote him out next election.

That remedy is not available to anyone with a LIFETIME appointment
Keith Ellison is running as the Democrat's nominee to be the Attorney General of Minnesota in November.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:22 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I agree. Unless a continued and repeated pattern of this behavior emerges, my view is teenage behavior is teenage behavior and one shouldn't be paying a price for it 35 years later. Fwiw - the underage drinking bothers me as much as the behavior (which probably stemmed from the drinking).

Disclaimer: Hate Trump - would prefer no GOP appointments to this court.
I grew up in the era and nearly EVERYONE drank at parties. The drinking age was 18 at the time, which meant that most of the senior class could buy alcohol legally. If it was alleged that he never drank at that time, I wouldn’t believe it.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
The dumbest thing yet is Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) chiming in. She graduated from the same school as Christine Ford, but 5 years earlier. As far as I can find out, she did not know either Ford, Judge, or Kavanaugh. No connection other than having attended the same school, 5 years prior.

I graduated from the same high school as a guy who is now on the Golden State Warriors, albeit years earlier. Say, why doesn't ESPN contact me to get my expert views on the upcoming NBA season? After all, I graduated from the same school. Who cares if I never knew this NBA player nor played high school basketball....
Well, my best friend in grade school went to Georgetown as a grad student two years after Kavanaugh finished high school at Georgetown Prep, so let me weigh in on this matter...

Old 09-19-2018, 06:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
I think Sen. Feinstein may have shot her own party in the foot by not starting the investigation in July, when she first received the letter about this. By waiting until the last second she opens the door for Senate Republicans to dismiss the whole thing as a politics-driven stunt, and move forward with the vote tomorrow, as it appears will likely happen.

They aren't going to vote tomorrow (Thursday). They officially cancelled that session.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:25 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What no one on here has mentioned and in fact nobody in the MSM seems to have mentioned is how serious the accusations really are. They are FELONIES that could nowadays land someone on the Sex Offender Registry for life. Attempted Rape and Attempted Murder? This is the crap this lady is accusing him of.

Even if someone is not convicted or even tried the stink of the accusation NEVER goes away. Just look at how people are dragging Justice Thomas into this calling him all sorts of names, none of them nice. One I just heard today "oh he's the sexual harasser judge". No trial, no conviction just some female accuser with NO proof.

I think those who are pushing this should be freaking ASHAMED of yourselves/themselves and I sincerely hope the same thing visits y'all one day.

Di-Fi and all her cohorts shouldn't have even brought this up before doing even the most minor of investigation QUIETLY. Nope, hold it until the last minute and then BOOM blow up Kavanaugh's life smearing him for life without any kind of trial,investigation or anything, nope, let's just try then convict him in the media and public forum screw a courtroom, who needs a courtroom.
Even if he's confirmed this will be attached to him, even if he were found not guilty it'd still be attached to him.

Talk about a bunch of sick demented political whor#s...
So let’s have an investigation and maybe they find other witnesses to clear this up. They didn’t allow any witnesses in the Thomas hearings maybe this time they should get it right.

Old 09-19-2018, 06:28 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
The dumbest thing yet is Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Elaine from Seinfeld) chiming in. She graduated from the same school as Christine Ford, but 5 years earlier. As far as I can find out, she did not know either Ford, Judge, or Kavanaugh. No connection other than having attended the same school, 5 years prior.

I graduated from the same high school as a guy who is now on the Golden State Warriors, albeit years earlier. Say, why doesn't ESPN contact me to get my expert views on the upcoming NBA season? After all, I graduated from the same school. Who cares if I never knew this NBA player nor played high school basketball....
Hey, my friend graduated from the same school a couple of years before Michael Strahan. I guess that makes him an expert on the NFL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies