Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 04:11 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... Let's say you're applying for a job, or a promotion. Would it be OK for a rivals's friend, etc., to go to the company and accuse you of committing a crime (let's say embezzlement, or vandalizing a school or former employer, etc.) with no evidence whatsoever just to give his/her friend etc., a better chance at the job/promotion? Should the company just believe the accusation even if there's no corroborating evidence?

If that's the new standard, some people are going to have a LOT of fun with that!
Yes, plaintiffs' lawyers.

1,715 posts, read 2,838,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
it is futile to reason with those who drink the MSM koolaid. some of these accusers and their supporters are going to need private security details for a long, long time. Even with that they may have gone too far for some.

For some? Who? What exactly are you threatening here?

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its like you completely ignored what I said. yesterday, last week, last month, two months ago?

The statute of limitations ran out LONG time ago.

She SHOULD have filed BEFORE they ran out.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Give me a brake~~ This thread has been addressing accusations of Brett Kavanaugh's sexiual proclivities... and accusations and it did NOT stop after High School as it continued into University/YALE Frat activities .. So, I am NOT trying to do anything but just explaining and giving personal experiences dealing with it BOTH Personal and Professionally!

Brett surely did have nasty past behaviours.. This is NOT the '80's~~ New AGE.. Women are fed UP!! With such attitudes.. and B.K. will surely undermine women's Rights IF ever becomes a SCOTUS!!
You were not talking about Kavanaugh's activities or the women who are trying to smear him, you were talking about your own unfortunate sexual experiences and other women totally unconnected with anything related to the actual topic of this thread.

If you want to engage in personal message board therapy for yourselves, this is not the right forum, or the right thread for that. There may be another forum on this board where that is appropriate, however. You might want to check that out.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
These people are the truly evil and are awful human beings. I usually feel like I have a pretty good vocabulary, but in this instance, words fail me. These people appear to be the scummiest, scuzziest, nastiest, most despicable group of people currently living on Earth at this time, with the possible exception of the radical Islamic terrorists. If there are any people who are clearly more despicable than the American Democrat left and the radical Islamic terrorists, I really do not know who they might be.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh :c rying:

Old 09-24-2018, 04:14 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
THave you seen any of his writings about how drunk he and his buddy were throughout high school?
Mark Judge's book "Wasted" talks about a drunken “Bart O’Kavanaugh" vomiting and passing out in his car.

https://theintercept.com/2018/09/22/...ett-kavanaugh/

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Exact ly.
Mark Judge, Kavenaughs accomplice who turned up the music so no one would hear MsFords screams and interrupt their party on her...would of course have no memory of the event and besides wasnt there.

And Republicans being themselves, figure thats good enough as under oath for them.
Vote them off the planet...while there is still time.

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane
Correct, people who knew about it and knew exactly what had happened right afterwards. Of course the people at the party laughing about it would deny it happened."

It sounds like like BOTH of you WERE THERE.

When do YOU testify before The Senate under oath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Is there not a sexual abuse forum or something on this board where you all can take this kind of discussion? This thread is supposed to be about Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation process. Thanks.

We heard you the first time.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:16 PM

652 posts, read 340,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Give me a brake~~ This thread has been addressing accusations of Brett Kavanaugh's sexiual proclivities... and accusations and it did NOT stop after High School as it continued into University/YALE Frat activities .. So, I am NOT trying to do anything but just explaining and giving personal experiences dealing with it BOTH Personal and Professionally!

Brett surely did have nasty past behaviours.. This is NOT the '80's~~ New AGE.. Women are fed UP!! With such attitudes.. and B.K. will surely undermine women's Rights IF ever becomes a SCOTUS!!
You certainly don’t represent the feelings of many strong, independent women who do not spend all their time crying and whining like you and the #metoo nags.

Sorry toots, but every time a guy looks at your boobs you are not being sexually assaulted. Get over yourselves.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:17 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'm not her. I don't know why she's handled it this way.

I am hoping the truth comes out, but at this point, who'd believe it?
You are implying that there's more to be learned. Why wouldn't you also accept that maybe the truth is already out there, you just don't like the results?

Again:

35 year old accusation.
No evidence whatsoever -absolutely zero evidence.
She named 4 witnesses: ALL of them have testified, under oath, that they know nothing of the sort.

Attacking Kavanaugh, this is not the first time that the Dems were ready to attack him. I already pointed out, many pages ago on this very thread that in 2012, when the Dems stated that if Romney won, he would appoint Kavanaugh - they were getting their little battle plans ready back then.

Ford doesn't tell anyone until 2012 - a therapist...right when there's an election going on against Romney and that clown that we suffered through for 8 years.

The therapist's notes say that Ford said it was 4 males. Suddenly it's not 4 males. Suddenly it's 2 males, 1 female, and Ford. Additionally, therapist's notes never mentioned Kavanaugh. Ford says therapist's notes are wrong.

Ford demands the FBI investigate. The FBI had already said, by that time, that they would not investigate because it's not part of their job. It is a local police job, not FBI.

Kavanaugh has already been investigated by the FBI, numerous times, just to be able to go to the confirmation hearing for the position.

Ford makes the demand AFTER the FBI says "no, that's not for us to do", and despite that the FBI already investigated Kavanaugh multiple times. What else would they possibly find, especially on a 35 year old allegation with no information, no witnesses, nothing at all to back it up. Nothing. NOTHING.

Di-Fi sat on the letter for 8 weeks. Why would she do that? What would be the point in that? As McConnell said, they have a SOP on what to do in those cases, and the Dems didn't do it until nothing else was to be said and the vote was about to take place. Suddenly, out pops this letter and accusation - with no evidence at all to back it up.

Ford was told she could testify in DC or they would come to her. She had until last Friday. She then decided to talk about being afraid to fly on a plane despite the fact that she flew to Hawaii for her internship, and despite the fact that when Trump won, she was looking up new places to live, even as far away as New Zealand. Just how was she going to get to New Zealand? Swim? She can fly to New Zealand because Trump got elected but can't fly to DC because she's "afraid to fly"? And she's a Dr in Psychology? She can't get over her alleged fear of flying, but she's a Dr. of Psychology.

So then the testimonies would be heard on Thursday.

Out pops ol' Di-Fi with a new request to delay those testimonies because of another allegation that, once again, was decades old, there's no evidence at all, not one person corroborates the story, and the accuser herself has stated that she can't even remember if it was Kavanaugh or not.

I said this earlier, and I posed the question to you: IF, at some point, the POS I was talking to you about ever got to the point where he would take a position of power, I would go wherever I needed to, whenever I needed to go there, and tell my story on why he should not get that position. The very last thing that I would do is make demands and insist on things that I already know will not happen. Further, I have evidence to back up my claims, lots and lots and LOTS of evidence. I would not go empty handed. I would gladly give those who want to hear my story every last shred of evidence that I have, and then I'd tell my story, ON THEIR TIME AT THEIR PLACE, because I would feel it is that important.

I do not believe a single person who claims they have been through something "traumatic" and then makes excuses not to testify. That's a load of BS if I ever heard it.

At what point, RedZin, do you not see everything for exactly what it is? You say you are "hoping the truth comes out". How about it's already out.

I do wonder when the light Conservatives will ever pull their heads out of their butts and realize that the Dems do this kind of crap all the time. They cast doubt, and there's no way to refute it 100% for the public because you can't prove a negative. You can't prove it happened, and therefore cannot prove it didn't happen. Kavanaugh, to his own favor, was smart enough even back then to keep a calendar of his events over the summer. The NYT has it. He wrote down even when he was going to the movies, who he was going with, and what movie they were going to see, while he was still in high school....and the Dems expect us to believe that this guy is some kind of out of control alcoholic who attacks girls. GMAFB.

On Thursday, if Grassley does not allow the Dems to keep playing this stupid game, you will find out what most of us already know: This is bs.

Nonetheless, nothing will ever convince the die hard extremists in the left. They are so gullible, so stupid, you can tell them anything and they believe it. Even if there was a tape with Ford saying, "I made it all up because I just didn't want him to get the nomination", they would still believe it, and come out with every conspiracy theory one could think of.

In everything: Keep it simple. What is the most likely to be the truth here? Decades long old allegation, no evidence, no proof, no witnesses, no names, told no one but now expects everyone to believe the story at the 11th hour of a confirmation hearing.

OR

It totally happened for no other reason than she said so.

You all keep complaining that young girls are watching this and taking notes and this is why they won't come out if they get attacked...and act like it's because we don't believe Ford. The reality is that young girls are paying attention and taking notes because they realize that the people making false accusations will make them less likely to come out.

You and I shared a tiny bit of our own stories in this thread. I hate talking about that time because some people in this country call everything "abuse", and claim everything is "traumatizing" and that everything "triggers" them. Do you think I want to use those words that have been trashed by overuse to mean nothing that they actually meant? The word "abuse" doesn't mean jack spit anymore because of these idiots. To them, "abuse" is someone spoke to them sternly. I sure as hell can't use the word "trigger" anymore thanks to these jackholes. I do have triggers, thanks to "dear old dad", but using that word now makes people think I'm some delicate little snowflake, when the reality of that trigger is much darker than they will ever know.

Those who believe all females only because they said so are the ones doing a great disservice to the young girls watching and taking notes. You don't go from one extreme: No one believing to the opposite extreme: everyone believing regardless of proof. Both ways are damaging. Why is it that the SJW mental patient feminazis can't figure that out? The answer is in the middle: Some people are telling the truth. Let's get the evidence and back them up. Some people are not telling the truth: Let's throw them in prison, slap them with monetary damages towards the person's life they just destroyed, and get those people back on to the path they were on before being accused of some BS. Lives are destroyed by false allegations.

Tell right away. Enough with this coddling, "But no one will believe them" "but it's painful", "but it's asking too much to make them face the person who attacked them"...do you want females to be strong or not? Tell, let the police do their job and get the evidence while it's there, who gives a rat's backside if anyone believes you, let the police do their job and get that ahole in prison where they belong if they did it, THAT'S ALL YOU NEED, and go to therapy to move past it. Yes, it's painful. It's painful if you don't tell, as well. In fact, it's MORE painful if you don't tell because you live with it forever and nothing, nothing, nothing ever happens to the other person, and if they do it to someone else, you get to live with the fact that you could have stopped it by telling someone. It IS your responsibility to tell when you see a crime being committed. You don't raise strong females by telling them, "It's okay, go on through life with depression and anxiety, there there". And then what? The crowd moves on to the next alleged victim and forgets all about you.

The truth is already clear. Will you accept it after Thursday (if they actually get to testify and not yet another "bombshell allegation" comes forward between now and then), or will you continue to have doubt as the Dems wanted you to have.

You do realize that is their point, don't you? Even if Kavanaugh gets confirmed, (which he more than likely will), even if the testimony amounts to nothing, they don't care, all they care about is that at least some of the people in this country, the most gullible of them all, will always have doubt. They have already succeeded in doing that. And yes, I put some of the blame on the RINOs for letting it happen. They are trying to play this the right way, but in the end, it doesn't matter how they do it, the Dems already planted the seed of doubt into some, and that was their end goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies