Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 12:36 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,211,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ohhhhh you mean like how Hillary did that to Bill's accusers? Like Hillary who felt a 12 year old girl who was brutally raped brought it on herself?

How about all those dems who were happy to take money from Hollywood elites who were predators?
Dump the partisan kool aid. I don't care who believes what but this crap is just sad. Hillary has nothing to do with this situation. BTW, the young rape vicitm story is partisan manipulation, try more than one source for all your information. Think for yourself, look at an issue, inform yourself and come up with a conclusion instead of just following your "team." People who just parrot the party line are destroying this country.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:36 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,283,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
This is true. I don't have a vote but if I did he lost it. He's a judge, and he went up there and acted like a typical partisan politician pandering to the Trump base. Screaming about a whole conspiracy against him involving revenge for Hilary. Yelling out typical talking points to rile people up rather than focusing on the facts tells me that he may not be able to remain impartial if a case involevs an "enemy" and he is going to be a highly divisive force looking more at politics than the law. That is not the way a Supreme Court justice should behave. He also came off petulant and entitled at times, as well as opportunist using his family and tears. I do not care about his politics, he just doesn't belong on the court. Despite being socially liberal I would have no issue with a more conservative judge who did not engage in partisan politics as usual.
No.

He went "up there" and defended himself. No screaming. Hillary wasn't a focus. Did you not watch the entire day? Just picking from clips that suit your feelers?

Judges are people too...

Why would you think he wouldn't defend himself?

He did NOT come off as petulant and entitled and opportunistic...

Again, did you watch it all or are you just going off of the snippets from the partisan sites/news you follow?

You'd love a "more conservative judge"

Sure, Jan.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:38 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,173,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/27/polit...ion/index.html

Wow. I've never heard of the ABA doing such a thing. But then, we've never had a situation with a nominee like this one. (The Clarence Thomas charges had been through an FBI Investigation, which is the normal process.)
The elephant in the room is that Kavanaugh should want this as well and ASAP. Why would he want to continue the rest of his and his family's life without clearing this up for good and completely. If he were truly innocent, he would be chomping at the bit to expose the truth. This is why it is likely that he did everything Ford has alleged he did to her. No blameless person runs away from shining a light on the truth that would get rid of the cloud hanging over their head.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:40 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,290,978 times
ABA like the NAACP is very liberal democrat.....are you surprised this is so political?

FBI didn't investigate Thomas....they just took their statements and gave it to the Senate.....maybe you should listen to Joe Biden, he was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSXQEfBd6E

Old 09-28-2018, 12:48 AM

6,647 posts, read 4,346,690 times
Question: Assuming he is confirmed, what happens if these women file a civil suit against him? Can a sitting SC justice have a current suit against him?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:51 AM

119 posts, read 63,370 times
Default what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
What evidence is that? Was she prevented from saying whatever she wanted?

You would also think that Ford's close friend who was at the party would remember all this. Or frankly anyone who was suppose to have been there. I may not have remembered a party I attended that long ago. But if someone mentioned some of the details it would have jogged my memory.

LOL I am glad I am not a partisan. The stuff the Dems and GOP say about each other. Wow.
Oh my..why would her friend remmeber one party from three decades ago where nothing consequential happened? Ford did not say anything to her that night.

It sounds like you WANT to believe Kavanaugh so you will find any reason to. I'll tell you this..I went in with an open mind. And I'm no hack. I liked Gorsuch and when I got an email from Dems wanting me to sign a petition opposing him I chose not to.

But after today? The guy 9Kavanugh) was belligerent, rude, nasty as anything. Not in pain from what was done to his family which was despicable. but snarling mad at Amy Kloebacher, snearing at the senators and was rendered mute by questions about calling for an FBI investigation.

Nobody..innocent anyway..reacts that way. And anyone who believes he puked because of a weak stomach and he did not mean anything sexual about Renata is just fooling themselves..

Old 09-28-2018, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Brilliant counter to my post. For how long exactly were you captain of The Harvard Debate Team Einstein?

what? you don't want to listen to Joe Biden anymore?

listen troll, stop writing dumb posts.....Kavanaugh doesn't have to prove his innocence. No accused those.

If Mrs. Ford has a case she can make a police report in the state of Maryland and also take Kavanaugh to civil court........why doesn't she? she has had 37 years to file a police report in Maryland

get back to me when you get an answer.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:54 AM

119 posts, read 63,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Don't confuse hysterics with conducting an orderly, respectful, but tough governmental process. Hysterics is what people do when they don't have the facts on their side.

Dr. Ford was telling the truth. Kavanaugh, like his friend Mark Judge, had a drinking problem back then, it seems, and was not a nice drunk. He did assault the 15 year old girl. His character is evidenced in the self-description he wrote for his yearbook, where he joined the other guys in referring to one of the girls as "(her name) alumni," meaning they had all had sex with her. They hadn't. It was a lie...but that's the kind of young man he was.

Don't you think that calls into question his suitability for sitting on the Supreme Court? I do. I had a good time when I was younger, but I never ran across any guy who did the things Kavanaugh's been accused of, and seems to have done. That behavior is not normal...it's not a "boys will be boys" thing.

Or is it your position that you don't care if he did those things? I think that's the Rub position, actually. They know he "probably" did it, but they don't care. It's the good ol' boys club. What happened at their prep schools, stays at their prep schools.

It's important because he will be called on to decide cases directly dealing with the civil rights of women, at times.

His personality is also questionable. His temperament. He took an arrogant, how-dare-anyone-question-me attitude, he even tried to dictate to the Senators how to question him, he asked THEM questions. In other words, he was incapable of following the rules of decorum, the policy rules of the committee, and had an attitude that just him saying something should be good enough even if he didn't answer a question. He seemed to think he was the one in charge, when he was not. He was not respectful of the process. He's like Trump in that regard, but Kavanaugh is educated, and is a Judge. He knows better, but he couldn't help himself. In short, he's an a-hole. Believe me, even the other conservatives on the court don't want to see him confirmed. Someone else would be better. Anyone else.
Your right. And you did a better job at explaining why he should not be confirmed than any of the Dems today. Taken off guard..again. Even Booker and Harris didn't impress me. But then again, having five minute lightning rounds is not exactly the way one gets to the truth.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:56 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,930,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
ABA like the NAACP is very liberal democrat.....are you surprised this is so political?

FBI didn't investigate Thomas....they just took their statements and gave it to the Senate.....maybe you should listen to Joe Biden, he was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSXQEfBd6E
ABA a liberal organization??

Wut?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Question: Assuming he is confirmed, what happens if these women file a civil suit against him? Can a sitting SC justice have a current suit against him?

it will be thrown out of court,.,,,,,,but they can try.,,,,this won't make it to civil court, let alone to the SC

dr. Ford has no case to even open a Maryland police investigation

the Ramirez one with the penis in her face, not even the liberal New York Times would print the story, good luck in bringing it to a civil court

and the 10 party gang rapes? LMAO!!! NOt even Jerry Springer would book that crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies