Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:29 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,711,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
All of this sets precedent for the future. All of it. Republicans will hate it when it's all done to them.
The Republicans are such liars. Mitch McConnel refused for almost a full year to allow Obama his rightful hearing to appoint his nominee Merritt Garland - and Obama was HUGELY popular compared to Trump's pathetic 35% approval rating. We have a Fascist pig in the Oval Office and 1/3 of Americans are too dumb to understand the danger we are in. The only way Republicans got all the power they have was by suppressing millions of votes and ridiculous gerry-mandering. It's so much easier to win when you cheat like a dog but that does not mean the G.O.P. has anything near a mandate in America.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:34 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,803,324 times
Kavanaugh does not seem able to imagine even the possibility that Democrats actually believe the women accusing him of sexual assault. He is consumed with paranoid, partisan rage.

Why Brett Kavanaugh

Old 09-28-2018, 02:34 AM

76 posts, read 24,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
The Republicans are such liars. Mitch McConnel refused for almost a full year to allow Obama his rightful hearing to appoint his nominee Merritt Garland - and Obama was HUGELY popular compared to Trump's pathetic 35% approval rating. We have a Fascist pig in the Oval Office and 1/3 of Americans are too dumb to understand the danger we are in. The only way Republicans got all the power they have was by suppressing millions of votes and ridiculous gerry-mandering. It's so much easier to win when you cheat like a dog but that does not mean the G.O.P. has anything near a mandate in America.
You know when you don't understand what the definition of a fascist is, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:37 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
Shameful day for America. Political grandstanding where nothing was gained, but so much lost for the great Nation.

Nothing new provided by either testimony. Still he said she said. No corroboration, no evidence. Vocalising what she has previously written is worthless. The only thing proven has been the shameful manipulation of the accuser, the process and the nation by the Democratic party.

By the DISGUSTING Republican party, who still have not released over 400,000 records of their creep, lying nominee, who was so controversial it took 3 years for Bush to even get him confirmed to the District Court!
And everyone with any sense knows that circus act pulled by that JERK Graham, was because Kavanaugh's hearing was not going well.

PATHETIC: Mitch McConnell's Proudest Moment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxhz8bPxXew

Old 09-28-2018, 02:39 AM

13,774 posts, read 8,019,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Heee.. If the confirmation of Kavanaugh gets the left this upset God only knows how they will avoid a complete nervous breakdown if Trump appoints a replacement for the notorious RBG.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:40 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Dump the partisan kool aid. I don't care who believes what but this crap is just sad. Hillary has nothing to do with this situation. BTW, the young rape vicitm story is partisan manipulation, try more than one source for all your information. Think for yourself, look at an issue, inform yourself and come up with a conclusion instead of just following your "team." People who just parrot the party line are destroying this country.
Dump your own koolaid. This entire side show is a partisan exercise and you know it.
Hillary and Bill Clinton did far worse than what Kavanaugh is accused of and as adults. Yet the left attacked Clinton's accusers.

If there was evidence that can prove Kavanaugh did it then bring it forward. If he did it I will be the first to cheer if they burn him at the stake.

So far what we have is a woman who can't seem to get her story straight, calling on witnesses that completely deny the event ever happened.

Then you have a bunch of me too's who also have no evidence.

This concerns me because we are destroying a man's name and career based upon here say. The people doing it had the opposite reaction when it was one of their own who was accused.

If this were being done to a black man the left would be screaming innocent until proven guilty. They would be screaming where is the proof? Where is the evidence? And rightly so. I would screaming with them.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:41 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Kavanaugh does not seem able to imagine even the possibility that Democrats actually believe the women accusing him of sexual assault. He is consumed with paranoid, partisan rage.

Why Brett Kavanaugh
I can't say as I blame him. His name and reputation are being destroyed for partisan politics. When the accusers present some evidence or proof I'll back the play. Until then, looks like a duck, quacks like a duck it is a duck. This is a partisan hatchet job.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:46 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,089,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
My take as a libertarian observer who sees the SCOTUS as against my ideals most of the time. Both Kavanaugh and Ford did a great job. Basically cancelled each other out.

Problem with Ford is she sounds sincere but has absolutely nothing to back up her claim. On top of it the people she said were there have sworn statements contradicting her. So either they are all lying or she is. I have had people of the years very sincerely lie right to my face. So anything is possible.

And they are in my age range. I can't recall everyone I talked to or went on a date with that long ago. She could be confused.

Regarding Graham. Never seen him so animated. The whole russia thing with him sounds silly. Why would russia want the GOP to control the SCOTUS? What would that do for them?

Good analysis.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:48 AM

The man is NOT ENTITLED to serve on the Supreme Court, but he seems to act as if he is entitled to be approved as was shown by his angry outbursts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.d409dd92e27b

Old 09-28-2018, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy View Post
You know when you don't understand what the definition of a fascist is, it's hard to take anything you say seriously.
Oh, I certainly do understand what fascism is. Apparently you do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies