Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 03:57 PM

20,129 posts, read 16,186,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It appears your source is fake. Instead of asking for control they are asking for no control by GOP.

"Debora Katz, one of Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys, said Ford “welcomes” an FBI investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but said there should be no “artificial limits” regarding time and scope."

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www....ns%3f_amp=true

So have you stooped to posting with no references?

You surprise me.
No one, and I do mean no one, on this forum - which, just to remind you, is for entertainment - is required to provide references.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:58 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
It appears your source is fake. Instead of asking for control they are asking for no control by GOP.

"Debora Katz, one of Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys, said Ford “welcomes” an FBI investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but said there should be no “artificial limits” regarding time and scope."

https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/www....ns%3f_amp=true

So have you stooped to posting with no references?

You surprise me.
So in other words, we got nothing, but we will be happy if you take several weeks to find out that there is nothing to investigate..

Old 09-28-2018, 03:58 PM

23,751 posts, read 12,631,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
She never named Kavanaugh to her therapists. A name only came out this summer.

Of course like many aspects of her story, this can change to suit the needs of bolstering her story. But as it stands now, there is no mention of his name to her therapist.
That is true. Her therapy notes were not turned over either.

At this point it's hard to know if BK assaulted her, if it was someone else that did it (like the two mystery men), if it were her father who had done it, or, if it had actually happened at all.

I remember about a couple of decades ago it was all the rage for people to seek therapy, or hypnosis, to discover if they had been sexually assaulted and who had done it. Like her, these people had no memory of it until they had sought therapy/hypnosis. Often they discovered during those sessions that they had been assaulted and it was usually a parent or a family member who had done the assault. After a large spate of people pointing the sexual assault finger at a family member, or other, it was discovered that people who were going through those therapy/hypnosis sessions were highly suggestible and were implanted with false memories of sexual assault. I'm not saying that is what happened with Ford, it is a possibility though.

Which leads me to wonder why her family, when she needs them the most, are absolutely silent? They are neither condemning her or supporting her .. why not? Could it be that when she first started to 'remember', that she had thought it was her father, who she may have accused behind closed doors, which caused a rift between her and her family, which is why her family is completely silent?

Quote:
4) Her own immediate family doesn’t appear to be backing her up, either. Her mother, father and two siblings are all conspicuously absent from a letter of support released by a dozen relatives, mostly on her husband’s side of the family.

The letter attests to her honesty and integrity. “Why didn’t her parents and brothers sign the letter?” a congressional source familiar with the investigation wondered.
https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/eight-...y-fords-story/

Maybe, after accusing her father and being rejected by her family because of it, and feeling ashamed that she'd accused him in the first place, she tried to put someone else's name and face to who it may have been, and BK was just handy. Either a false memory or it could have been someone else may be why her story seems to change so often and is why it isn't being backed up by 'anyone'. (it could also be why she's trying to look, act and sound like 'daddy's little girl')

We don't know squat about any of this - who actually assaulted her or even if she was. Before we believe anyone we need proof. Why people are comfortable in condemning someone without proof is beyond believable.

Old 09-28-2018, 03:59 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,535,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So in other words, we got nothing, but we will be happy if you take several weeks to find out that there is nothing to investigate..
Except it should not take two weeks to update Kavanaugh's background check file - which is what they have been charged to do. More like two days, if that.

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The Democrats are going to get SMOKED this November after all this BS.

In fact, that would continue the trend...
The audacity to expect Kavanaugh to want to clear his name. Just wow! Do you not realize that there even Republican governors that are insisting on an investigation?

19,731 posts, read 10,150,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
There are 2 issues:

1) Why women wait and the terrible crime of sexual assault which needs to be addressed
2) Women making up lies on men to achieve political power by using #1

I believe Ms. Ford almost certainly falls into category 2 above.
Trump said she is a credible witness.

1,781 posts, read 957,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You should be happy. Don't you think the investigation will show that he didn't do what Ford says he did?
Frankly I don't think that the "investigation" will be limited in scope nor will it be just a week long. I am fairly certain that the Dems will keep moving the goal posts and will try to drag it out as long as they possibly can.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:00 PM

17,351 posts, read 11,312,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Except it should not take two weeks, more like two days, if that.
The FBI has a week. It may only take 2 days given the circumstances.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:00 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,951,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Feinstein claims she sat on the letter to protect Ford’s anonymity/confidentiality. No private confidential investigation is done at all. Ford retains counsel in early August; far left attorney Katz is referred.

Kavanaugh met with Feinstein on August 20, the confirmation hearings were conducted, the vote set. No mention of this allegation is made. Ford’s letter is leaked.

What did Feinstein eventually intend to do with this confidential allegation otherwise?
To add, how can Feinstein be a champion for women rights when she did nothing about Ford's allegations of sexual assault? Feinstein did nothing about it. How can this be?

Old 09-28-2018, 04:01 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,805,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
LOL— Ford and her attorneys aren’t.
Clearly, they don’t want her past sex life, drinking habits, yearbook, previous lies, and things not uncovered yet looked into and revealed by the FBI
Sorry

I just posted with references that Ford wants no limits placed on FBI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies