Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:01 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,554,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Well then. Feinstein says she didn't do it - and you believe her.

In the same vein, Kavanaugh says he didn't do it - and you should believe him.

Right?
No, I believe the reporter who stated that the leak did not come from Feinstein.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I just saw your post with the links. Then, who do you think leaked it? Ford? Perhaps...

Just because someone like Feinstein says she didn't do it means nothing - you do realize that right?
The reporter who told the story said that the leak didn't come from her office. In your world, is everyone involved in some big conspiracy here?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:02 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
No, I believe the reporter who stated that the leak did not come from Feinstein.
What is your belief on what happened then? Ford leaked it?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:03 PM

Quote:
The reporter who told the story said that the leak didn't come from her office. In your world, is everyone involved in some big conspiracy here?
So, a reporter interviewed people in the office and they all said they didn't do it. Therefore, it is gospel? You're kidding, right? What else do you think the staff would say?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
So, Feinstein wasn’t going to do anything about this sexual assault allegation at all? The hearings are complete, the vote set, and, bit for the mysterious “leak”, Feinstein was going to do nothing about it?

Feinstein, the alleged guardian of women rights, was going to let this go?
Of course she was going to "let this go," since she agreed to confidentiality. Just like it works in law enforcement. If someone (man or woman) is sexually assaulted, it's up to them whether to move forward with pressing charges; the police cannot do so in spite of their wishes.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
So, a reporter interviewed people in the office and they all said they didn't do it. Therefore, it is gospel? You're kidding, right? What else do you think the staff would say?
The reporter knows who he got the information from and he said that it wasn't from Feinstein's office. So what do you propose? That we now accuse the reporter of being in on a Feinstein conspiracy, simply because the facts don't fit your preconceived narrative?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
The reporter knows who he got the information from and he said that it wasn't from Feinstein's office. So what do you propose? That we now accuse the reporter of being in on a Feinstein conspiracy, simply because the facts don't fit your preconceived narrative?
You do realize that people lie right? On both sides. You seem to think that these reporters are somehow angels.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:07 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,875,332 times
Quote:

Well, it didn't magically get leaked. Who's your best guess?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,089,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh my gosh, I sound like an old fogey but I long for the day when men were allowed to be men, in all their flawed glory, and women were allowed to be women, in all their flawed glory. Those days DID exist. Were they perfect? No. But how is today's environment any better for anyone?
I know what you mean even though others will twist it and make it sordid.

Quote:
That's right, we can deal with his flaws because he has them just as we all do. We aren't concerned with how he speaks, but with what he does and so far it has been home run after home run with regards to dismantling bureaucracy and regulations, getting tax cuts through and restarting the economy to expand wealth and opportunity in this country.
I agree, love his speeches and he just says it like it is. He’s doing things that are very good for America and many don’t see it. They are comfortable with us being the doormat of the world as that’s what they’ve gotten used to over the years.

Quote:
The entire country is, except the Democrat leadership, who is very upset that they can't expand their programs to keep people dependent on them. They don't like people getting jobs because it means their pet programs aren't used as often.
Agree also. The Dems want people dependent on these programs so that they can continue to get votes and control lives by doling out benefits. They don’t want people to be independent or be able to defend themselves hence always bring anti gun and anti military. They just want to make the whole country sanctuary for all and abolish ICE.

Also I watched the hearing again and Feinstein’s behavior is outrageous. I can’t believe how many times I voted for that woman. However she seems to have become demented in the past dozen years or so. Plus I can’t believe Ford’s speech pattern and tone. She sounds like a five year old and yet she’s a professor. She’s like in baby talk mode, the same tone I use with my dogs when I’m sweet talking them. Perhaps a psychological tactic on her part or her attorney.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
I know what you mean even though others will twist it and make it sordid.

I agree, love his speeches and he just says it like it is. He’s doing things that are very good for America and many don’t see it. They are comfortable with us being the doormat of the world as that’s what they’ve gotten used to over the years.

Agree also. The Dems want people dependent on these programs so that they can continue to get votes and control lives by doling out benefits. They don’t want people to be independent or be able to defend themselves hence always bring anti gun and anti military. They just want to make the whole country sanctuary for all and abolish ICE.

Also I watched the hearing again and Feinstein’s behavior is outrageous. I can’t believe how many times I voted for that woman. However she seems to have become demented in the past dozen years or so. Plus I can’t believe Ford’s speech pattern and tone. She sounds like a five year old and yet she’s a professor. She’s like in baby talk mode, the same tone I use with my dogs when I’m sweet talking them. Perhaps a psychological tactic on her part or her attorney.
I would bet that voice, as well as the glasses and stringy hair down in her face were all part of her coaching. I would love to see if there are any videos of her teaching to see what her real voice is like. She put on a total show as opposed to the raw, real Kavanaugh.

If we allow the Democrats to defeat this nominee, they will know they can do whatever they want to anyone at any time. Not acceptable. Have to get him through and get our turnout up in November to keep the House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies