Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 08:14 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times

Advertisements

Just for the record, which President/former President attended Rev. Billy Graham's funeral?

Obama? nope
GWB? nope
Clinton? nope
Trump? YES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 08:17 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post
I do think it's pretty pathetic how liberals/democrats have been out there calling Republicans racist etc. simply for being Republicans & having voted for Trump. Yet John McCain was a Republican. But now that you know he's dead & didn't like Trump. You suddenly feel like you can pretend you were a McCain fan simply to spread your hatred towards Trump. It doesn't work like that. You can't hate on all Republicans blindly then suddenly take there side because you found a way to hate.
I'm a Dem. I didn't like McCain. As a person he was iconic. I didn't like his politics. That's my disclaimer. He was a statesman and an American Icon from Arizona. He deserved this funeral. Period........ I'm not or ever will be a McCain Fan. I was and still am a fan of Prez Obama when he Kicked his butt all over DC in 2008........ I don't hate Republicans. I hate their politics and policies . Period. I don't care what political factions you are. If we are friends or nieghbor or coworkers I see you as a person and get past your affiliation. I do however look at Republicans with a side eye for electing a moron......

Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Just for the record, which President/former President attended Rev. Billy Graham's funeral?

Obama? nope
GWB? nope
Clinton? nope
Trump? YES
Who?

Old 09-02-2018, 08:18 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Yet another tells truth.

https://twitter.com/thecjpearson/sta...31089116774401

Old 09-02-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmmm idk about gods love. More like bickering between family members.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:22 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post

Obama? nope
GWB? nope
Clinton? nope
Trump? YES
Did Trump go to Aretha's funeral. I don't understand your point.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
NY POST comments on grotesque & shocking funeral.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...in-as-the-meg/
Many of those watching at home were disgusted by the politicization of a man’s death, and used social media to comment on the irony-filled and inappropriate spectacle of elites using a funeral service (of all places) to attack others over partisanship and a lack of decency. The applause was even worse.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:36 PM

1,227 posts, read 634,088 times
If I have any enemies when I’m on my deathbed, I certainly would want to forgive them, and pass peacefully. I’d never be so petty to ban anyone from my funeral, what a control freak!

Old 09-02-2018, 08:41 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,896,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
On word describes the reason for all the spite and hate in politics recently. Trump.
Nope. Trump is the result of spite and hate in politics.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:42 PM

18,109 posts, read 15,690,551 times
I wasn't a McCain fan. I didn't vote for him when he ran for president. But I certainly respected his service, what he went through, and his desire to serve the country. I respected someone who didn't just sit around and whine, who got involved and tried to make things better.

That's the point that so many people simply don't understand; perhaps can never understand.

McCain, by all accounts, was someone who held very strong beliefs and especially enjoyed the process of fighting for an issue and debating all of it, not name calling or speaking ill of a person. He was someone who would and could have very confrontative debates where voices were raised and fists pounded some tables, and then he'd go out and have lunch with the very person(s) he just had some major disagreements with, people in his own party and people in the other party.

One of his favorite sparring partners was Sen Ted Kennedy. They disagreed about almost everything. Debated many issues. And yet, at the same time, they also respected each other and even liked each other. Imagine that.

Contrast that with so many who get butthurt when a criticism is lobbed about an issue. Such absolute whiners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies