Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2018, 09:04 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,221,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm a Dem. I didn't like McCain. As a person he was iconic. I didn't like his politics. That's my disclaimer. He was a statesman and an American Icon from Arizona. He deserved this funeral. Period........ I'm not or ever will be a McCain Fan. I was and still am a fan of Prez Obama when he Kicked his butt all over DC in 2008........ I don't hate Republicans. I hate their politics and policies . Period. I don't care what political factions you are. If we are friends or nieghbor or coworkers I see you as a person and get past your affiliation. I do however look at Republicans with a side eye for electing a moron......
Stop blaming only the Republicans for electing Trump... actually it was Hillary's fault for alienating all the Bernie Sanders supporters.

On NPR two weeks ago, some political pundit, a Democrat, had observed that during the last presidential campaign, before the primary he saw only Bernie signs all over VT and no Hillary signs. Then after she stole the Democratic nomination, there still weren't any Hillary signs up in VT. Bernie supporters just didn't like Hillary at all, and disliked her enough to not vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2018, 09:17 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,483,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I wish there would have been more anti-Trump rhetoric. The more The Establishment hates on Trump, the more popular Trump becomes.
In your dreams ...

But if that helps you sleep at night, go with it.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:21 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,091,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm with you. I say RIP Senator McCain, and I pray his family finds comfort and peace during this difficult time. But I haven't watched anything on his funeral. Or Aretha's, although I really liked her. I just don't care to watch televised funerals. Pretty simple, really.
Well said. I didn’t watch any of either funeral. I read a few news clips but that was it.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:31 PM

14,570 posts, read 23,104,164 times
LOL! Now you guys are all worried about civility and respect. I don't hear any of you Trump supporters taking him to task when he tweets far more despicable **** almost every goddamn day.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,523,153 times
Yet another thread precepted upon a fallacious statement disguised as a universal edict of fact.

Americans are not outraged at a non hyper politicized McCain's funeral.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:38 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,605,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Did Trump go to Aretha's funeral. I don't understand your point.
Of course you don't. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:46 PM

32,140 posts, read 15,129,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Of course you don't. I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.
So please explain why it’s so relevant that Trump went to his funeral when no other presidents did. He wasn’t a member of Congress so who cares. Hence my reference to Aretha.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:19 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,742,082 times
I wasn't so much outraged as I was annoyed at how petty the McCain family have been during this entire drawn-out event that was carefully orchestrated and paid for by the American taxpayer. In addition, they showed no gratitude to the Trump administration for everything they did to help these people give John a nice sendoff including allowing them to use AF2 to crisscross the country all on the taxpayer.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:01 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,615,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I don't see any outrage about McCain's funeral or the content of the speeches. tRumpers feeling the loss of attention for a couple days, give me a break!
They should be happy the Big 3 was McCain 24/7. It gave them a break on their reporting about how corrupt their dear leader was and always will be.

I said it back in 2009 and other instances when the Big 3 was reporting on someone or an issue that you are tired of hearing about..."Turn off the damn T V and go do something with your life".

Old 09-03-2018, 12:16 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I wasn't so much outraged as I was annoyed at how petty the McCain family have been during this entire drawn-out event that was carefully orchestrated and paid for by the American taxpayer. In addition, they showed no gratitude to the Trump administration for everything they did to help these people give John a nice sendoff including allowing them to use AF2 to crisscross the country all on the taxpayer.

Well the McCain family has a right to "outrage" toward Trump after his continual petty and disgusting remarks to the press about JM being captured. Just indicates his narcissistic jealousy of an honorable man who didn't take multiple deferments. And speaking of expense to the American taxpayer, what about the obnoxious narcissistic parade Trump wanted? No outrage about that waste of $ ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies