Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 03:07 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I feel that this entire subject is disgusting. It is disgusting that you would post a link to such a video (even second hand), and probably even more disgusting that someone would put it out on the Internet and blame Muslims for it. Muslims also eat children. Yeah, right. I hate hate posts.
Be part of the solution and don't post them. Problem partly solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 03:25 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I feel that this entire subject is disgusting. It is disgusting that you would post a link to such a video (even second hand), and probably even more disgusting that someone would put it out on the Internet and blame Muslims for it. Muslims also eat children. Yeah, right. I hate hate posts.
HUGE post FAIL

Video is of police personnel speaking not the actual barbaric ritual of skinning a living breathing animal ALIVE

Old 09-01-2018, 03:45 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
They should be executed.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
If fish could scream, I bet people wouldn't do much fishing.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:53 PM

14 posts, read 5,443 times
from the link in OP

"Halton regional police say the cow appeared to be dead at the time of the events shown in the video, contrary to what many people asserted after viewing it."

Christians caught lying again.

Old 09-01-2018, 03:57 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
Some Chinese people do it because they think the stress hormones the animal gives off when it is tortured tenderize the meat. They will skin the animals alive or boil them alive or take a blowtorch to them or some combination of those things. Not sure if the muslims do it for the same reason.
Nope is has to do with Islam and the prophet and it is called halal slaughter.

Islamic Method Of Slaughtering
Quote:
The animal must be alive at the time of slaughter.
In general, all forms of stunning and unconsciousness of animals are disliked. However, if it is necessary to use these means to calm down or mitigate violence of animals, low voltage shock can be used on the head only for the durations and voltage as per given guidelines. Stunning through a device with a non-penetrating round head, in a way that does not kill the animal before its slaughter, is permitted, provided that certain conditions are adhered to. Please refer to DHCE Halal Standards for more details.
Slaughtering must be done by a sane adult Muslim. Animals slaughtered by a Non Muslim will not be Halal.
an opinion piece
Islam's forgotten animal welfare tradition
Quote:
Anyone who saw AA's "Gaza Files" would see that all these conditions were flagrantly ignored, meaning that Muslims have an obligation not to eat meat from those animals. Al-Hafiz BA Masri, a leading Muslim scholar on animal welfare writes:
If animals have been subjected to cruelties in their breeding, transport, slaughter, or in their general welfare, meat from them is considered impure and unlawful to eat (Haram)…Even if these animals have been slaughtered in the strictest Islamic manner, if cruelties were inflicted on them otherwise, their flesh is still forbidden (Haram) food.
Some scholars, such as Bawa Muhaiyaddeen, have gone further, arguing that the rules of ritual slaughter were so designed to encourage a gradual shift towards vegetarianism. A slaughterman is required to "look into the animal's eyes, he has to watch the tears of the animal, and he has to watch (its) eyes until it dies," he wrote. "Hopefully, his heart will change."
Dhabihah
Quote:
In Islamic law dhabīḥah (or zabiha, Arabic: ذَبِيْحَة‎ dhabīḥah IPA: [ðæˈbiːħɐ], 'slaughter'(noun)) is the prescribed method of ritual slaughter of all lawful halal animals. This method of slaughtering lawful animals has several conditions to be fulfilled. The name of God or "In the name of God" (Bismillah) must be called by the butcher upon slaughter of each halal animal separately, and it should consist of a swift, deep incision with a very sharp knife on the throat, cutting the wind pipe, jugular veins and carotid arteries of both sides but leaving the spinal cord intact.[1]
I guess its the closest way for an animal to die of natural causes, without waiting for the animal to die of natural causes. However, if they were skinning an animal alive, as in causing torture ... they can not consume the meat, as that would be against their religion, or so it seems.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:06 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domat View Post
from the link in OP

"Halton regional police say the cow appeared to be dead at the time of the events shown in the video, contrary to what many people asserted after viewing it."

Maybe the regional police are lying or just wrong. People bend over backwards defending members of barbaric and uncivilized cultures who shouldn't even be here.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Nope is has to do with Islam and the prophet and it is called halal slaughter.

Islamic Method Of Slaughtering
an opinion piece
Islam's forgotten animal welfare tradition
Dhabihah
I guess its the closest way for an animal to die of natural causes, without waiting for the animal to die of natural causes. However, if they were skinning an animal alive, as in causing torture ... they can not consume the meat, as that would be against their religion, or so it seems.
It is not just Islamic. Or you saying it's not Islamic at all?

It's why many people also protest the Korean Dog meat festival. Because they torture - believing that the meat is made better.

So, no, I don't approve no matter who it is. It's disgusting.

Old 09-01-2018, 04:19 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domat View Post
from the link in OP

Another failed post

Police lying.

Ive seen the video. Cows head moving and you can clearly see it blinking

Old 09-01-2018, 04:20 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
It is disgusting, but I’m assuming if they weren’t Muslim, you wouldn’t have made this thread.
I'm not thrilled about skinning a cow alive either. However, if said persons are going to eat that cow, then I'll hold my peace on this. I do feel that if these weren't Muslims doing this, this wouldn't be a thread, or not this kind of thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies