Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:34 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times

Advertisements

Just the one example of the Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago. Before the raid it was 90% Hispanic to 10% black employees and after it was 90% black to 10% Hispanic according to one black employee. Watch the video of the hard working black lady(CITIZEN I might add). Hard worker; 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. 600 jobs added at one location!!

Between fall 2017 and summer of 2018 there were 3500 ICE raids on workplaces!!

Great article and short video!

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...rican-workers/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 09:49 PM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
It's sad really. The left in this country cares nothing about American citizens, particularly the working class. They much prefer to sacrifice them to criminal aliens.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:40 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Just the one example of the Cloverhill Bakery in Chicago. Before the raid it was 90% Hispanic to 10% black employees and after it was 90% black to 10% Hispanic according to one black employee. Watch the video of the hard working black lady(CITIZEN I might add). Hard worker; 12 hours a day 5 or 6 days a week. 600 jobs added at one location!!
Between fall 2017 and summer of 2018 there were 3500 ICE raids on workplaces!!
Cloverhill is a complicated situation, here's an article about it. https://chicago.suntimes.com/busines...-vs-hispanics/

Old 09-03-2018, 10:48 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,117,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Cloverhill is a complicated situation, here's an article about it. https://chicago.suntimes.com/busines...-vs-hispanics/
It’s not complicated at all. Management hiring illegals and treating them better than black citizens

It’s not rocket science

Old 09-03-2018, 10:56 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,694,459 times
My opinion ICE doesn't do enough of them raids.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
My opinion ICE doesn't do enough of them raids.
The number of raids they do isn't the problem, the issue is that they never arrest employers. It's a big joke, employers can turn around and rehire illegals the next day, nothing ever happens to them. All the raids are just red meat for the base. If anyone was serious about stopping illegal immigration they would go after the people who hire them.

Old 09-03-2018, 11:08 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's sad really. The left in this country cares nothing about American citizens, particularly the working class. They much prefer to sacrifice them to criminal aliens.
Nearly half of Maryland’s crab houses have no workers to pick their meat. Where are the Americans who want these jobs. It’s not about politics, it’s about keeping your business alive.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-04-2018 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 09-03-2018, 11:16 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Nearly half of Maryland’s crab houses have no workers to pick their meat. Where are the Americans who want these jobs. It’s not about politics, it’s about keeping your business alive.
I don't buy it. If you can't get Americans at a fair market rate, then you don't have a viable business.

Last edited by mtl1; 09-03-2018 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post

I don't buy it. If you can't get Americans at a fair market rate, then you don't have a viable business.
That's not true, the problem is that they are seasonal jobs, sometimes lasting for as little as 6 weeks. My cousin grows almonds, she has an awful time finding workers and she pays far in excess of minimum wage. She said that all she gets are bums who quit after a day or two. She said she doesn't blame people for not wanting the work, you can't plan your life around 10 weeks of employment.

We need immigrant labor and the process for getting them through the H2A Visa process is expensive and inefficient. Sometimes they don't even send the workers and in other cases they arrive several weeks late. Hiring through H2A means you have to guess what your harvest will be months in advance and if you can't use all the workers you still have to pay them 75% of their wages, plus transportation to the worksite and you have to provide housing. And to make it even worse you can't check your application online you have to call them on the phone continually to check the status of your request for workers.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 09-04-2018 at 06:20 AM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 09-03-2018, 11:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

That's not true, the problem is that they are seasonal jobs, sometimes lasting for as little as 6 weeks. My cousin grows almonds, she has an awful time finding workers and she pays far in excess of minimum wage. She said that all she gets are bums who quit after a day or two. She said she doesn't blame people for not wanting the work, you can't plan your life around 10 weeks of employment.

We need immigrant labor and the process for getting them through the H2A Visa process is expensive and inefficient. Sometimes they don't even send the workers and in other cases they arrive several weeks late. Hiring through H2A means you have to guess what your harvest will be months in advance and if you can't use all the workers you still have to pay them 75% of their wages, plus transportation to the worksite and you have to provide housing. And to make it even worse you can't check your application online you have to call them on the phone continually to check the status of your request for workers.
Even so most of the illegals aren't doing seasonal farm work. All these employers claim they can't get American workers even above minimum wage, can't use H2A. I don't take it at face value. What I believe is many of them just want easily obtainable cheap and desperate workers. There's no seasonal work or farm work near me and there are so many people who would have to be illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies