Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Thanks.

This info is irrelevant unless she changes her story again.
How is it irrelevant that the door could've been already unlocked? What is irrelevant really is whether the door was ajar, or the resident or she opened the door. All that matters is it was unlocked and she entered the wrong apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2018, 12:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,704,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
"Don't get me wrong. She's going to have to answer in a court of law," Sgt. Mike Mata, president of the Dallas Police Association, said Tuesday. "But it needs to be fair and unbiased and right now it's not unbiased. It's beginning to turn into a political hunt."

It is never fair and unbiased when law enforcement investigates themselves.
Especially when her story keeps changing and even the story on the search warrant is different than the story on the affidavit. The truth should not change.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:00 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,210,591 times
If she was carrying bags, as she used as her excuse for not seeing the red mat at the door, those must have been some bulky bags that they covered her entire view of the ground outside the door. Would she not have to move them and look down to get her key in the lock, or put the bags down on or beside the mat? No peripheral vision to see the color red against the beige floor as she was walking up to it in a well lit hallway? Bad cop that has such poor vision and poor sensory awareness. And she shoots at shadows. No wonder she has put bullets in two people.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:06 PM

28,664 posts, read 18,768,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
How is it irrelevant that the door could've been already unlocked? What is irrelevant really is whether the door was ajar, or the resident or she opened the door. All that matters is it was unlocked and she entered the wrong apartment.
As I think I've said before in this thread, if she found the door unlocked that should have brought her to instant elevated situational awareness. I know that I would have stopped and checked everything before entering if I found my front door unexpectedly unlocked. A police officer...most certainly should.

No matter what, everything points to a pretty lousy cop.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:10 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
This explains it best:

Murder charge, not manslaughter, best fits Botham Jean case because Dallas officer intended to shoot, experts say

Quote:
Longtime defense attorney Brook Busbee said the manslaughter charge doesn't fit what law enforcement said happened in Guyger's arrest warrant affidavit.

"We don't know all the facts, but the facts in the affidavit don't appear to match the manslaughter charge, because the act of shooting him wasn't reckless," Busbee said. "According to the affidavit, in her mind, it was intentional."

Defense attorney John Creuzot, a former judge and prosecutor running against Johnson for district attorney, said in similar cases, suspects are charged with murder. The Guyger case is a "deviation from the norm," he said.

"I am not aware of a case in which a person shoots another person in the torso, with death as the result, and is charged with manslaughter," Creuzot said. "In Dallas County, the longstanding practice of our law enforcement agencies, in similar cases, has been to charge suspects with murder."

Old 09-12-2018, 02:24 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,491,591 times
I wouldn't put too much stock into what John Creuzot says, he's running for office against Johnson. He changed districts and parties to try and get elected. Johnson got the last cop sentenced, I trust her more.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,626,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If she was carrying bags, as she used as her excuse for not seeing the red mat at the door, those must have been some bulky bags that they covered her entire view of the ground outside the door. Would she not have to move them and look down to get her key in the lock, or put the bags down on or beside the mat? No peripheral vision to see the color red against the beige floor as she was walking up to it in a well lit hallway? Bad cop that has such poor vision and poor sensory awareness. And she shoots at shadows. No wonder she has put bullets in two people.

She has no business being a cop. I would have thought a city like Dallas would have had higher standards.

The first guy she shot got her taser off her.

Yes, you would see the red carpet. I still don't understand how you don't know you're on the wrong floor if you're sober.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:03 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,595,629 times
I agree. She had no business being a cop. If she did think it was her apartment and some strange guy opens the door, wouldn't you aim your gun and say come out with your hands up or let me see your hands? Not shoot first thing and figure out what happened afterwards.

Anyway, I think the red door mat will be the key.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:10 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,868,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree. She had no business being a cop. If she did think it was her apartment and some strange guy opens the door, wouldn't you aim your gun and say come out with your hands up or let me see your hands? Not shoot first thing and figure out what happened afterwards.

Anyway, I think the red door mat will be the key.
Not that it makes it much better, but he probably never opened the door or made it all the way to the door before she opened the door and had started to enter the apartment.

Old 09-12-2018, 03:10 PM

46,944 posts, read 25,969,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I agree. She had no business being a cop. If she did think it was her apartment and some strange guy opens the door, wouldn't you aim your gun and say come out with your hands up or let me see your hands?
Or retreat to the landing, get things figured out. There's a subset of those who carry who seem to forget that options exist beyond those involving firearms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies