Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 03:36 AM

1,663 posts, read 877,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Ok, how about you tell me how she disrespects the constitution. Are you trained in law. If you’re not then you have no idea what you’re talking about. But if you are then you can answer my question
Nobody needs to be "trained in law" to know if a person doesn't respect our Constitution, simply listen to what they say. Ginsburg said this in an Egyptian tv interview:

Quote:
I would not look to the U.S. Constitution if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. The United States has the oldest written constitution still in force in the world.
And:
Quote:
I might look at the constitution of South Africa. That is a great piece of work that was done
Disgusting: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Caught on Camera Trashing United States Constitution - Liberty One News

She has also embraced the practice of consulting foreign legal decisions in interpreting the US Constitution. https://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/02/p...reign-law.html

Ginsburg also wants to abolish the Electoral College. Justice Ginsburg Backs Abolition Of The Electoral College | The Daily Caller

Compare this to the words of Justice Antonin Scalia, who said:

Quote:
What a weird notion. That a document changes it's meaning from decade to decade and it's gonna be up to the judges to decide what it means. Especially when this document makes an exception to democratic self governance. When this document says no even if the people want to do certain things they cant do it. I think it's a very strange notion that what those things are, is going to be decided from time to time by unelected judges.
Quote:
My hope is not to be influential. It is to be right, to be faithful to my oath, which is to apply the Constitution.
Quote:
It's a fantastic document. I'm not sure if our people appreciate what a marvelous document it is. Americans should realize, is what a phenomenal piece of work the Constitution was.
Ginsburg sees the Constitution as outdated,and not even worth looking at, while Scalia saw it as the exceptional document that it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 03:56 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,285,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What would the WH be like if Hillary had won?

There wouldn't be a brick or a board left by now.

She would have sold it off while selling us out.
LOL - yeah they stole everything that wasn't nailed down when she and Slick Willie moved out in 2000.
If there is a more repulsive politician alive than Hillary Clinton, I've yet to find one. Stalin & Hitler are both dead so they don't count.

Old 09-17-2018, 06:42 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Posters here fuss and crow about TDS, which I think is hilarious when threads like this pop up. She holds no office. She's off wandering in the woods or something. Yeah, sometimes she pops up in the news. Just ignore it and she loses power and will go away.

What is the point of this thread? Go watch Rick and Morty if you want stuff about alternate universes.
To keep Republicans motivated to vote in the midterm ?

(BTW, I'm not a Republican)

Old 09-17-2018, 06:46 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,654,050 times
If Hillary would have won, the Kremlin would resort to other measures to get their guy in next time.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:01 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,797,563 times
Every day we'd be told how wonderful everything was, how Our Leader was fighting for us, all the wonderful things She was doing, how thankful we should be for Her valiant efforts.

White House press releases not only would be read on the news everyday, they would BE the news everyday. There would be no dissent. Or dissenters. Not that we'd know of, anyway.

The First Gentleman would be making the lecture circuit, addressing questions about briefs vs. boxers and other matters of concern to the university community.

Everything would be Under Control.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:43 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Who cares?

She lost.....your flawed character won and is destroying your party from within...….. get over it.
We do care as that is exactly what we can expect if the Democrats win seats!

Right now everything is going much better and we would never have known about the collusion and corruption by the Democrats, if it wasn't for Donald Trump!

Old 09-17-2018, 03:41 PM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Jenkins View Post
it would look like a trailer park they are white trash
Don't insult people who live in trailer parks

Old 09-17-2018, 10:58 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,668,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Right wingers can't get over the fact that Hillary lost. SMH
Yeah, it must be really terrible for them to continue to suffer from CDS (Clinton Derangement Syndrome). Can't get her off their minds. Maybe someone should start a clinic for that problem.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:38 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
If Hillary would have won, the Kremlin would resort to other measures to get their guy in next time.
Um..the Kremlin would more likely call in Hillys debts since they bought her off years ago. She would have no doubt sold us out even further by selling them the rest of our uranium supply for mere pennies..Not to mention the tens of millions Hilly got from the Arabs..yeah..they would have totally owend her..nice try though

Old 09-18-2018, 08:10 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times
China would have moved their embassy into the West Wing by now. Perhaps Russia also.

The USA would be destroyed as a country. We don't how fortunate we are that Hillary lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies