Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2008, 12:16 PM

877 posts, read 2,767,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veltz View Post
According to Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm - broken link) Blacks commit 52% of all homicides in the United States despite being <15% of the population.

The graph includes Hispanic/Mexicans/etc in the "White" graph (Hispanics comprise 1/3rd of Federal Inmates despite being 15% of the population).

Draw your own conclusions.
Umm, not to dispute this but are you confident enough in these numbers to actual draw a conclusion? I mean, do you really think that Dominincans and Puerto Ricans are included in the "White" segment? What about Cubans, Columbians etc? Middle Easterners and Asians, are they considered in the White segment or are they considered in the "Other" category? I mean Desi Arnaz Jr, is Cuban but I am pretty sure he would be in the "White" segment, while Celia Cruz, I think would probably fall in the "Black" segment, so saying Hispanics fall into the "White" category is somewhat misleading. Also, aren't those numbers based on what the arresting officer views the person as, and not what the person self-identifies with, so for all intents and purposes I could look at a criminal and identify them as Black on the form when that is only based on my assumption. Same way, I could look and say that the person is White based on my assumption but I could be wrong on both counts.

Just throwing that out there as far as the graphs are concerned and trying to show that they cannot be used for definitive conclusions.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:11 PM

272 posts, read 784,345 times
Nope....

Are you scared of WHITE MEN?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:22 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixguy View Post
Why do you think some people were getting mad at how to catch a predator. Because it was white males and not black males.
Huh? I'm white and I never got offended from that show. Yes most of them were white and Indian (from India), but that's because more whites are likely to be PC owners and on the internet, and the show was usually in the suburbs. I never felt that show was out to get white men.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:25 PM

762 posts, read 1,595,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
but that's because more whites are likely to be PC owners and on the internet,
ahaha so we can't afford computers now??
I don't understand that statement.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:44 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixguy View Post
That sucks for you doesn't it. You are going to live in fear for how long. I mean whites kill whites, black on blacks, hispanics kill hispanics. Every study and statastic shows that when it comes to crime.
I dont have to live in fear, I just live where they don't come in groups.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:18 PM

1,330 posts, read 5,093,467 times
I'm not scared of black men, anyone who gives me bad vibes is going to get ignored and avoided.

My female rottie makes a wonderful car alarm, personal theft deterant, and can sniff out no good a mile away. She's a big factor in how I judge people. So far she has sniffed out 3 kids up to no good at a gas station, 1 kid approaching me with a knife in his back pocket, and 1 coke user before he came out of the closet. She is how I know if I am being unfair or too trusting towards someone.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:56 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
My honest answer to this is I am afraid of "shady" looking people. White, black, yellow, whatever.
Some people just make me uneasy-not specific to race.
EXACTLY!! Evil does not discriminate!! You can be asian, black, white, indian or hispanic. My thinking is..your instinct tells you to be "aware"..BEAWARE..regardless of what the individual/group may look like. Satan/Evil comes in all shapes, forms and sizes!!!! I am a black woman that has been with a black man for over 15 years..he takes care of me, loves me and protects me. Color has nothing to do with evil and what evil does!! With all do respect...this is a very ignorant question. If Obama was hanging out with a few of his colleagues..would you be afraid?? Most likely not!! "Black Men" is toooooooo general, my friend. Listen to the news and you realize that evil does not discriminate!! Good luck to you!

Old 05-10-2008, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,096 times
Default Let's talk about skin color.

People always say that they don't care whether the skin color is brown, black, white, or GREEN. C'mon, is this the truth?

Let's be honest. You would be kinda of scared of someone with green skin. If you seen War of the Worlds you know what I mean! Then again, not all aliens are bad. Take E.T. for example. Healing Elliot and such. He was good, um, people. His skin was charcoal colored though.

It ain't easy being green. Hey, Kermit the Frog sang that song and he's green and he was also good um pe-... animal, amphibian. Not a bad reporter either.

I just remembered Yoda.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:19 PM

437 posts, read 631,300 times
Amazing how many people here think that black men are just sitting around staring at them, but I digress.

As an old woman, I'm afraid of any group of young men. As a young woman, I was never around any group of black men (Negro men back then) long enough to be afraid of them. I should mention that as a whole, I think that young men in groups are probably better behaved than they were back in my time, which was a far more sexist time with little to no protection under the law or in school. Back then, if you didn't have big brothers or a daddy with a baseball bat, you had it very hard.

Since the statistics show us that white men are more likely to abuse drugs, steal money at a much higher amount per crime and FAR more likely to molest children, perhaps we should all be clutching our purses when a white man is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yes most of them were white and Indian (from India), but that's because more whites are likely to be PC owners and on the internet, and the show was usually in the suburbs.
No, it's because most convicted child molesters (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/press/rsorp94pr.htm - broken link) are white. Do you really think our country would be this lax on child molestation if 70% of child molesters were black men?

Last edited by LauraKGrisgby; 05-10-2008 at 04:32 PM..

Old 05-10-2008, 04:40 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,089,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trabbz View Post
LOL!!! That is funny cuz its true that ppl try to defend themselves by doing that. Even I did it, but I did it because its true!! And my boyfriend and I have little race arguments all the time. Its usually because we are really defensive about ourselves when good or bad things happen within our own race.
This reminded me of a comedian I heard once say that when you're watching the news and they're describing some crime that's been committed, before they get to the description of the perpetrator, black people are thinking "please don't be a black guy, please don't be a black guy" and white people are (shaking their heads) thinking, "it's probably a black guy".

That made me LOL because it is so true. So true. For me anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies