Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 05:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,513,424 times

Advertisements

He's very popular with Russians, that we know, and Poland is very close to Russia. This makes sense.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:10 PM

1,330 posts, read 698,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Makes sense. Poland is one of the few countries in Europe not committing cultural suicide.

Although I wouldn't say Trump is popular with ALL foreign leaders. Only those with a head on their shoulders.
So Putin, Kim, who else?

Old 09-18-2018, 06:11 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,767,894 times
Trump loves the poles.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:17 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
So Putin, Kim, who else?
Hungary, Czech Republic, and Japan. Possibly some of the southeast Asian nations.

You can disparage them all you want, but in the absence of some catastrophic events, they will still be Russians, Hungarians, Czechs, Polish, and Japanese in a hundred years. The rest of the world will not have their traditional identities.

It's yet to be seen who comes out on top in the "diverse" rest of the world. I would assume the Middle Easterners for the most part, since they are largely being given a green light at this point. They don't even have to lift a scimitar.

I would pick Russia for being most "defined culture" in the future. They tend to not put up with bull**** from other countries and they insist that anyone coming in to their country become integrated into Russian society and language. Yes, they wasted nearly a hundred years of their history with a lame experiment that failed, but they seem to be getting slowly back on track. Sadly, in some ways, their populace is freer than ours is.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:20 PM

24,605 posts, read 9,442,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
We need to be closing bases, not opening new ones. Poland can put its own people in harms way
Harms way? But liberals have convinced us Putin and Trump are allies.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Poland can put its own people in harms way
By not opening it's doors to the Middle East? How is that harming the Polish people? It may save a few rapes, if that's bad. Other than that, I can't really think of anything. Fanatics not kneeling in the town squares, caterwauling? I guess that could be harmful.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:23 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,640,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Hungary, Czech Republic, and Japan. Possibly some of the southeast Asian nations.

You can disparage them all you want, but in the absence of some catastrophic events, they will still be Russians, Hungarians, Czechs, Polish, and Japanese in a hundred years. The rest of the world will not have their traditional identities.

It's yet to be seen who comes out on top in the "diverse" rest of the world. I would assume the Middle Easterners for the most part, since they are largely being given a green light. They don't even have to lift a scimitar.

I would pick Russia for being most "defined culture" in the future. They tend to not put up with bull**** from other countries and they insist that anyone coming in to their country become integrated into Russian society and language. Yes, they wasted nearly a hundred years of their history with a lame experiment that failed, but they seem to be getting slowly back on track. Sadly, in some ways, their populace is freer than ours is.
Just about every word of this is rank ignorance. Did you base this on ANYTHING you’ve read or did you just rely on your intuition to cobble together this opinion? Russia is an authoritarian society -has been for centuries. Was before communism- is after communism.

Last edited by WestCobb; 09-18-2018 at 07:46 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 07:29 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,209,554 times
All these guys know how to work Trump. Kiss the ring and his arse and you will get whatever you want.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Just about every word of this is rank ignorance. Did you base this on ANYTHING you’ve read or did you just rely on your intuition to cobble together this opinion? Russia is an authoritarian society -has been for centuries. Was before communism- is after communism. Yes, they’re white. That must be why you love them so much.
I have read that Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Japan, and Russia (among a few others) do not allow mass immigration from the Middle East or anywhere else, for that matter. In Poland's case, I have read that there has been no terrorist activity related to the middle east, no muslim street rapes, and no cultural strife. It is posited that this is mainly due to their mono-culture and insistence that anyone that IS allowed into the country must learn the language and integrate into the society. I've also read that this is mostly the case in Russia (at least of the last 20 years or so).

Personally, I don't see that as a bad thing. It doesn't mean that I've suddenly gone Russian or anything. Or suddenly booked a flight to Poland. It simply means that they are doing that right and we are not. They are not doing EVERYTHING right and I never said they were. I said they were doing THAT right, especially in the case of Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. They value their culture and ethnic citizens of their respective countries, we do not. It's that simple. Quit putting words in my mouth. Just because I said they got that right it doesn't mean I said they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And I'd tell you where you can cram your "white" comment, but I'd get an infraction just as you should for the insinuation.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
People in hell want ice water...they ain’t getting that either.

The United States has no national interests in Poland. There’s no good reason to extend a mutual defense pact with them, and I don’t give a damn that they’re in NATO. Poland is NOTHING to us, and it’s not a nation worth protecting. They live in a bad neighborhood, but that’s their problem. A million Poles aren’t worth the life of one American soldier.

We should be leaving Europe, not expanding across Europe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies