Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 07:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I have read that Hungary, Czech Republic, Poland, Japan, and Russia (among a few others) do not allow mass immigration from the Middle East or anywhere else, for that matter. In Poland's case, I have read that there has been no terrorist activity related to the middle east, no muslim street rapes, and no cultural strife. It is posited that this is mainly due to their mono-culture and insistence that anyone that IS allowed into the country must learn the language and integrate into the society. I've also read that this is mostly the case in Russia (at least of the last 20 years or so).

Personally, I don't see that as a bad thing. It doesn't mean that I've suddenly gone Russian or anything. Or suddenly booked a flight to Poland. It simply means that they are doing that right and we are not. They are not doing EVERYTHING right and I never said they were. I said they were doing THAT right, especially in the case of Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic. They value their culture and ethnic citizens of their respective countries, we do not. It's that simple. Quit putting words in my mouth. Just because I said they got that right it doesn't mean I said they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.

And I'd tell you where you can cram your "white" comment, but I'd get an infraction just as you should for the insinuation.
I’ve been to Hungary and Poland as recently as last year. They’re both slipping into authoritarianism. The people of both countries, but especially Hungary, fear their governments which err run by looters and mafioso. Russia has been that way forever. There was a very brief time in the 19903 when it looked like it might become a free society but that time is past.

All that said, ok, you like their immigration policies. Middle Easterners don’t want to live in those countries anyways. Neither do their native born citizens. Everyone would prefer to live in countries with more freedom - Germany, the UK, France, the Netherlands, etc. Better economies too.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like Fort Trump is going to be a great place to be stationed.

Poles every where and Polish ladies too.
I can say this, he is popular with a lot of European ex-pats. They are shocked when they ask me what I think of Trump and my reply is less than flattering.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:05 PM

25,768 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I’ve been to Hungary and Poland as recently as last year. They’re both slipping into authoritarianism. The people of both countries, but especially Hungary, fear their governments which err run by looters and mafioso. Russia has been that way forever. There was a very brief time in the 19903 when it looked like it might become a free society but that time is past.

All that said, ok, you like their immigration policies. Middle Easterners don’t want to live in those countries anyways. Neither do their native born citizens. Everyone would prefer to live in countries with more freedom - Germany, the UK, France, the Netherlands, etc. Better economies too.
Well, I can believe you or I can believe the news channels. Now, mind you, I don't really put a lot of credence in the news channels these days. BUT, they are far-left biased and still reporting that Poland (for instance) is the most peaceful place in Europe as far as terrorism. They show interviews with citizens who love their country and want to keep it theirs.

It's a tough choice, but I'll go with the multiple news reports over the past years. No offense.

Then, of course, I see news reports of places like Sweden, where there are some pretty major problems with immigration and cultural clashes--a country I'm sure you would call a Utopia. Again, no offense, but I'll go with the various news reports, videos, photos of strife, reports of street rapes with no arrests, etc, and conclude they are doing some things very wrong.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:19 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,440 times
Poland doesn't play ball with the European union. In between Germany and Russia and don't trust neither one. So they are inviting the US, thinking it will guarantee their self determination.

So what's in it for the US?
From there they could turn the ex soviet countries from Russian's hand into the west. In other words, expand what is happening in Ukraine: Change the government with a coup, and have Russia react.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 PM

30,170 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They will be closing bases in Germany to do this.

So we are not bringing the troops simply moving them around?

Only thing I would support is bringing all our troops home. And of course get out of NATO.

We have nukes. No one is going to attack us. If they attack somewhere else that is not our problem.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:38 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,416,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
So getting out of NATO is your position ?
You can be in NATO and not have bases all over. How many NATO countries have bases in the US?

There is zero reason to have this or any base there. Given the size of the NATO members collective economy, I say there is zero reason to even be in NATO, let them spend their money and their blood and their defense.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:46 PM

1,675 posts, read 577,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
You can be in NATO and not have bases all over. How many NATO countries have bases in the US?

There is zero reason to have this or any base there. Given the size of the NATO members collective economy, I say there is zero reason to even be in NATO, let them spend their money and their blood and their defense.

You have no idea how the US works. Not only are they going to make the Polish military strong, they are going to make them grow economically. Why? To have leverage over Germany, and be able to close in on Russia.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:48 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:

I wonder why the left and their hate Trump media was outraged when they thought incorrectly Trump was going to get out of NATO. Humm…………….

Old 09-18-2018, 09:01 PM

652 posts, read 340,811 times
Love them Poles!!

Old 09-18-2018, 09:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:

The EU is like a child that needs protection from the bully Putie Put.
They're to stupid to protect themselves, that's why they let in millions of people who hate them, rob and rape them all on the safety net incomes.

Poland is one of the exceptions and Fort Trump has got a nice sound to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies