Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 02:04 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times

Advertisements

No outrage here dude. Booker is suit. What is there to be outraged about. Outrage is reserved for those who matter.

Dr/Ms Ford did not accuse Judge Kavanaugh of rape. That requires penetration. Oral doesn't count per Willie #42. Get your facts straight.

They make a difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So let's see:

A dem admits to trying to cop a feel while in bed with a friend while messing around 30 years ago and they remained friends afterward and Repubs are outraged.

A Supreme court nominee is accused of rape 30 years ago and it is no big deal with Repubs. as they launch a smear campaign against the victim.

See the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,559 posts, read 1,438,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Those on the left have used their tremendous emotional deduction skills to emotionally and hysterically decide he is guilty, although there is zero evidence and in fact, the only other person Ford says was in the room says it never happened.
Yeah. The black out drunk. Dang.

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
If we will see proofs that Kavanaugh tried to rape that woman - yes.
Would you be okay with an FBI investigation to get to the bottom of it and ensure all possible witnesses are questioned?

Or are you okay with a "he said/she said" on Monday?

Old 09-19-2018, 02:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
compare someone admitting their mistake vs someone denying it. I know this may be hard for you to comprehend but theres a huge difference between this, and someone covering your mouth so you cant scream as they try and take you......who then denies it all.
Trump fans are never good at analogies. And Al Franken stepped down for a photo of a joke that was in bad taste.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:08 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I don't like the way society is trending that if you ever had any kind of indiscretion in your youth then that disqualifies you from any type of major position for your whole life.

Young people rarely get everything right.
I actually agree with this... but then we get stuff like the Kavanaugh accusation. Can't have it both ways...

Old 09-19-2018, 02:11 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Would you be okay with an FBI investigation to get to the bottom of it and ensure all possible witnesses are questioned?

Or are you okay with a "he said/she said" on Monday?
Sure.
After the nomination or after the elections, subject to an agreement that he will be nominated even if the dems will win.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:16 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,591,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's ironic about all this is in the full context of that article Booker is writing as an enlightened, progressive, feminist...even being called a "man hater" by a male peer.

But what was an "enlightened, progressive, feminist" in 1992 (with the actual incident occurring in 1984 - how appropriate) is not good enough by today's SJW standards.

Another oddity is Booker writing "With the ‘Top Gun’ slogan ringing in my head, I slowly reached for her breast" during an encounter on New Year's Eve 1984 when 'Top Gun' wasn't released until 1986.
I'm assuming he was thinking of the line "I feel the need..." I'm pretty sure that sentiment predates "Top Gun," but because it is so closely associated with the movie, I don't find it particularly remarkable that he would refer to it in those terms.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm assuming he was thinking of the line "I feel the need..." I'm pretty sure that sentiment predates "Top Gun," but because it is so closely associated with the movie, I don't find it particularly remarkable that he would refer to it in those terms.
"I feel the need...the need for speed"?

If you were born in 1964 (as indicated by your username) I'll take your word for it that the slogan predates the movie since you've got a couple of years on me.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,980,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump fans are never good at analogies. And Al Franken stepped down for a photo of a joke that was in bad taste.
AND the part you conveniently forget, where a woman accused him of unwanted and forcefully kissing her during a comedy sketch.

Old 09-19-2018, 02:31 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Democrats declared admission is forgiveness. so essentially they proclaim an attempted rape is a more forgivable offense than a lie.

Knowing CB, he probably made that story up to highlight himself to some audience. Let's look for a pattern.

CB cooked his goose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies