Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,495,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Oh speaking of South Carolina.
These guys did it too

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f3eQGO...ature=youtu.be

Oh no! Another RWNJ complaining how Obama and Hillary are comin' for his guns and repealing the 2nd amendment. So when some kid picks up a gun and shoots his sister, they can cry "Oh GEEEEEZUS" in unison! And then go to Walmart to pay more for those remaining kid's toys. MAGA ...MAGA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 07:34 PM

987 posts, read 780,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Or someone with a new job, or the construction worker whose clothes wear out quickly, family portraits....

Ah, tell them to suck it.
I always head to the thrift stores and consignment stores before I set foot inside a retail store. I find clothes with the tags still attached at thrift stores, and I love it when I find a designer name brand while I am thrift store shopping.

I bought my last gas dryer at a thrift store. For electronics I head to the local Pawn Shop Empeno

Old 09-19-2018, 07:36 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I guess you better get on the horn and call BMW up and tell them the billions they're wasting paying South Carolinians, rather than having 100% automation.
I was watching a video of car manufacturing plant a few months ago. I don't remember the company.

Anyway, from loading dock to production of the cars rolling off the assembly line were almost all done by robotic processes. There were a few workers there but the automation technology did almost all the actual work.

You are dreaming if you don't think that wouldn't happen in bringing work back to the US. In fact, current jobs are at risk because of automation in the US today.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Looks like Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods will hit Walmart big time! Get ready to spend some of that tax cut on higher prices at Walmart. Just in time for Christmas! I guess those kiddies will have to do with less toys.

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/19/new...ina/index.html

Thanks Bigly Donald! Making America Groan Again!
Materialism is a vanity crime. The country is more important for some than a new toy.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Oh no! Another RWNJ complaining how Obama and Hillary are comin' for their guns and repealing the 2nd amendment. So when some kid picks up a gun and shoots his sister, they can cry "Oh GEEEEEZUS" in unison! And then go to Walmart to pay more for those remaining kid's toys. MAGA ...MAGA!
You didn't watch the video and get any take away from it?

Just emote out. Point of that video is the man's business principle.
Watch it again.

That dude started selling parts out of his garage. And built a company that expanded from selling whole sale overstock at a lower price than the main stream retailers, to now owning MULTIPLE operations including manufacturing, and employs A LOT of people. Including multiple retail stores

But yeah. Total RWNJ.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Materialism is a vanity crime. The country is more important for some than a new toy.
I agree! Shocking though that may be to me!

Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
I was watching a video of car manufacturing plant a few months ago. I don't remember the company.

Anyway, from loading dock to production of the cars rolling off the assembly line were almost all done by robotic processes. There were a few workers there but the automation technology did almost all the actual work.

You are dreaming if you don't think that wouldn't happen in bringing work back to the US. In fact, current jobs are at risk because of automation in the US today.
I don't have automation. But if my taxes went through the roof, and I had tons of cost burdening regulations....
Yeah. I would get ingenious and build some robots for my industry.

Or...

I could tell daddy .gov you impose x taxes, y regulations, for z years I either fold and fall back to my former career, and you pick up the tab on the tax payers dime for 14 employees.
Or.
You work with me to allow me to still operate at current costs and your regulations and taxes do not apply to me. Or roll your regulations and taxes back, so I can hire more that get laid off.

Ball is in your court.
.gov will say comply or die. I give my employees a 2 month notice to find a place to work. Their jobs are going away. I'll either replace them with robots. Or I'll just shut down and sell off assets and equipment. Kinda hard to have robots for my line of work. Or my former lines of work.

Would need tons of programmers and support staff to make sure the robots perform...

Old 09-19-2018, 07:47 PM

Quote:
You didn't watch the video and get any take away from it?

Just emote out. Point of that video is the man's business principle.
Watch it again.

That dude started selling parts out of his garage. And built a company that expanded from selling whole sale overstock at a lower price than the main stream retailers, to now owning MULTIPLE operations including manufacturing, and employs A LOT of people. Including multiple retail stores

But yeah. Total RWNJ.
I did watch the video! I would have been more impressed if he had started a business making cardiac stents at a lower cost than guns. He saw killing overseas and now with his business acumen, he will end up creating more of it here with his products! Way to go!

Old 09-19-2018, 07:47 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,820,009 times
Quote:
I don't have automation. But if my taxes went through the roof, and I had tons of cost burdening regulations....
Yeah. I would get ingenious and build some robots for my industry.

Or...

I could tell daddy .gov you impose x taxes, you regulations for z years I either fold and fall back to my former career, and you pick up the tab on the tax payers dime for 14 employees.
Or.
You work with me to allow me to still operate at current costs and your regulations and taxes do not apply to me. Or roll your regulations and taxes back, so I can hire more that get laid off.

Ball is in your court.
.gov will say comply or die. I give my employees a 2 month notice to find a place to work. Their jobs are going away. I'll either replace them with robots. Or I'll just shut down and sell off assets and equipment. Kinda hard to have robots for my line of work. Or my former lines of work.

Would need tons of programmers and support staff to make sure the robots perform...
Well actually, I don't think that you even have a company.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I did watch the video! I would have been more impressed if he had started a business making cardiac stents at a lower cost than guns. He saw killing overseas and now with his business acumen, he will end up creating more of it here with his products! Way to go!
Yes he did see killing overseas. Killing when tyrannical warlords slaughtered wholesale (Sadam hussein) their citizens.
The killings that he speaks of are why we don't have them here in America
Let a tyrant mobilize on domestic soil, you'll be thanking us "RWNJs" later.

Far as cardiac stints go. LOL you forget the scheme the medical industry pulls with 300-1000% markup on insurance companies and patients. Plus the labor for the surgeon to put them in.

Your argument = lemming liberal epic fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies