Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Advertisements

Restaurants and perhaps other public venues where it could be expected readily recognizable figures could attend should develop an emergency contingency plan and discuss it with their staff.

One gets on the phone to the cops and the others rally around the victim putting themselves between them and the protagonists while stating the miscreants are trespassers and must immediately leave.

Why wouldn't they have already done this?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Restaurants and perhaps other public venues where it could be expected readily recognizable figures could attend should develop an emergency contingency plan and discuss it with their staff.

One gets on the phone to the cops and the others rally around the victim putting themselves between them and the protagonists while stating the miscreants are trespassers and must immediately leave.

Why wouldn't they have already done this?
I don't think it's in the restaurant business's best interest to have a plan for how to shield people the public at large disdains.

If I were a restauranteur, I'd be happier if he and others equally disdained didn't show up so I'd have to waste my staff time protecting him from protesters.

And that's not a political statement - at all - I'd say it the other way around for people on either side. It's just a "what's good for business" stance. And "what's good for business" is not seeking and attracting patrons who bring controversy with them.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Right-wingers *always* turn to authoritarian fantasies when things aren't going their way.
Left wingers are the ones trying to intimidate and influence politics with heavy handed tactics like forming mobs.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:14 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
There needs to be some sort of penalty. ATM I cannot think of a charge other than disorderly but that will not suffice.
Charge the leftist with this :

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

Quote:
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government;

Old 09-25-2018, 12:17 PM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
if I were a patron there I would demand a refund for my meal having to put up with that.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:17 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I have no issue with protesting but to do it in a place of business and getting into somebody's face is just completely insane no matter what side of the aisle you are on. I can't stand Cruz but the people harassing him are completely out of control. How were they even allowed in there in the first place? I feel bad for the other patrons.
well this is what the left is. this is who they have become. you need to consider that. this is about totalitarian intimidation. there isn't a dimes worth of difference between the modern American left and the various radical European political parties of the post WW1 era when they were running around beating each others brains out trying to violently get to the top.

remember how that ended.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:19 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Right-wingers *always* turn to authoritarian fantasies when things aren't going their way.
well... what we are watching isn't a fantasy. its authoritarian intimidation in action. it is the current political action of the American left.

you guys are using violence, and the threat thereof to force your opponents to shut up.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It seems to you that shouting disagreement with that little toad Cruz is tantamount to trying to overthrow the government?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:28 PM

23,597 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think it's in the restaurant business's best interest to have a plan for how to shield people the public at large disdains.

If I were a restauranteur, I'd be happier if he and others equally disdained didn't show up so I'd have to waste my staff time protecting him from protesters.

And that's not a political statement - at all - I'd say it the other way around for people on either side. It's just a "what's good for business" stance. And "what's good for business" is not seeking and attracting patrons who bring controversy with them.
So it's not the protesters that shouldn't "show up", it's their victims who shouldn't show up?

Is it just me, or is something wrong with that kind of thinking?

Old 09-25-2018, 12:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
I agree with Beto!

"Not right that Senator Cruz and his wife Heidi were surrounded and forced to leave a restaurant last night because of protesters. The Cruz family should be treated with respect."--Beto O'Rourke

Last edited by fitzy24; 09-25-2018 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies