Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:05 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I support the Dems protecting the Supreme Court *by any means necessary*.

And I don't care in the slightest whether or not said accusations are true.

It's about time the Dems learned to fight dirty
I know people like you in real life. That is why I believe these woman could be lying. They probably believe PARTY over MORALS. Taking one for the team. Its so pathetic.

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Unsurprisingly, the usual leftist fanatics have to use an "example" similar to claiming that, since there were pats of the Titanic's hull that did NOT get pierced by the iceberg, the entire idea that the ship sank is now BS.
LOL. Whatever. The seating of Gorsuch disproves your entire OP, but if you want to make it about me, have at it. It's understandable that you would try to deflect when you are proven to have no point.

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
When did the Democrats ever fight any other way?

Thank you, Exhibit 'A', for putting your ignorance, and your party's vulgarity in the front window for all of us to recognize.
Two words: Merrick Garland. The "honorable" GOP wouldn't even bring the nomination up for a vote. So, please spare me your, and the OP's "righteous indignation" It doesn't wash.

16,579 posts, read 20,720,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Will every conservative USSC nominee from now on be accused of sexual harassment decades ago by women he doesn't know?

Clarence Thomas was, by a woman he did know, and who followed him from job to job for years praising him, before coming up with a new story at the last minute during his confirmation hearing, that he flatly denied and stated categorically never happened.

Presidential candidate Herman Cain got the same treatment, from a woman he also knew and had had business dealings with for years, before she came up with a new story at the last minute during his confirmation hearing, that he flatly denied and stated categorically never happened.

John Roberts didn't get that treatment. But shortly after his confirmation, he voted to approve the Obamacare mandate even after stating it was unconstitutional. He then added that if it were changed to pretend it was a tax (though the bill itself said the fines were "penalties" in dozens of places) it would be barely constitutional, though very much against American ideals and traditions... and then he announce HE was making that change (this is called "legislating from the bench") rather than sending it back to Congress as the Constitution required for them to change and re-vote on. And the Democrats never even told him "Thank You". Gorsuch also never got such treatment.

And now Brett Kavanaugh is also getting the same treatment as Thomas and Cain, though the Democrats had to dig back more than thirty years into his high school days, before finally finding a woman he didn't even know, who couldn't remember the time or place of whatever incident, and never said anything about it, but insists it was him. It was not brought up until the last minute during his confirmation hearing, which he flatly denied and stated categorically never happened.

Is it unreasonable to expect that, the next time a Republican president nominates a conservative to become a Supreme Court justice, That the questioning and interviews will go smoothly for months, with people from all sides praising him for his exceptional moral character and integrity... until the Democrats suddenly bring up a woman who never said a single bad thing about him or years, and perhaps didn't even know him at all... but suddenly changes her tune and accuses him of sexual harassment decades in his past? A charge not brought up until the last minute during his confirmation hearing, which he flatly denies and states categorically never happened?

Count on it.

Particularly when they have no other legitimate reason to deny the conservative future nominee, a seat on the bench.

Why would Democrats break such a successful pattern?

Future conservative nominees, buckle your seat belts. You now know exactly what will happen to you, by surprise, nearly at the end of your confirmation hearings. Whether you did anything to deserve it or not. Whether you have been a Boy Scout all your lives, who never so much as stepped on a crack in the sidewalk for the 50 years of your life.

You will be accused of rape, harassment, misconduct, and all the rest. And you and your family will have to go through months of agony trying to "prove a negative".

Count on it.

Oh, and the next Democratic nominees? You get a pass. Even if Bill Clinton or Keith Ellison are the next appointments by a future leftist President (if any).
Are you saying no one accused Roberts of misconduct because his vote on Obamacare was anticipated? Is that what you believe?

Neither Alito nor Gorsuch was accused of improper behavior. Does that fact affect your dire predictions?

Herman Cain was accused of sexual misconduct, but Rubio, Bush, Cruz, Paul, Kasich, Carson, etc. were not. What do you make of that?

17,006 posts, read 12,602,310 times
Both parties will destroy anyone and everyone to get their way.

Its and ugly 2 way street.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:06 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
This method will only work for so long. It will do real victims a disservice in the long term. Bad politics. Shame

Old 09-25-2018, 12:07 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,771,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I know people like you in real life. That is why I believe these woman could be lying. They probably believe PARTY over MORALS. Taking one for the team. Its so pathetic.
Ain't it cute how pepole who support President *****-grabber think they have something to say about 'morals'

Old 09-25-2018, 12:08 PM

13,971 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Two words: Merrick Garland. The "honorable" GOP wouldn't even bring the nomination up for a vote. So, please spare me your, and the OP's "righteous indignation" It doesn't wash.
Working off the Biden rule of 1992. No nominations for a lame duck in an election year, said Biden. McConnell simply paid Biden back for that.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:09 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
Quote:

This is why I have no problem whatsoever calling these recent left wing accusers liars, because left wingers don't give a damn about truth as long as it moves their agenda forward. ****em, ****em all.

Old 09-25-2018, 12:10 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:

Learned??? The Dems invented "borking" after smearing Judge Bork.

Every woman seeking higher office has been put on notice. If you ever went to Mardi Gras and "earned your bead" or flashed your boobs during a rock concert, you are now considered "unfit" for office. That is the new standard per the Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies