Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 04:05 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times

Advertisements

HUM, I see the political-environment in the USA just getting nastier and nastier. So yes, by any means necessary get the WIN for your party......whatever it takes.

Old 09-25-2018, 04:09 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,771,508 times
Whatever it takes.

You Trump voters have proven beyond any doubt that you have no respect for your fellow Americans, not a shred of decency, and all the judgment of an addict spending his paycheck on lotto tickets. Therefore ya'll *deserve* no respect, no decency, and no consideration of your obviously childish judgment.

We'll set this right. We don't need or even *want* your approval

Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
I support the Dems protecting the Supreme Court *by any means necessary*.

And I don't care in the slightest whether or not said accusations are true.

It's about time the Dems learned to fight dirty
At least you're honest about subverting the Constitution and being anti American.

The Dims started fighting dirty first. You can thank your boy Harry Reid (D).

Old 09-25-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
If Kavanagh goes down, I sincerely hope every single person nominated by a liberal president is accused of horrific sexual deviancy.
Even if there is video proof of it liberal media won't broadcast it and the left will claim it's fake news created by Russian bots.

Old 09-25-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, but I expect candidates with a questionable past should have that past closely examined.

Neil Gorsuch was not subjected to this kind of scrutiny, because there was nothing in his past to warrant it. He even got some votes from Democrats. That makes your entire OP is BS.
There is nothing in Kavanaughs past to warrant it either. Lies made up by liberal fanatics and broadcast by liberal media don't equate to a questionable past. Even Feinstein admits they aren't telling the truth and the NYT even refused to publish their latest fantasy.

Old 09-25-2018, 11:30 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Two words: Merrick Garland. The "honorable" GOP wouldn't even bring the nomination up for a vote.
It's always a hoot when Democrats, who treated their constituents so badly that the voters voted them out of a majority in the Senate (thus taking away the privilege of deciding who gets discussed, voted on etc.), still whine that somehow they are "owed" the privilege to making such decisions anyway.

Maybe you fellows should try voting the way your constituents want for a change, instead of voting against their desires so much that they fire you and take away your power.

Elections have consequences. And you got some laid on you when Obama nominated Merrick Garland.

Don't like it? Complain to your bosses - all 320,000,000 of them. If you can convince enough of them you will vote for what is best for them and their country, maybe they'll give you another chance.

But a friendly warning: Thy are smarter than you think. And they have learned they can't take your promises at face value. You have broken too many of them.

Sucks to be you, doesn't it?

Old 09-26-2018, 04:32 AM

15,866 posts, read 21,455,012 times
My rapist would come off looking fine (at least in that regard) in an FBI investigation despite raping not only me, but several other teenagers. I tried to make a report and was given the brush off by the police because we had previously dated so nothing was filed and, at 17, I thought if the police wouldn't believe me then who would. I still feel the need to add that I was at his home to tutor him and was wearing sweatpants when I talk about it, and it's been 15 years. As if that makes a difference.

If he was a nominee or candidate, I would hope I would have the strength to come forward. We're from the same political party.

Plenty of candidates have had fierce opposition campaigns that included not a whiff of accusations of impropriety. This isn't a witch hunt.

It's sad for me to think that there's another generation of 17 year old girls who may be sexually assaulted or raped tomorrow who will look around and realize that people will make all kinds of excuses for the poor behavior of men rather than believing them. This should have been solved before I was even in high school to deal with it myself.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:51 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My rapist would come off looking fine (at least in that regard) in an FBI investigation despite raping not only me, but several other teenagers. I tried to make a report and was given the brush off by the police because we had previously dated so nothing was filed and, at 17, I thought if the police wouldn't believe me then who would. I still feel the need to add that I was at his home to tutor him and was wearing sweatpants when I talk about it, and it's been 15 years. As if that makes a difference.

If he was a nominee or candidate, I would hope I would have the strength to come forward. We're from the same political party.

Plenty of candidates have had fierce opposition campaigns that included not a whiff of accusations of impropriety. This isn't a witch hunt.

It's sad for me to think that there's another generation of 17 year old girls who may be sexually assaulted or raped tomorrow who will look around and realize that people will make all kinds of excuses for the poor behavior of men rather than believing them. This should have been solved before I was even in high school to deal with it myself.
Kavanaugh is not being accused of rape but of being rowdy and exposing himself at some high school or college party.

And it this point it really is ridiculous. There is no way to prove these allegations - especially so many years after. So why are we engaging in them as if we're some gossiping high schoolers?

And I bet in your story above - you didn't go to the police right away. When you take your time to report serious crimes, your believability goes down - credibility has a half life. Not saying you're lying, or telling the truth, or something in between but we just can't convict people based on the say-so of someone. There needs to be evidence, not just your word.

Old 09-26-2018, 04:56 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,772,003 times
Not every conservative nominated to the US Supreme Court will be accused of sexual assault, only the males. A female nominee will instead be accused of using the n word once back in high school, and the far left will quickly hunt down someone willing to say it as soon as a woman is nominated.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:00 AM

2,362 posts, read 779,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Not every conservative nominated to the US Supreme Court will be accused of sexual assault, only the males. A female nominee will instead be accused of using the n word once back in high school, and the far left will quickly hunt down someone willing to say it as soon as a woman is nominated.
If she's white or asian that is. If she's black she will be allowed to use it all she wants.

Using n*gg*r in high school shouldn't be disqualifying. Using it recently can be depending on context. Caught in a road rage incident with a black man, I'd give it a pass. Using it wantonly, against constituents, or something like this would be disqualifying in my eyes.

Also, let's stop calling it the "n-word" like it's this scary word. How very Orwellian. Just say it without fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies