Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 04:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
None of this happened with Gorsuch
could that be because your side was willing to accept one conservative Trump nominated judge but not two? Are you not aware the Dems said, when Kavanaugh was nominated they would do anything they needed to do to keep him from serving on the Supreme court? Well not all Dems, but the leaders of your party did. Had all this come about earlier we may all feel differently, but it is a witch hunt of the worst kind for heaven's sake

You go on to say, he became unhinged: what the heck do you think you would have done under a similar situation? As for partisan, do you think the other 8 on the bench are not? I am surprised he has held up as well as he had. At least he didn't read every single answer he gave. I guess we know one thing for certain, Dr Ford does no how to read. That is almost all she did, was read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2018, 04:57 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
The difference is Kavanaugh was unhinged and brought up the republican talking point of the democrats and Clinton’s conspiracy against him. He was disrespectful and belligerent. Not a great strait for a justice. Listening to him, he sounded like he felt entitled
If someone was throwing baseless accusations my way with the intent of destroying my life, I would be severely pissed off. Someone crawling out of the woodwork making allegations 30 years old coloured by alcohol use, keeping quiet then weaponizing the account to suit your needs? Uh, no, that ship sailed 30 years ago.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
I have to presume there will never be another college Spring Break!

Old 10-01-2018, 05:28 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,389,568 times
I wonder how many of those who have been "falsely accused" have been accused by only the victim themself? Which would be more like a CONFRONTATION.

Versus being accused and reported to the authorities, parents, etc. BIG difference.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,856 times
Quote:
None of this happened with Gorsuch
No, it didn't, but the Dems still didn't vote for him, outside of the usual three. So spare us the faux outrage.

Old 10-01-2018, 05:36 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,883,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Excuse me - 48 hours.

Now let's get honest here. If a woman bought you drink after drink trying to lower your inhibitions so that you would agree to sleep with her would you be upset or happy? Pretty much all the men I know would be delighted to find themselves in such a "predicament."

Are you telling me that you and your male friends would feel violated if a woman plied you with drinks and then slipped between the sheets with you? That you would wake up horrified and wonder if you were pregnant? Or that you would worry that your reputation was shot because all your other pilot friends had been present the night before and were already texting one another on FB about what a **** you are?

Honestly?

I'd really like to know if men would feel violated and worried about their reputations the way women do in that situation. If so, the male of the species is in major trouble. But I'm somehow not too worried about you guys.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, there's really no contest when it comes to a man's strength vs a woman's. We do tend to be the weaker sex physically and that's just how it is. A big guy would have to be almost passed out not to be able to fend off a sober woman. Not so true the other way around.

When I was in college, I lost track of all the men who would approach me in a bar and offer to buy me drink after drink. I might accept one or two if the guy was really cute, but I knew better than to drink anymore than that to avoid possible unpleasantness.

And in all my life, I have only met one man who didn't want to sleep with me if I just started up a flirtation. Not because I'm such a fox but because men have a stronger sex drive and fewer inhibitions.

I can't believe that I'm trying to explain this stuff to someone who is presumably an adult male. Although, if you're really Amelia Earhart, kudos to you.
Can’t take anything you wrote seriously anymore.....this whole post is a complete double standard. You “assume†a lot. A man shouldn’t do what you describe to a woman, and a woman shouldn’t do it to a man. Period!! You’ve lost all credibility for your double standard.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
could that be because your side was willing to accept one conservative Trump nominated judge but not two? Are you not aware the Dems said, when Kavanaugh was nominated they would do anything they needed to do to keep him from serving on the Supreme court? Well not all Dems, but the leaders of your party did. Had all this come about earlier we may all feel differently, but it is a witch hunt of the worst kind for heaven's sake

You go on to say, he became unhinged: what the heck do you think you would have done under a similar situation? As for partisan, do you think the other 8 on the bench are not? I am surprised he has held up as well as he had. At least he didn't read every single answer he gave. I guess we know one thing for certain, Dr Ford does no how to read. That is almost all she did, was read.

Or it could be that Gorsuch didn't have any sexual assault episodes in his past, like Kavanaugh has. And what about those 100,000 pages of documents the Pubs won't release? What are they hiding? What are they afraid of?

Roberts went through w/o a hitch.

Alito went through w/o a hitch.

Thomas didn't, but he also had sexual misconduct in his past.

Maybe tRump should have listened to McConnell's caution on nominating Kavanaugh.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/u...eme-court.html

Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 AM

18,472 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Or it could be that Gorsuch didn't have any sexual assault episodes in his past,:
Kavanaugh doesn't either.....

Old 10-01-2018, 06:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Kavanaugh doesn't either.....
The senate judiciary committee and the FBI need to hear from you.

Keep us updated.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-01-2018, 06:33 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
I've been accused of sexual assault, when I was a kid. I tripped and fell, accidentally touching another person. I got accused of sexual harassment. Thankfully, I was able to explain that I tripped and fell, and there was no intended sexual contact. I have been a victim of sexual assault. No, I wasn't raped. However, I have been groped. This is stuff I never like talking about because as a male, one thing I feared was having my manhood questioned. I've never reported it to the police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies