Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,076,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Excuse me - 48 hours.

Now let's get honest here. If a woman bought you drink after drink trying to lower your inhibitions so that you would agree to sleep with her would you be upset or happy? Pretty much all the men I know would be delighted to find themselves in such a "predicament."

Are you telling me that you and your male friends would feel violated if a woman plied you with drinks and then slipped between the sheets with you? That you would wake up horrified and wonder if you were pregnant? Or that you would worry that your reputation was shot because all your other pilot friends had been present the night before and were already texting one another on FB about what a **** you are?

Honestly?

I'd really like to know if men would feel violated and worried about their reputations the way women do in that situation. If so, the male of the species is in major trouble. But I'm somehow not too worried about you guys.

And as I've mentioned elsewhere, there's really no contest when it comes to a man's strength vs a woman's. We do tend to be the weaker sex physically and that's just how it is. A big guy would have to be almost passed out not to be able to fend off a sober woman. Not so true the other way around.

When I was in college, I lost track of all the men who would approach me in a bar and offer to buy me drink after drink. I might accept one or two if the guy was really cute, but I knew better than to drink anymore than that to avoid possible unpleasantness.

And in all my life, I have only met one man who didn't want to sleep with me if I just started up a flirtation. Not because I'm such a fox but because men have a stronger sex drive and fewer inhibitions.

I can't believe that I'm trying to explain this stuff to someone who is presumably an adult male. Although, if you're really Amelia Earhart, kudos to you.
I'm definitely in the "I believe Ford" camp, but are you even serious?

A lot of men have wives, fiancees, and girlfriends, and don't want to cheat on them. So would feel bad if they were plastered and ended up sleeping with another woman. Even amongst those that are single, men hold various positions on casual sex and many would feel rotten if they got plastered and ended up sleeping with a woman. There's also some small probability that the man is gay too.

In terms of your "flirtation" statement, I doubt whether you've flirted with guys that you knew were off limits. And I have a hard time believing you're even correct about this.

I think you have a very dim view of men. I know that most of the sexual assault and harassment things happen to women, and even a higher percentage of the perpetrators are men. But the attitudes that you have do more harm than good in trying to solve the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
see!!! you got everything documented.....you know the date, the BUILDING(very important) the year ()

you know how you got there and how you returned home.....you got witnesses that can put you 2 in the same building.

take notes MRS FORD.....this is how you keep notes just in case you want to go crying to the U.S. Senate 37 years later for "justice" because you can't fly on planes (allegedly) and want to put 2 front doors in the house.

This is what people do not understand. Our world has changed. Brett Kavanaugh is 53 and was born in 1965, It was in the 1980s when the accusation/s against him took place. Our means of documenting and recording have drastically changed since the 1980s. Almost everybody carries the means to document and record positive and negative events today; their cellphones. The information then goes into a cloud that can save that information possibly forever.

Think of how this could have changed the current investigation had Mrs. Ford simply took one picture of the man she was with the night in question. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't Brett? But we would have had positive ID. It isn't only that; but a frantic call to a friend describing her ordeal would have been saved forever (documentation). It isn't only that but the signals from Brett's phone and Mrs. Ford's phone could place them in the right or wrong place at the time the alleged event took place.

What I am saying is that problems, like this hearing, will be even worse in the future. Currently they do not have these modern 'tools' to review and investigate because of the age of those accused (unless it would be a recent accusation). If you walk into any cafeteria at work or school you can observe many of our young shooting pictures of mundane events like chewing food. Today's young want everything online and that will haunt them in the years to come when they have to face a Senate confirmation hearing.

I was never accused of a sexual assault; but I did loose a right window in my 1955 Chevrolet. I had stopped at a bar back in the 1960's and there was a drunk maid from one of our large hotels sleeping on the bar counter. The bartender asked me if I knew her and if I would take her home. I did know her and she lived in a dorm only about a mile from the bar. So I volunteered. With the bartender's help we loaded her into the front seat of my car and I proceeded to drive her back to her dorm. About halfway back she wakes up, puts her back down on my seat, and proceeds to kick out my side window. She did apologize when she realized what she just did and it only cost me $5 at the local scarp yard for a new (used) window. But many of my 'friends' thought that I was guilty of something far worse than being a good Smartian. I could picture, that with enough incentive, that an incident like this could haunt somebody in Brett's shoes.

Last edited by fisheye; 09-30-2018 at 06:33 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 06:27 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I was not referring to any specific case. Claims of sexual abuse have been a front-and-center story for months now, and actually, no, women who make such claims years later not "always believed," even if they were minors at the time of the alleged event.

because there are far more false accusations of sexual crimes from women than Men....so whenever an alleged sexual crime happens with no evidence or witnesses and is really old then we have to take the allegations with a grain of salt when is she said he said.

sorry, those are the facts....far more false allegations made by women than men by far......it's a lot harder for men to come out and admit they have been raped especially by other man or men or a female family member.

Men get raped in prison all the time and nobody gives a cr@p.....I don't see any movement to stop men rape in prisons...it has been going on forever and nobody cares.

We don't have a rape hotline for men or an abuse hotline for men.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
By that absurd definition just about every living human being on the planet is a sexual assault survivor.

Odd, when I checked the Dept. of Justice website I found quite a different and more reasonable definition:

https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault#sa
: I was sexually assaulted when I was only 10 years old and spent 2 weeks with my, then best friend and her parents at a mountain cabin. I actually watched her dad rape her. So, of course I have a damn good idea what true sexually assault is. And yes, I told my parents when I returned home. I won't go into details about the outcome.

Now, as for the so called sexual assault Dr Ford says she experienced: that, to me, isn't quite the same. It is more what most teen age girls. unless they were totally sheltered or never attended parties may have experienced. Even though her story is a little more emotional. I am sure, as others have said, something did happen to her but not the way she tells it. Very few young girls in their teens have not had a guy come on to them too strongly and they do not end up with severe mental problems because of it. And I doubt many feared for their lives for heavens sake.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:53 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Sexual harassment or sexual assault --- both are unacceptable...and yes different.

I had sexual harassment......groping --etc. In almost every work setting since I started working in offices in 1975 (I've only worked in offices -- summer jobs, etc.).

Old 09-30-2018, 06:53 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
: I was sexually assaulted when I was only 10 years old and spent 2 weeks with my, then best friend and her parents at a mountain cabin. I actually watched her dad rape her. So, of course I have a damn good idea what true sexually assault is. And yes, I told my parents when I returned home. I won't go into details about the outcome.

Now, as for the so called sexual assault Dr Ford says she experienced: that, to me, isn't quite the same. It is more what most teen age girls. unless they were totally sheltered or never attended parties may have experienced. Even though her story is a little more emotional. I am sure, as others have said, something did happen to her but not the way she tells it. Very few young girls in their teens have not had a guy come on to them too strongly and they do not end up with severe mental problems because of it. And I doubt many feared for their lives for heavens sake.
Do you honestly mean to say that most teenage girls have been pushed into a bedroom by two older boys, had the door locked behind them, their mouths covered so they couldn't scream, and had someone attempt to rape them? I'm asking because I saw a group of people on FB talking about it. The men were admitting to doing the same types of things and the women were talking about how it happened to them. They all thought it was no big deal. My assumption was that they had not actually watched the testimony and were just gossiping. Was that assumption wrong, do you really think the allegations come under the heading of normal?

Old 09-30-2018, 07:12 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
I don't know why I am surprised by this, but I can't help but be rather amazed at all the male right wingers who think sexual assault should be reported within 45 minutes of its occurrence, that those who wrongfully report sexual assault should serve jail time as long as any rapist (it's already against the law to commit perjury and/or defamation of character), that a sober woman who sleeps with a drunken man should be convicted of assault (I think such a woman deserves a medal - in case male drunks don't already know this, most sober women find you disgusting when you start staggering around and trying to paw at us). On and on it goes with each thread more ridiculous than the last.

It's to the point where I'm starting to wonder if some males here are in the habit of forcing themselves on unwilling women and are angry that you might one day be called to account. If so, I feel sorry for your wives and girlfriends if you are lucky enough to have them and if you don't have a wife/GF, it's for a damn good reason.

So, I am curious as to whether anyone here has been the victim of sexual assault or has been falsely accused of sexual assault. Did your friends believe you were innocent? Or did the cops believe you if you were the one assaulted? The following poll is completely private and discuss or not as you please.

Note: Let's all try to be at least semi-polite to one another.
Another man hating man bashing openly discriminatory post, and no one cares because bashing on men has become fair game.

Can you imagine the uproar if I were to say that sober men that have sex with drunk women deserve a medal?

OP- the person that needs to be called to account is you. Your post is discriminatory, accusatory, and inflammatory.

Why are these types of post allowed to stand on this forum? Because we all know what happens to posts on this forum that dare to question the other gender- even in a nice way. They get memory holed.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:14 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
because there are far more false accusations of sexual crimes from women than Men....so whenever an alleged sexual crime happens with no evidence or witnesses and is really old then we have to take the allegations with a grain of salt when is she said he said.

sorry, those are the facts....far more false allegations made by women than men by far......it's a lot harder for men to come out and admit they have been raped especially by other man or men or a female family member.

Men get raped in prison all the time and nobody gives a cr@p.....I don't see any movement to stop men rape in prisons...it has been going on forever and nobody cares.

We don't have a rape hotline for men or an abuse hotline for men.
Quoted for truth. I'm in the prison ministry and I can't get anyone to even talk about it, never mind do anything about it.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:32 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
Quoted for truth. I'm in the prison ministry and I can't get anyone to even talk about it, never mind do anything about it.

it a lot tougher for men because society and laws give preference to women.

it's way hard for any man to to admit he was raped by a man or men...because we are outcast by other men as weak or not normal.

women are different, they will get support from other women and men no matter what even if the allegation is hearsay or unproven because the view generally is women are weak in society by nature.....look at how many women came out in public to support Dr. Ford and that was just an alleged possible rape 37 years ago...she wasn't raped anally for hours every day by multiple men like they do to men in prisons.

a man that has been raped in prison many times, nobody gives a cr@p if he says he was rape when he comesout....he is not going to get money $$$$ like Dr. Ford in a go fund me account....no book deals or nothing. ...Oprah will not write about you...no Ellen DeGeneres booking for 1 hour of crying with the women....no visit to the View....nothing.

most think we deserve it for being in prison for whatever crime and should just take it like a man and just shut up, we deserve it.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 09-30-2018 at 07:53 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Nobody thinks that. My suggestion was 48 hours.

And I see that you enjoy double standards....why shouldn't women who have sex with drunk men not be convicted of the same exact thing that men who have sex with drunk women are convicted of?

Honestly, that shouldn't be a thing anyway....Drunk does not mean incapable of giving consent. Unconscious yes. Drunk...no.
Good point. Male sexual assault victims are even more underreported than female, as are male assault victims perpetrated by women overall. The moral of the story is, be nice to each other people. It's not that hard. Or maybe it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies