Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever been falsely accused of sexual assault or been assaulted and no one would believe you?
Yes, I have been falsely accused at some point in my life 13 10.83%
I have never been accused, but sometimes I wonder if I should have been 2 1.67%
I have never been accused, nor have I ever deserved to be 45 37.50%
I have been sexually assaulted and have never told anyone 40 33.33%
I have been sexually assaulted but no one would believe me when I reported it 10 8.33%
I have been sexually assaulted and was believed when I reported it 17 14.17%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:02 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
no is not the same thing........but if I'm going to take down a federal judge who is going to the SC and make a national crisis over it, I better have a lot more than a 37-year-old allegation with no witnesses and no evidence to back up my story.

That's just me.....if I was MRS. Ford's husband I would have protected her a lot better than what the Democrats have done to her, using her as a political football. I would never would have supported her doing this....that's my take.

the judge will probably be confirmed for life and she has to deal with it.....I don't know how this circus is going to help her and destroying both families will do for her.
Agree. X1000.

Anyway, where is he?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2018, 08:35 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Agree. X1000.

Anyway, where is he?

funny, he wasn't with her in D.C. on the biggest day of her life...which I find odd......you had Alyssa Milano, of all people in Hollywood there talking pics and recording things on her cell phone but the hubby wasn't present.

If MRS. FORD was my wife, I would never let the Democrats use her as a political football and I would never support her doing this. Unless Mrs. Ford is doing this for political reasons and her friends are behind it.

I think Ford and her liberals female friends had more of a vote than her husband and got he outvoted. she said she had a meeting at the beach with her liberal female friends to decide what to do.....I don't think her husband was much involved at all in this decision.....I think the Democrat operatives and power lawyers took over and the husband got pushed to the side.

but I will never support my wife of taking down a federal judge who is going to the SC and create a national crisis with a 37-year-old allegation with no evidence and no witnesses. I love my wife and I wouldn't want her going into the grinder like that on national tv and divide the country and destroy 2 families and for what?

I would have protected her a lot better......but time will tell what where her motives and what she got out of it......time always tell.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:44 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
I guess I could check all three of the last boxes with another category that could be added. Was the blame placed on you after you reported an incident.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:47 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Yes, I have been sexually assaulted. No, I have never told anyone.

I have also been sexually harassed numerous times, but then, every woman has, so this is not remarkable. And that's really sad.

Old 09-30-2018, 10:01 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Are you so afraid you will have to stop killing babies to do this to a man? I've got news for you. Nothing is going to change Roe v Wade. You will still be able to do all the baby killing you do now.
I assume your rude post was addressed to me. My OP said nothing about either abortion or Judge K. And I really resent your cynical presumption that those opposed to Kav's confirmation (including me) are taking that stance because we love killing babies - the more the merrier. Equally abhorrent is the easy assumption that I and others opposed to Kav would callously destroy the reputation of a man of integrity so that we could proceed merrily along with infanticide and no other reason.

Mr. Pilot1, this is the CD politics forum - not the Rush Limbaugh show or some other form of hate radio. I presume you take your pro choice stance out of some misplaced sense of your Christian duty. I would very much appreciate it if you would address a fellow Christian (me) without inserting vile accusations as to my motives.

But I'll address your concerns, especially since all these nutty posts by male conservatives are much more about standing by their man on the Court than any genuine fears of being assaulted by a nymphomaniac who wants to have her way with them.

While I am pro choice, I do understand that Trump's election* means that at least two conservative judges will be appointed to SCOTUS even in the unlikely event that Dems win back the Senate in November. If Kav does end up losing the confirmation vote, Trump will just pick the next name on the Federalist Society list, and it will be that of a conservative just as all names on that list are.

I oppose Kav much more for his obvious anger and alcohol problems, his violent partisan rage and the very real possibility that he has sexually assaulted at least one woman.

EOM

Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
it a lot tougher for men because society and laws give preference to women.

it's way hard for any man to to admit he was raped by a man or men...because we are outcast by other men as weak or not normal.

women are different, they will get support from other women and men no matter what even if the allegation is hearsay or unproven because the view generally is women are weak in society by nature.....look at how many women came out in public to support Dr. Ford and that was just an alleged possible rape 37 years ago...she wasn't raped anally for hours every day by multiple men like they do to men in prisons.

a man that has been raped in prison many times, nobody gives a cr@p if he says he was rape when he comesout....he is not going to get money $$$$ like Dr. Ford in a go fund me account....no book deals or nothing. ...Oprah will not write about you...no Ellen DeGeneres booking for 1 hour of crying with the women....no visit to the View....nothing.

most think we deserve it for being in prison for whatever crime and should just take it like a man and just shut up, we deserve it.
I absolutely do not think that men deserve to be raped, in prison or anywhere else. I do not think prisoners should be mistreated or neglected in any way, and for that matter, I don't think many prisoners - those incarcerated for minor drug offenses, for example - should be there at all. It's disgraceful that this is happening in a civilized country.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:03 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
According to the United States Department of Justice, sexual assault is “any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient.†Sexual assault is basically an umbrella term that includes sexual activities such as rape, fondling, and attempted rape.

Needless to say, state laws, tribal law and federal law can vary somewhat in the wording, but for the purpose of this thread, I think most would agree with the definition above.
Going by that definition I have sexually assaulted and have been sexually assaulted countless times.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Do you honestly mean to say that most teenage girls have been pushed into a bedroom by two older boys, had the door locked behind them, their mouths covered so they couldn't scream, and had someone attempt to rape them? I'm asking because I saw a group of people on FB talking about it. The men were admitting to doing the same types of things and the women were talking about how it happened to them. They all thought it was no big deal. My assumption was that they had not actually watched the testimony and were just gossiping. Was that assumption wrong, do you really think the allegations come under the heading of normal?
nope but if you read what I said and open your brain and eyes you would see I said, I do not believe her story exactly as she told it. And where did you get the idea he was going to rape her? Plus she never accused Judge of doing anything. Trying to fondle someone and attempting rape are 2 totally different actions. And as for "older" boys, they were all high school kids, there is very little difference between a 17 year old and a 15 year old. Or maybe you don't remember when you were that age?

Old 09-30-2018, 11:13 AM

1,066 posts, read 629,021 times
Never even hangout with a chic, she claimed we had sex and she was drunk. Not raped, but claimed we did and it really caused issues because my gf and her was friends in school.

talk about bs.

Old 09-30-2018, 11:24 AM

15,842 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
nope but if you read what I said and open your brain and eyes you would see I said, I do not believe her story exactly as she told it. And where did you get the idea he was going to rape her? Plus she never accused Judge of doing anything. Trying to fondle someone and attempting rape are 2 totally different actions. And as for "older" boys, they were all high school kids, there is very little difference between a 17 year old and a 15 year old. Or maybe you don't remember when you were that age?
I was responding to this. The bold specifically:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
: I was sexually assaulted when I was only 10 years old and spent 2 weeks with my, then best friend and her parents at a mountain cabin. I actually watched her dad rape her. So, of course I have a damn good idea what true sexually assault is. And yes, I told my parents when I returned home. I won't go into details about the outcome.

Now, as for the so called sexual assault Dr Ford says she experienced: that, to me, isn't quite the same. It is more what most teen age girls. unless they were totally sheltered or never attended parties may have experienced. Even though her story is a little more emotional. I am sure, as others have said, something did happen to her but not the way she tells it. Very few young girls in their teens have not had a guy come on to them too strongly and they do not end up with severe mental problems because of it. And I doubt many feared for their lives for heavens sake.
Here are my questions again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Do you honestly mean to say that most teenage girls have been pushed into a bedroom by two older boys, had the door locked behind them, their mouths covered so they couldn't scream, and had someone attempt to rape them? I'm asking because I saw a group of people on FB talking about it. The men were admitting to doing the same types of things and the women were talking about how it happened to them. They all thought it was no big deal. My assumption was that they had not actually watched the testimony and were just gossiping. Was that assumption wrong, do you really think the allegations come under the heading of normal?
So your answer is you just don't believe her not that you think the allegations piddly. That is kind of what I was hoping to understand. That was my assumption about the people I saw discussing it. One of the women saying she had experienced those things had her mother pipe up with a "That's right honey". If my daughter had said that she had endured such things I want to make sure she was OK. Maybe that's their way of being OK with it, I don't know. It sure ain't mine. I do however disagree that it is in anyway OK for someone to put their hands on someone else especially in a sexual nature. I don't see fondling someone like that ok. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies