Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:36 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,116,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j746new View Post
the establishment have both parties exactly where they want them and with this arrangement, they can do anything.

The blue team wants to do away with this policy or create a new one.
Red team - not over my dead body.

The red team wants to do away or add this policy.
Blue team - not over my dead body.

Blue team or red team, please jump off a cliff - certainly sir.

The establishment wins.
This X ∞...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You're late to the party. I've posted this clip at least 3 times in various threads over the past two weeks.

Crickets.

Nobody cares about freedom. It's just Team Red vs Team Blue in here.
If you take out the libertarians and woke conservatives on this forum, the collective IQ among the remaining posters averages in the double digits.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Exactly
Because of forum policies, I am really holding back what needs to be done with these people.

Quote:
It is like banging ones head into the wall and nothing will wake them up.

The "Red Team" and the "Blue Team" are exactly responsible for the condition this country is in.
Government schools. That is all.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
I am against open borders as well, and yet the cheap labor express still dominates Washington DC which is the SWAMP.

Not a dam thing has changed in that regard.

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/

Trump like Obama have done nothing about this:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/201...filling-it-up/
Drain the swamp? Lobbyists are filling it up

President Donald Trump promised to drain the swamp. Instead, it’s filling up.

For the first time since 2007, the number of registered lobbyists along with federal lobbying spending each went up, reversing annual declines that began a decade ago.

In all, $3.37 billion was spent on federal lobbying last year, up 7 percent from $3.15 billion in 2016. The increase comes after declines in spending five of the previous six years, rising less than 1 percent the other year.

The 7-percent gain is the largest year-to-year bump since former President George W. Bush’s final year in office in 2008. A crackdown on lobbyists by the Obama administration curtailed years of free spending, which rose from $1.6 billion in 2000 to a record $3.5 billion in 2010.
I'm not sure much can be done about the swamp. It's so entrenched and powerful now.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:45 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,866,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Governments around the world killed over 200 million people during the 20th century alone. Government by its very nature is evil.
I'm not going to dispute that government can be dangerous. It depends on the structure of the government and most of all the people running it (why I don't want leftist anywhere near government). "If men were angels, we'd have a perfect government, but would need no government" or something like that.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:54 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Governments around the world killed over 200 million people during the 20th century alone. Government by its very nature is evil.
I do not completely follow the libertarian philosophy in regards to open borders, but we agree on more things than we disagree on. Both "Blue Teams" and "Red Teams" and their chosen puppet politicians have done more damage to this country than if we had no government at all.

Old 10-06-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I'm not going to dispute that government can be dangerous. It depends on the structure of the government and most of all the people running it (why I don't want leftist anywhere near government). "If men were angels, we'd have a perfect government, but would need no government" or something like that.
The "structure" of the government matters not one bit. It is a group of people who operate under the ASSumption they can rule over others.

"People are inherently bad. Thus, the only way to maintain civilization is to put people under control of other people, who are inherently bad."

Old 10-06-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
I do not completely follow the libertarian philosophy in regards to open borders, but we agree on more things than we disagree on. Both "Blue Teams" and "Red Teams" and their chosen puppet politicians have done more damage to this country than if we had no government at all.
I'm not for "open borders." I'm against the State's arbitrarily drawn borders.

The only borders that matter are property borders.

Old 10-06-2018, 07:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7qzH4ob3Y

I believe he is not guilty of any of these sexual assault charges. The Democrats slandering him with these allegations are despicable.

But the fact he helped get The Patriot Act passed does give me pause in my support for him.

"The documents show that Kavanaugh assisted in the effort to pass the Patriot Act and drafted a statement that President Bush incorporated in the bill signing. Kavanaugh wrote that the PATRIOT Act will “update laws authorizing government surveillance,” which he claimed, and President Bush then restated, were from an era of “rotary phones.” In fact, the PATRIOT Act weakened numerous U.S. privacy laws"
[link to epic.org (secure)]

I know you can say he was just doing his job, but in this action he helped to erode some of the protections afforded by the constitution. He does as you put it "play ball".
Kavanaugh is a GOP shill----cultivated by people in the Federalist Society and Yale.
He is a tool that will do anything the GOP hierarchy wants him to
If his judicial decisions mimic Merrick Garland's as closely as Susan Collins said they did (like 97 or 98%) then why was Garland set on the shelf for 10 months by McConnell--

Because Trump wanted Kavanaugh for his stances against subpoenaing the President and the evangelicals wanted him to tear down Roe V Wade--
He may not erase it but it will be so diluted as to be only available for women who can afford to travel long distances to more liberal/supportive states...

Old 10-06-2018, 07:18 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Kavanaugh is a GOP shill----cultivated by people in the Federalist Society and Yale.
He is a tool that will do anything the GOP hierarchy wants him to
If his judicial decisions mimic Merrick Garland's as closely as Susan Collins said they did (like 97 or 98%) then why was Garland set on the shelf for 10 months by McConnell--

Because Trump wanted Kavanaugh for his stances against subpoenaing the President and the evangelicals wanted him to tear down Roe V Wade--
He may not erase it but it will be so diluted as to be only available for women who can afford to travel long distances to more liberal/supportive states...
Ahh well. I hope those red states have plenty of money to pay for all those extra kids on their welfare rolls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies