Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 05:47 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,933,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Are you randomly grouping people who believe in the 1st amendment as supporters of a radio show host?
That POV is so partisan, it is the cause of division politics.
Well, Rush owes his high ratings to someone, and it sure as hell isn't the left.

Quote:
And "hate speech" is a B.S. concept.
Tell that to the OP. I didn't start this thread. I merely replied to it.

Quote:
Yep, that fits right in with China's censorship, Spanish inquisition, Nazi Germany, USSR, etc.
If you wish to debate me, at least read my comments in this thread. He Who Must Not Be Named AKA RUSH LIMBAUGH advocates a form of censorship as extreme as that imposed by any crazed dictator. STEVE BANNON is hardly worried about keeping his identity secret, and ALEX JONES loves the notoriety because it means that many more people clicking on the links to InfoWars.

Why do you want to redact the names of these far right media whores as if these people don't exist? You can ***** their names all you want, but they still exist and so do their many fans on the extreme right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 06:00 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,572,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I see that you missed the entire point of the OP.

Democratic Leftists are scary hateful. That's the fact.. That's where the "hate" comes from.

Democrats calling for violence when things don't quite work out for them is an example.

Old 10-07-2018, 06:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,527,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
wow. quite a libertarian you are.
Not even close.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:08 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, Rush owes his high ratings to someone, and it sure as hell isn't the left.
So... yes, you were randomly applying your own assumed partisan characteristics to people that espoused a belief in the 1st amendment. That's a broad brush.

Quote:
If you wish to debate me, at least read my comments in this thread. He Who Must Not Be Named AKA RUSH LIMBAUGH advocates a form of censorship as extreme as that imposed by any crazed dictator. STEVE BANNON is hardly worried about keeping his identity secret, and ALEX JONES loves the notoriety because it means that many more people clicking on the links to InfoWars.

Why do you want to redact the names of these far right media whores as if these people don't exist? You can ***** their names all you want, but they still exist and so do their many fans on the extreme right.
"Wish to debate" you...?; Hilarious.
I don't give two bits about rush.

If you are too simple to understand the redaction was done to shine a light on how your statement is a literal attack on the first amendment, freedom, and the foundation of our country, then that makes your "wish to debate " statement even more ridiculous.

Quote:
Well, if **** ******** and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start.
If you cannot see what is wrong with this statement then you have no idea what the United States is meant to be.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:11 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,604,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Not even close.
It seems that was the point of the comment.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:44 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
i want to believe that the hate that coming from the liberal side is just the inexperience on has had with life, mainly the college age crowd, being brainwash by college professors that cannot be fired. I understand and agree that education should be on the liberal side. Still some conservative values would round out the student.

I want to blame the liberal violence on the post education system, they just dont know what its like to work every day just yet. like they say, liberal at twenty, conservative at forty

Old 10-08-2018, 05:10 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
Hat speech is a hat crime.

Trump started it.

Old 10-08-2018, 05:22 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,084,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Coming back? Not as long as the orange buffoon is in the WH and is calling Democrats angry mobs, sick, dangerous, and hundreds of other offensive names. That jerk is not just referring to congress--he's referring to me, my family, my friends--and we are sick of his deranged attacks. He's a lying POS and offends me like no other authoritarian autocrat around.

Everytime he insults Obama, lies about Obama, accuses Obama of breaking the law, blames Obama or claims he is better than any other president I physically want to throw up. He's grotesque.

So as long as the gasbag is in the oval office, Orwell is alive and well.

i saw a bumper sticker today that said: Make Orwell Fiction Again.

You do know that 1984 was a cautionary tale warning against what is largely Left wing ideology, political correctness...... taken to its eventual extreme?

I love it when the Left pretends that there's no such thing as Liberal, Progressive authoritarianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies