Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 12:09 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times

Advertisements

"Hate"

It's a strong word.

Or at least it used to be.

Seems like it gets thrown around pretty fast and loose these days.....to the point where it's kind of lost it's meaning.

"Hate crimes"

"Hate speech"

"Don't hate"

Etc, etc.

The concept has been weaponized as a political tool.

Here's a clue:

Just because I disagree with your politics, doesn't mean that I hate you.

Just because I disagree with weak immigration policies, sanctuary cities, etc doesn't mean that I hate Hispanics.

The hyperbole has been overblown and over used .

America isn't buying your charges of racism, sexism, misogyny, etc anymore.

Is there any chance of coming back from this sea of perpetual nonsense?

Or are we doomed to an Orwellian future?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 12:25 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,942,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Hate"

It's a strong word.

Or at least it used to be.

Seems like it gets thrown around pretty fast and loose these days.....to the point where it's kind of lost it's meaning.

"Hate crimes"

"Hate speech"

"Don't hate"

Etc, etc.

The concept has been weaponized as a political tool.

Here's a clue:

Just because I disagree with your politics, doesn't mean that I hate you.

Just because I disagree with weak immigration policies, sanctuary cities, etc doesn't mean that I hate Hispanics.

The hyperbole has been overblown and over used .

America isn't buying your charges of racism, sexism, misogyny, etc anymore.

Is there any chance of coming back from this sea of perpetual nonsense?

Or are we doomed to an Orwellian future?
Well, if Rush Limbaugh and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start. And to all you folks who simply adore InfoWars and Breitbart, you should keep in mind that hate begets hate.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:30 PM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, if Rush Limbaugh and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start. And to all you folks who simply adore InfoWars and Breitbart, you should keep in mind that hate begets hate.

How about quoting us some examples of what you consider to be actual, real "hate" from those sources?

Have the hyperbole and get down to specifics.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:42 PM

27,660 posts, read 16,151,349 times
Quote:
Am radio? Seriously?

Old 10-06-2018, 12:55 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
I see that you missed the entire point of the OP.

Old 10-06-2018, 12:57 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,168,148 times
I don't let words like that distract me because that is their purpose.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:27 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
It is true that Hate has lost a bit of its meaning and we can add the word "WAR" to that.

How many times have we heard there is a war on this or that only to find out the results are not that bad?

The media uses these words to spread their fear and to shock people into tuning in and listening.

They shout at us that there is a trade war looming? How about saying there is a restructuring of trade agreements to create a fair and equitable exchange for both parties?

It doesn't sound near as alarming and for a business that makes money on peddling fear and insecurity it is useless.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:32 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,345,484 times
Quote:
Well, if Rush Limbaugh and his ilk were banned from the airwaves that would be a start(?). And to all you folks who simply adore InfoWars and Breitbart, you should keep in mind that hate begets hate.
Thank You! … Thank You! … Thank You!!!!!

For demonstrating the authoritarian/Fascist mindset that lies behind all of faux "liberalism", and the SJW "mentality".

Posts such as the one below notwithstanding, It is not Limbaugh, or Hannity, or Ingraham who seek power in order to silence their opposition.

And the occasional excesses of InfoWars (Breitbart isn't in that league) are a drop in the bucket compared to the National Tantrum in the streets, and the Senate hearings which we've endured for the past two weeks.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 10-06-2018 at 01:54 PM..

Old 10-06-2018, 01:38 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,699,635 times
Ban CNN & MSNBC for fan the flames of hatred. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week they spew vile hate filled speech.

Old 10-06-2018, 01:58 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,820,981 times
Sounds to me like a case if "we don't hate you, we just want to take away your rights and make sure you know your place and stay there. You should be thankful that we don't stone you like the Muslims do."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies