Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 10:55 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If mattress girl's story is true she was a victim of an aggressive sexual assault. She did her mattress art thing to bring attention to it.

Ansari was just a bad date.
Mattress girl tried to retroactively remove consent and then used her mattress art thing to harass and intimidate a fellow student leading to a rights violation the school had to settle out of court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 10:56 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The MGTOW are not attractive to most women anyway (which is the real reason for the movement to begin with.) So let them go ahead and go their own way. They won't be missed.
You have MGTOW confused with incels. They have as much in common as Trump and a healthy diet.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:58 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
LOL. I think maybe Mom learned that social media has its downside. If she's not adult enough to take criticism for her own words, then she's not adult enough to use Twitter. Cry me a river.
It's nice to see people rise above their raising. I have a few FB friends who post rapey things and I always wonder what their kids think. I freaked out on my mom once when she stated a 14 year old seduced her much older uncle.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
You have MGTOW confused with incels. They have as much in common as Trump and a healthy diet.
What is MGTOW about then?

Old 10-09-2018, 11:01 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's actually pretty normal in fundamentalist/evangelical circles.
Maybe so (though I can't say that I've heard of it), but the subject of the meme stated that he does go on solo dates. Idk if his mom thinks he has a chaperone or what.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:04 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Some people don't want to give up their privilege.
Yeah, privileges like innocent until proven guilty.

#metoo is long overdue but it's also a powerful and potentially abusive weapon.

But hey, don't take my word for it, go take a look at the innocence project. In fact, minorities are most disproportionately impacted by false charges and wrongful imprisonment so we need to make sure that we respect #metoo but don't let it trample hard fought civil rights.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b0876edaa10e9f

Nice, the chain reaction is starting
Did you read the entire thing you posted?

Another mom posted on FB. Nuff said.

Her other son, the subject’s brother, made clear, his brother goes on solo dates and respects the Metoo cause. Mommy subsequently deletes her FB post.

Twitter folk have a lot of fun with the topic.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:08 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,722,162 times
Quote:
The MGTOW are not attractive to most women anyway (which is the real reason for the movement to begin with.) So let them go ahead and go their own way. They won't be missed.
Of course you would give off that snarky attitude and give such a reply

I can tell how upset you are that women are not gonna be prioritized in the dating pool the next 25-30 years, that is ok. Everything must change...

Old 10-09-2018, 11:09 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,123,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What is MGTOW about then?
A great number of them are men who were raped by the courts in divorce proceedings, along with guys who were physically and emotionally abused by their wives/girlfriends. They're not incels, as they can still get women; most of them just choose not to go down that path anymore. With the infestation of feminism and white knight soyboys, who can blame them, really?

I'm not MGTOW, but my best friend is; his ex-wife was cheating on him with multiple men, and even though she was the one who was at fault, the court still gave her the house and full custody of the kids. He was pretty much left with nothing. He's much better now 5 years down the road, but he has sworn off ever getting involved with a woman again. The funny thing is, though--he gets laid more often now than he ever did while he was married; he swears by Tinder, POF, and Bumble.

Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yeah, privileges like innocent until proven guilty.

#metoo is long overdue but it's also a powerful and potentially abusive weapon.

But hey, don't take my word for it, go take a look at the innocence project. In fact, minorities are most disproportionately impacted by false charges and wrongful imprisonment so we need to make sure that we respect #metoo but don't let it trample hard fought civil rights.
I wish this whole innocent until proven guilty thing applied to the accusers as well. "She's lying" "She's a ****" "She's crazy" "She has an ulterior motive".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies