Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:43 PM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Erdogen isn't lying about this, it's painfully obvious.

What I care more about is why this 1 man is worth more than the thousands killed by Saudi armed terrorist in Syria, or their attacks on Yemen, or even Lebanon in just the past year (!!)

Why is his life worth more than theirs? It seems the DC establishment only cares because they knew Khashoggi and that makes it awkward for them.
Maybe they are afraid he might have some sort of dead man's switch, where if he dies, information he knew will be released to the public, and maybe DC is afraid he has information on them with proof of the blood they have on their hands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Not sure if this was posted yet (not gonna read all 22 pages).

But the suspect named by Turkish authorities has been clearly seen traveling with the crown prince on many occasions. If Trump continues this rouge killers nonsense he's going to look like a payed for stooge of the Saudi propaganda outfit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/16/w...di-prince.html
But I thought the democrats were saying he was in bed with Putin? So which is it, or is this another one of them things, throwing anything at the wall to see if it will stick.

Anyways, all of our Presidents have been very democratic with the Saudis since they started to become rich off of their oil. I don't like how things are going, but life is more complex and complicated than people realize. There is more peace to be had by making sure your friends are close and your enemies are closer. Can the US really risk the Saudis, China and Russia joining a pack and hitting us head on with all they got? It would be WW3 if we don't first try peace.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:54 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,907,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But I thought the democrats were saying he was in bed with Putin? So which is it, or is this another one of them things, throwing anything at the wall to see if it will stick.

Anyways, all of our Presidents have been very democratic with the Saudis since they started to become rich off of their oil. I don't like how things are going, but life is more complex and complicated than people realize. There is more peace to be had by making sure your friends are close and your enemies are closer. Can the US really risk the Saudis, China and Russia joining a pack and hitting us head on with all they got? It would be WW3 if we don't first try peace.
It appears that you misused the term "democratic" above. Maybe substitute "friendly", or "close". Whatever American presidents' relationships with the Saudis have been, I would never term it "democratic", with either a small or large "d".

Old 10-16-2018, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
It appears that you misused the term "democratic" above. Maybe substitute "friendly", or "close". Whatever American presidents' relationships with the Saudis have been, I would never term it "democratic", with either a small or large "d".
Well, UN seems to think kindly of them. They even gave Saudi Arabia control of the human rights council on their board.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
After he was tortured, he was probably given a drug to induce the heart attack.

link

There may yet be a release of the audio tape forthcoming.

This whole thing with the US, UK, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others is reminiscent of Goodfellas. Another one of the boys gets whacked after they promise he'll become a made man...

Old 10-16-2018, 11:07 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,343,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

Ménage à trois?

Seriously though, why does it have to be one or the other? Are folks on the Right so simplistic that they can't understand the concept that more than one thing can be true?

The fact is Trumps' decisions on these issues seem to be tied up with the question of how much money Trump personally can make from these relationships. That's the problem with having a wealthy businessman as President. You never can tell if he's making decisions based on what is best for the country vs what is best for his personal bottom line. Trump seems to be more focused on his personal financial gain rather than what is either best for America or what is even right.

Ken

Old 10-16-2018, 11:14 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Do you mean "no repercussions"?

Our government flew many prominent Saudis who were in this country, including members of the Bin Ladin family as well as the Saudi royal family, out of the United States back to Saudi Arabia on Thursday, September 13, 2001. It was done at the order of then-President George W. Bush. I am sure most of the people who were flown out were innocents - but wonder just how thoroughly they were checked, given what happened 48 hours previously.

They flew from my hometown airport, in the midst of the fabled thoroughbred horse farms of the Bluegrass - many of them owned by Saudis and other Arabs who play active roles in the horse business and are well-known and generally respected, extremely wealthy breeders of extremely valuable horses. Others had hastily converged on Kentucky, on presidential orders, many of them driving long distances to get here and get out.

I drove out of town to Atlanta that day on a previous planned trip, and learned of the Saudi evacuation later - not implying I could have stopped it, but that I had no knowledge of it until the story broke in local talk well before it hit the press officially.

That's the bare bones of the story - but there has to be more. Why not offer them protection within this country until all could be checked? Why the haste to get them out? Was it truly for the protection of the innocent or to keep mouths conveniently shut?
I meant “no” repercussions. It seems that of all the things that divide people on this board and in general almost all non-politicians and ultra-elitist think the Saudis have a lot to answer for. I wonder what would happen if all 348 million of us went down to the Saudi consulate in Manhattan and demanded answers to the questions that our government has refused to ask for over a decade.

Old 10-16-2018, 11:33 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
If he's not an American, we should butt out.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:53 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
After he was tortured, he was probably given a drug to induce the heart attack.

link

There may yet be a release of the audio tape forthcoming.

This whole thing with the US, UK, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and others is reminiscent of Goodfellas. Another one of the boys gets whacked after they promise he'll become a made man...
Or the Godfather.
Killing and Murder
"Its just Business"

When the Godfather came out, we looked at it as evil while surrounded by propanda that we support justice, freedom and democracy here and fight for it around the world. It was all lies.

Old 10-17-2018, 04:58 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I meant “no” repercussions. It seems that of all the things that divide people on this board and in general almost all non-politicians and ultra-elitist think the Saudis have a lot to answer for. I wonder what would happen if all 348 million of us went down to the Saudi consulate in Manhattan and demanded answers to the questions that our government has refused to ask for over a decade.
If freedom and justice loving people descended on the Saudi Consolate looking for answers, the Saudis would cry foul to our government and the government would kill them all.

It would prove who the govt works for and it is not the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies