Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 11:47 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrj View Post
Obama had a personal conflict with Iran ($600M dropped) and Israel.
You really think we've had a recent President w/o a personal bias financially or religiously towards a country?
Some people really need to get a life and stop being influenced & dominated by the media or their political party.
FWIW, I am independent since Dems lost their minds and Repubs are always about business first.
No, Obama had no personal conflicts with Iran or Israel and it's absurd to try to claim he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 11:50 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,277,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Invalid straw man, no one has suggested war is the appropriate response.
and what is the "appropriate" response? This is 1 person who is not even an American and all the allegations are coming from Turkey who shouldn't be trusted either and have lots to gain here in their Saudi/Turkey rivalry.

So tell us what do you want Trump to do?

Old 10-17-2018, 11:51 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I can't even stomach the details, but that Trump still touts "if" the evidence exists is appalling. The only reason he is even entertaining the thought now is because of all the public outcry. To someone as amoral as Trump, something like the torture and murder of this man means nothing.
You are right of course, but it shows how thin the veneer of civilization really is, even in the most prosperous and most democratic nation on earth. All it takes is egomaniacal populist like Trump to undermine our values and appeal to our animal instincts. Remember, 40% of the country still approves of this man and what he stands for.

We enjoyed our golden era here in the USA, I'd like to be more optimistic but IMO that is over. We are heading for some dark days ahead.

Old 10-17-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You are right of course, but it shows how thin the veneer of civilization really is, even in the most prosperous and most democratic nation on earth. All it takes is someone like Trump to undermine our values and appeal to our base instincts. Remember, 40% of the country still approves of this man and what he stands for.

We enjoyed our golden era here in the USA, I'd like to be more optimistic but IMO that era is over. We are heading for some dark days ahead.

^^^^^ more hysteria from the left. What American "values" is Trump undermining that never happened before Trump? I voted for Trump and support him. Tell me what values I'm undermining? what a joke!

Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,448,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It seems as if the anti-Trump people won't be happy until we are involved in yet another war in the Middle East.

So when liberals oppose something another country does, it automatically means they want war? Seriously? Is this the talking point that Fox News comes up with, that liberals are warmongers?

Another thing to note: Turkey itself is definitely not opposed to murdering journalists either, it just happens that they caught Saudi Arabia doing it. Being that most large countries in the Middle East are enemies of each other jockeying for advantages, Turkey publicly revealed it to hurt the Saudis.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:04 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and do what exactly? this is NOT our problem and I don't trust Turkey's sources, they have a lot to gain here. So you want Trump to do what exactly because of 1 person that is not even an American?

You want to cut ties with Saudi on the allegations of Turkey (which they hate Saudi) and push the Saudis into the Russian's and Chineses arms so you can blame Trump for that also?
Yeah, I don't trust either one of them. We hate the Saudi's, but Turkey has been super turdy lately. I'm all for stepping back and waiting, maybe they will kill each other.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post

Another thing to note: Turkey itself is definitely not opposed to murdering journalists either, it just happens that they caught Saudi Arabia doing it. Being that most large countries in the Middle East are enemies of each other jockeying for advantages, Turkey publicly revealed it to hurt the Saudis.

So it's not our problem. Journalists get beat up, jailed, killed, kidnapped in that part of the world. It happens all the time including Turkey. I don't trust anything coming out of Saudi or Turkey.

who benefits if the U.S.A boycotts Saudi or cut ties with them? Turkey and other countries.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:08 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,933,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
^^^^^ more hysteria from the left. What American "values" is Trump undermining that never happened before Trump? I voted for Trump and support him. Tell me what values I'm undermining? what a joke!
I am certain that your values and Trump's values coincide very well. You make that clear. There are a few dozen Trump supporters here on C-D that demonstrate that commonality each and every day in their highly emotional tirades. At least for today, we are all free to choose whatever value system works for us, and to engage in any legal behavior or speech we wish.

Likewise, the 60% that don't support Trump are free to choose our values and norms. We reject Trump on every single level, not only as an ineffective President, but as a vile and despicable human being with little or no saving grace.

This fundamental disagreement isn't complicated. It's crystal clear.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
My 2 cents:

Just this year, Ukraine faked the murder of a journalist... it's best not to rush in half-cocked in these situations.

Old 10-17-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I am certain that your values and Trump's values coincide very well. You make that clear. There are a few dozen Trump supporters here on C-D that demonstrate that commonality each and every day in their highly emotional tirades. At least for today, we are all free to choose whatever value system works for us, and to engage in any legal behavior or speech we wish.

Likewise, the 60% that don't support Trump are free to choose our values and norms. We reject Trump on every single level, not only as an ineffective President but as a vile and despicable human being with little or no saving grace.

This fundamental disagreement isn't complicated. It's crystal clear.

I personally could give a rat's a$$ what you think about the Americans who voted for Trump or me. The other "60%" including yourself can go support the party of Ted Kennedy, the Clintons, the mob party of the extremist left and feel morally superior. If that makes you sleep better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies