Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 05:01 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If he's not an American, we should butt out.
We should butt out with our 150 bases around the world as well then if other coutries workings is not our business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 05:23 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,339,875 times
To trump, the Saudis are as innocent as Brett kavanaugh

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/1664413002/

We really have the most amoral jackass in office in modern times....

Old 10-17-2018, 06:13 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,420,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But I thought the democrats were saying he was in bed with Putin? So which is it, or is this another one of them things, throwing anything at the wall to see if it will stick.

Anyways, all of our Presidents have been very democratic with the Saudis since they started to become rich off of their oil. I don't like how things are going, but life is more complex and complicated than people realize. There is more peace to be had by making sure your friends are close and your enemies are closer. Can the US really risk the Saudis, China and Russia joining a pack and hitting us head on with all they got? It would be WW3 if we don't first try peace.
He's in bed with all dictators cause he likes them and wants to be one himself. You haven't noticed this yet?

Old 10-17-2018, 07:07 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
tRump's cowardly kowtowing to thugs like Kim and Putin has emboldened 2nd rate tyrants like MBS to commit brazen atrocities like the murder of Khashoggi.

Putin launches a cyberattack on us and tRump folds.

Putin tries to murder Russians in Britain and tRump goes belly up.

Kim continues to advance NK's nuclear weapons program; tRump: "I trust him."

tRump is a capon, not a rooster.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:12 AM

45,238 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump's cowardly kowtowing to thugs like Kim and Putin has emboldened 2nd rate tyrants like MBS to commit brazen atrocities like the murder of Khashoggi.

Putin launches a cyberattack on us and tRump folds.

Putin tries to murder Russians in Britain and tRump goes belly up.

Kim continues to advance NK's nuclear weapons program; tRump: "I trust him."

tRump is a capon, not a rooster.

Its not the job of any US president to discipline other thugs for doing the same things they themselves do. America needs to mind its own business.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its not the job of any US president to discipline other thugs for doing the same things they themselves do. America needs to mind its own business.
Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:16 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,534 times
I clicked this just to see how OP would inject Trump into it. I was not disappointed.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:23 AM

Talking "inject tRump into it" you cry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
I clicked this just to see how OP would inject Trump into it. I was not disappointed.
tRump has been active in helping the Saudis spew lies to cover their tracks.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/trump-of...zed-zone-syria

Carry on.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
The thing is if Trump had criticized Saudi Arabia, the liberal media and the Democrats would be criticizing him for being racist against a Muslim nation, like they did when he tried the travel ban from a number of terrorist nations that were Muslim.

There's absolutely nothing Trump can do to placate the liberal media and the Democrats.
Is that all Trump plans to do, a watered-down criticism of "Saudi Arabia?" Then after, business as usual with the crowned murdering prince there.

Old 10-17-2018, 07:42 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Rumors floating around that MBS is either being imprisoned or could be dead because he hasn't been seen in over 4 months, and he's one of those guys who loves the camera and attention. I do not know how true this is, but people have been saying he's been a supporter for many human rights, especially for women, and it's got the traditionalists over there angry.
Secretary of State Pompeo met with MBS yesterday in Riyadh for a friendly little chat and photo op. Pompeo reportedly told MBS not to worry, that the Trump administration had the Saudi's back and considered the brutal torture, dismemberment, and murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi a trivial matter. So MBS is alive and well and looking forward to a long financially and mutually beneficial relationship with the Trump administration. Business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies