Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 09:49 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Lets face facts, the Saudis will never face consequences.
I agree with you here. I mean, they could come right out and say, “Yeah, he spoke out against us so we tortured and killed him.” Still, nothing would happen to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 09:50 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,923,570 times
Why are people so accepting that we have a President who appears to love depots and dictators, and who in this case is setting the stage to help the Saudi's lie through their teeth about the state sanctioned murder of journalist Khashoggi? This is the really baffling part. Not that Trump is secretly applauding their actions, that is no shock or surpise.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Well there you have it. You hate Trump and so he is the entire problem and the solution is to dump Trump. Well what was Obama's excuse?
Obama would be instituting sanctions. He had no love for the Saudis.

And just to set the record straight, the victim was a permanent resident of the US, resided here and worked for a US company. His 'native country' as you keep referring to it is Saudi Arabia. They are the ones who killed and tortured him--got that? So his 'native country' - the perpetrator - is not going to do anything about it other than lie.

Trump, Jared and Jr. are all tied to MBS and Saudi Arabia financially. He has a MAJOR conflict of interest.

But, it does not matter, because this time the Congress will override Trump and do something. If Trump continues to try to protect and provide cover for the alleged murderer MBS, he's going to look like a mercenary traitor.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:53 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,923,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

And just to set the record straight, the victim was a permanent resident of the US, resided here and worked for a US company. His 'native country' as you keep referring to it is Saudi Arabia. They are the ones who killed and tortured him--got that? So his 'native country' - the perpetrator - is not going to do anything about it other than lie.

Trump, Jared and Jr. are all tied to MBS and Saudi Arabia financially. He has a MAJOR conflict of interest.

But, it does not matter, because this time the Congress will override Trump and do something. If Trump continues to try to protect and provide cover for the alleged murderer MBS, he's going to look like a mercenary traitor.
You my friend are a dreamer. I hope I am wrong, but I think that Congress will do whatever Trump tells them to do. They are terrified of him. Cowards.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:56 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,882,429 times
Saudi Arabia is just like Russia as far as Trump is concerned. Both authoritarian states that quell dissent and murder any opposition. Our President always put his business interests ahead of the nation as a whole. The United States used to champion democracy and freedom abroad but not anymore. What’s good for Trump’s wallet is good for America.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

"If IT WALKS LIKE A DUCK,AND QUACKS LIKE A DUCK"

Old 10-17-2018, 10:00 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
You my friend are a dreamer. I hope I am wrong, but I think that Congress will do whatever Trump tells them to do. They are terrified of him. Cowards.
On the other hand, resistance to oppressive regimes that deserve sanctions are the one thing they have stood up to him on so far, when they overwhelmingly passed the additional Russia sanctions bill forcing him to sign.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:00 AM

2,281 posts, read 1,581,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are confusing a personal conflict of financial interest with an international deal between countries.
Not confused. But nice try.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:01 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,409,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Saudi Arabia is just like Russia as far as Trump is concerned. Both authoritarian states that quell dissent and murder any opposition. Our President always put his business interests ahead of the nation as a whole. The United States used to champion democracy and freedom abroad but not anymore. What’s good for Trump’s wallet is good for America.
Futhermore he's made it clear that he would love to be dictator for life here if that was an option.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
I would be on the same page as you, but I did see a very angry Rubio and Graham all over the news about it. They responded swiftly and loudly. I think they will stand up to Trump on this if MBS is guilty. They must have a ton of repressed anger at Trump after all that ass kissing they have to do for the party and perhaps will be unleashed. Or maybe you are right, and they'll act like the cowards they've been for the last two years.

If they back down, they will not only look weak and ineffective. They will lose a lot of credibility.

https://www.businessinsider.com/marc...sponse-2018-10

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...a-over-missing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies