Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 10:46 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is absolutely much ado about nothing. She buzzed herself in, he tried to push past her without buzzing himself in.

You can see her say several times, the keypad is right here as she attempts to close the door behind her. He states that he doesn't have to show her anything, and he's keeping her from closing the door behind herself.

I'm sure the residents are warned numerous times not to allow tailgaters.
But she doesn't call the police until after he uses his key to go into his apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 10:47 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Meh, I would have shoved past her and completely ignored her, like I do most women.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:47 AM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Do we have the video from the door cameras, so we can see everything that happened, and why she felt "uncomfortable" about letting him enter?? No. All we have is victim boy's cell phone video.
The story is in the video. She was going out to walk her dog and he was coming in. She said he did not use the keypad and first he said he did and then he said it didn't matter and that he lived there. She said to use the keypad and he refused. Then it turned silly but it all could have been avoided if he put in his code.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:48 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Which is pretty damning of her trying to be the female equivalent of Barney fife. But I was specifically responding to why she was fired from her realtor job. They saw enough on that video to make the call. And it was their call to make.

Mob injustice is okay, if her employer joins in? She may well have a great lawsuit to charge her employer with.

All those unanswered questions, and the mob does not care to hear the answers, because "she's a white racist" drowned everything else out.

Why did she confront him for tailgating - because she's a racist!

Why did she even care about apartment security at all - because she's a racist!

Why did she insist he code in before proceeding into the apartment - because she's a racist!

Why did she ask for ID to prove he lived in the building - because she's a racist!

Why did she follow him down the halls and into the elevator - because she's a racist!

Why did she call the police after he went into an apartment - because she's a racist!

Off to the lynching tree for her.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:49 AM

19,640 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Meh, I would have shoved past her and completely ignored her, like I do most women.
Have fun staying out of prison. You know you can't assault women right? Even if they are blocking your way.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,166,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Officer! Officer! I saw a black man use his key to enter his own apartment! He makes me uncomfortable! Do something!

I seriously believe she was hoping the cops who showed up would be white and would agree with her that this black man doesn't belong in "her" building, and maybe take him out in handcuffs for having the audacity of believing he should be allowed to live there. Or that they would simply break down the door and shoot him.

Seriously, what other outcomes could she have been hoping for by calling the police after he used his key to enter his own apartment?
At the point where she called the cops I could easily believe it was in spite. To "get him in trouble" for defying her. After all, if she didn't believe that he belonged in "her building" it's not much of a jump that she would believe that he had something to fear from an encounter with the cops. That is the only thing I can get from her actions AFTER she (a) saw his entry fob at the time she was blocking the door - a fob that likely looked just like hers and (b) watched him key into his own apartment. Any other explanation would require a level of stupidity beyond what even she showed in the video.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:50 AM

1,413 posts, read 1,292,413 times
I don't know how anyone who has watched the video can defend this woman, she is very clearly in the wrong. I'm impressed with how calm the man is able to keep himself.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Have fun staying out of prison. You know you can't assault women right? Even if they are blocking your way.
I would have walked through and not lay a hand on her. Not assault.

But in my case I would have used the stairs and not the elevator. Lardo would have had issues keeping up.

Old 10-16-2018, 10:52 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The story is in the video. She was going out to walk her dog and he was coming in. She said he did not use the keypad and first he said he did and then he said it didn't matter and that he lived there. She said to use the keypad and he refused. Then it turned silly but it all could have been avoided if he put in his code.

I'd like to see the apartment door video.

If all she did was make the false assumption that he snuck into the building and was afraid he was not a resident, and called the police, why do people think she should she be fired from her job?

Oh yeah, I forgot - because she's a racist!

Old 10-16-2018, 10:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I hope she sues her gutless employer. I would have promoted her and given her more responsibilities.
I believe Missouri is an employment at will state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies