Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM

19,693 posts, read 12,275,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Good lord, she just wanted a little dark meat. But seriously, if he didn’t buzz in or whatever, I can understand the confusion. I’m sure this wasn’t the first time such a thing happened but the stars were lined up, the colors were proper and voila, we have a story.
I'm not sure she has good game then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 01:02 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,547,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Really?

Drug dealing wise guys got into my friends' building to rough someone up. They were not buzzed or keyed in. lol. Some idiot allowed them in when they were leaving.

Then there are robbers, rapists, the usual.
So the drunk lady thought he was a drug dealer or rapist or murderer so she followed him onto an elevator?

Quote:
Everyone should know the other tenants in their building, it's stupid to have strangers living on top of each other. Meet at the community room once a month or something and have coffee.
Sounds like Mrs. Mueller could use your advice so this doesn't happen to her again

Old 10-16-2018, 01:04 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,367,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Do you honestly believe that she would have acted the same way if it were a 40 year old, clean cut white male in a business suit? And called the police on him afterwards?
Was this a 40 year old clean cut black male in a business suit? Why did you change all the parameters and the race too?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
There are two ways to get my building, Key pad to enter a code or a key to open the door. The times I saw someone in the lobby who I didn't recognize I just assumed they lived in the building or was visiting someone.

Why else would they be in the four story building?
Thats not what happened here.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:09 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,820,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So the drunk lady thought he was a drug dealer or rapist or murderer so she followed him onto an elevator?

Sounds like Mrs. Mueller could use your advice so this doesn't happen to her again
Don’t try. It doesn’t make any sense. LOL

Like I said, I get asking if there was confusion at the door. Seeing the keys in his hand and hearing that he knows the names of the building managers was not enough? Okay I guess. But following him in an elevator and calling the cops after you saw him let himself into an apartment with his key?

This chick is a doofus and I’m not blaming this dude at all.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I'm white and people have done this to me....many times, because the rules of the building are you have to use your own card to enter!

Same with controlled workspaces. People get kinda lax about it but unless you personally know the person you should enforce the security rules. And even then in some facilities you cannot even do that because you don't know if the employee has been terminated or had their access privileges revoked (or restricted, which is common when people are reassigned from a project) just before that moment. Some systems will actually lock users out of the building or secure spaces due to a computer security breach (like if you try to plug in removable media or do one of the other things that get flagged by the system)...so in those environments you HAVE to follow the rules or you could get disciplined or fired for a security violation. Everyone is clear on the rules and you sign them at each security review or key card change or access change, acknowledging that you have read them, understand them, and will comply with them. Now obviously a residential building isn't a secure facility with sensitive or classified government information behind the doors but the rules for security (one authorized party per key card) should still be observed.

In those situations, in residential buildings, people have closed the door, exactly as someone suggested, and made sure I entered with my own key.

And I didn't flip out about it and insist that they let me through the door with them.

Because that is NOT FOLLOWING THE RULES.
This.
This.
And This.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:12 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,547,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Like I said, I get asking if there was confusion at the door. Seeing the keys in his hand and hearing that he knows the names of the building managers was not enough? Okay I guess. But following him in an elevator and calling the cops after you saw him let himself into an apartment with his key?

This chick is a doofus and I’m not blaming this dude at all.
Same here on both counts.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:13 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,760,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If she called the police after he entered his apartment then she is a fool.
Or drunk

Old 10-16-2018, 01:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,923,220 times
Quote:
He was trying to push past her. If she left with him in the doorway he would just walk in, as he eventually did anyway. She just wanted him to put his code or his card in like everyone else does. You know, so people who do not belong there are not allowed to wander in as someone is leaving. He should have stepped back and let her close the door. Then he could enter properly.
She wanted to hassle him. That would be why she refused to step aside when he told her he lived there, when he showed her his entry card. That would be why she insisted on joining him in the elevator, and then insisted on watching him use HIS key to enter HIS apartment. That would be why she called the police afterward. She went way overboard, and you and all her defenders know it.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:22 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,760,202 times
Quote:
Really?

Drug dealing wise guys got into my friends' building to rough someone up. They were not buzzed or keyed in. lol. Some idiot allowed them in when they were leaving.

Then there are robbers, rapists, the usual. Everyone should know the other tenants in their building, it's stupid to have strangers living on top of each other. Meet at the community room once a month or something and have coffee.
Well I am not security and normally just keep heading to my apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies