Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 08:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She may have thought she was doing the right thing.

We drill it into people's heads that if you "see something, say something," but when someone thinks they are doing the right thing, and say something, they get fired, or flamed by twitter trolls.

I just think there must be more to this than just the knee jerk assumptions that she's a racist.
Officer! Officer! I saw a black man use his key to enter his own apartment! He makes me uncomfortable! Do something!

I seriously believe she was hoping the cops who showed up would be white and would agree with her that this black man doesn't belong in "her" building, and maybe take him out in handcuffs for having the audacity of believing he should be allowed to live there. Or that they would simply break down the door and shoot him.

Seriously, what other outcomes could she have been hoping for by calling the police after he used his key to enter his own apartment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If it was her that opened the locked door into the secure residential building, then it is her responsibility to not allow someone to piggyback on her key to enter the building without proof. If something happened then it would be her fault.

I realize that it is highly annoying to have someone stand in the doorway of your own building but people pay for this level of security. He should understand where she is coming from. Again, I would offer proof as soon as I approached her.

This woman got fired for being white.
She was white alright!

Old 10-16-2018, 08:17 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,164,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, for the sake of argument, let's say she is not deranged and she's not a bigot either. What would drive her to think she needed to call the police?

Obviously if she knew that his using a key proved he lived there, so calling the police would have done nothing, except make her look stupid,. She'd even risk being charged with calling in a false report. What reason did she give for doing so, even after he took out a key and unlocked the door to the apartment??

I think some people, once they get an idea into their heads, that idea becomes so lodged in their brains, nothing will shake it, despite all evidence to the contrary.

There's something missing in brains like this - rationality.

She got so stuck on the idea that the apartment could not possibly belong to the guy, she called the police to prove it wasn't his. I'd bet 100% she does not have any remorse and still thinks she was right, even after being proved wrong.

It's a big problem in today's society.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:18 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
She is unemployed now.
permanently.
I imagine she will soon have to move out of that luxury apartment building.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 AM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What was the something she saw that made her feel she needed to say something?
That's what I'm asking. There was something about this guy that caused her to freak out, what was it. Something about him freaked her out, and made her very uncomfortable.

I've never been the type of person who leaps to conclusions, and readily joins the lynch mob to convict someone over knee jerk assumptions. I'm sure there are video cameras at the entrance, have we seen them?

I just find it curious that this guy was so quick to whip out his phone and was able to start recording the entire exchange.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:19 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,864,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There is zero (0) percent proof that she acted this way because of his race.

She has a very good case for illegal termination from her job.
Do you honestly believe that she would have acted the same way if it were a 40 year old, clean cut white male in a business suit? And called the police on him afterwards?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Black people are just as likely to follow safety protocol as white people and white people are just as likely to violate safety protocol as black people. How is that racist?

You are the racist for assuming that a white person is racist.

Nope, her behavior told me she's a racist.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I imagine she will soon have to move out of that luxury apartment building.

Based on knee jerk assumptions by the mob, of course.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:21 AM

17,791 posts, read 13,687,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesvitch View Post
To me this shows how stupid liberals are. So one entitled ***** is representative of us all. LOL But say a black thug criminal rapist is representative of all blacks and you are racist. So to me this shows the left is racist.
This shows how staggeringly unaware conservatives are. There have been EIGHT conservatives in THIS THREAD who have defended the "one entitled *****'s behavior". So you guys have been doing a good job representing yourselves on this thread without the help of any liberals.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Do you honestly believe that she would have acted the same way if it were a 40 year old, clean cut white male in a business suit? And called the police on him afterwards?
How do you know this guy was a 40 year old, clean cut black male in a business suit?

Ah, you assumed, because it makes rashly assuming this woman as a racial bigot, that much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies