Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 06:50 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Its people like this who will swallow a camel and choke on a gnat. As long as the camel is white and gnat is black.
Do you know here personally? She could very well be the exact opposite of what you are accusing her of.

Of course lets destroy her life anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 06:55 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,578,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't agree with how the woman handled the situation. However, if this was an actual security breach by a dangerous individual, and the woman just let him in with no query we'd be saying she was irresponsible, unaware, and put herself and others at risk.

That's not her job. Period. That gentlemen handled her confrontation exceptionally well. I can't say I would have been anywhere near as nice.

She is not building security and you see how things turn out when some random resident fancies themselves in that position. Now she has no job and she probably can't even walk her dog outside.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:56 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,190 times
Just another story where someone is looking for their 15 minutes of viral video fame and a possible payout.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:56 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
If I were him, I'd be calling the police on her.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:58 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,517,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
If I were him, I'd be calling the police on her.
I thought that, too. Turn the tables on her and let her explain to the police why she wasn't letting him pass.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:00 AM

10,529 posts, read 6,162,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
That's not her job. Period. That gentlemen handled her confrontation exceptionally well. I can't say I would have been anywhere near as nice.

Me neither.

Quote:
She is not building security and you see how things turn out when some random resident fancies themselves in that position. Now she has no job and she probably can't even walk her dog outside.

She was so rude and confrontational especially following him into the elevator and saying 'I want to know who you're going to see' like she couldn't possibly believe a black guy could have an apartment there.

I thought the guy was exceptionally calm under the circumstances.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:08 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,739,571 times
Default Watch: White Woman Attempts To Block Black Man From Entering His Apartment Building

D'Arreion Toles, a black Saint Louis resident, arrived on Friday to the entrance of the luxury apartment building where he lives, but was blocked from entering by a white woman who also lives in the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=faI8kacPGbQ

Old 10-16-2018, 07:12 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If it was her that opened the locked door into the secure residential building, then it is her responsibility to not allow someone to piggyback on her key to enter the building without proof. If something happened then it would be her fault.

I realize that it is highly annoying to have someone stand in the doorway of your own building but people pay for this level of security. He should understand where she is coming from. Again, I would offer proof as soon as I approached her.

This woman got fired for being white.
He offered proof: he had his key fob. When she followed him to his apartment, she watched him use HIS KEY to enter HIS APARTMENT. And yet she still called the police.

Occasionally there are people who come in behind me to my building. If I don't recognize them, I politely say, "Hey, sorry, can you key in yourself?" as I shut the door. I don't block the door with my body while yelling "YOU ARE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE."

Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
How on earth does this woman feel that a stranger owes her an explanation?!

I am so happy that she has been fired and humiliated.

Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,587,421 times
She is unemployed now.
permanently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies