Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2018, 10:35 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times

Advertisements

He shows her the key right around the one minute mark.

Her: You don't have a key fob.
Him: (jingles the keys.)
Her: Well, if you have that, then... okay.

And yet she continued to block the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 10:36 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. I don’t remember him showing her a key fob either. That would change a lot. But I am with you; I would have just told her to close the door so I could buzz myself in, and if she didn’t, I would call the cops.

I also agree that she was coming off as very rude, and a different approach from her may have de escalate the situation.
Oh yeah, absolutely. very well said.

I think this lady fits a certain negative stereotype: loud, busybody, etc. She is not the likeable kind for sure, but do you (the general term)call somebody racist simply because they are not likeable?

She certainly could have handled situation a lot better. Her approach is all wrong.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:37 AM

19,655 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Agree. I don’t remember him showing her a key fob either. That would change a lot. But I am with you; I would have just told her to close the door so I could buzz myself in, and if she didn’t, I would call the cops.

I also agree that she was coming off as very rude, and a different approach from her may have de escalate the situation.
They were both wrong but she is the only one who was fired. It isn't really fair and the man should feel guilty and kind of ashamed. Posting videos like this instead of dealing with confrontations individually is kind of wussy. It's like "I'm telling" level childish. He did it because he knew being a minority he would get people to agree with him, so he is not learning anything.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:42 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
They were both wrong but she is the only one who was fired. It isn't really fair and the man should feel guilty and kind of ashamed. Posting videos like this instead of dealing with confrontations individually is kind of wussy. It's like "I'm telling" level childish. He did it because he knew being a minority he would get people to agree with him, so he is not learning anything.
You are 100% correct. When will idiots see that recording and posting some “racial violation” to shame someone and get them fired is just as bad as the person in the video not minding their business.

Stop provoking people into race card scenarios while recording it like a school girl and just deal with it like a grown man and carry on about your business.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:44 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He said he’s not going after her legally . But what legal grounds would he have anyways ?

there are plenty of grounds for him to file charges against her. she obstructed him, she harassed him, she likely filed a false police report against him. thats just a few i can think of. a good lawyer can come up with more.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:46 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
In this digital age, public misbehavior can turn you into a celebrity. I don't blame him at all for filming her showing her a**. If she didn't want to look like an idiot, she should have refrained from the idiotic behavior. I really have no sympathy for her. Better for her employer to find out now what a lunatic she is and fix the problem (i.e. fire her).

Old 10-17-2018, 10:47 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
I have to badge in for work. If I don't recognize the person behind me I don't let them in. I will actually go to another entrance to avoid the uncomfortable interaction it could cause.

I think both were wrong in the way they handled the situation. She comes off as somebody that is in everybody's business.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I have to badge in for work. If I don't recognize the person behind me I don't let them in. I will actually go to another entrance to avoid the uncomfortable interaction it could cause.

I think both were wrong in the way they handled the situation. She comes off as somebody that is in everybody's business.
Yep. I agree.

To me, race has probably nothing to do with the story.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't really blame the man for recording the conversation. But I am with you, I don't think it is fair that she is now fired. I hope she is able to rebuild her life. I don't think she is a racist.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:55 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,722,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I absolutely agree with you. For me though, I just let anybody in because I don't want to make enemies. (bad, I know.)

I used to live in a secured apt complex when I was in college. The leasing manager aka the realtors also live in that building. They had a office downstairs and one of the ladies told me very kindly that I shouldn't let anybody without a keypad enter the building. If I enjoyed the extra security of living in the building, then I need to do my part. I think she was right.

This woman in the story is a realtor, I highly doubt a realtor can afford a "racist" label. I believe 'racial profiling" label the media gave her is awfully unfair.

I'd say that "race relationship" (whatever that means) was the worst thing to have been blown out of proportion in the 21st century America. It is getting old and ridiculous.

I don't think this woman deserves to be fired nor do I think she is a racist of any kind (well, based on the video at least). I think she "thought" she was doing her job as a responsible resident living in that building. Then again, I also believe employers can fire her for whatever the reasons. Is it fair? No, but it is what it is.
Do I think she should forever be labeled as a racist? Oh, no, it is not fair to her.
This is called "The left eating itself"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies