Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2018, 08:00 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times

Advertisements

She probably was downstairs, where you have to type in your secret number to open the door. she did not want him following her with the open door, that he needed to buzz his own self in.

I've had people behind me, strangers, where they are supposed to be buzzed in by the tenant they are visiting, but they like to piggyback behind you. one lady behind me, laughed and said to me hahah you buzzed me in too.

One time there was a guy with a little kid over on the other door, middle of winter. so he was trying to get in. obviously the tenant didn't answer or did not want to answer. he wanted me to let him in.. no i did not.. the person may not have wanted to see that guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 PM

365 posts, read 499,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Interracial sexual assault is so lopsided though. It's like 20,000 to almost 0 and I'll let you figure out which race offends interracially 20,000 times and which one is almost 0. And if liberals get to ascribe racist motives on whites then I get to ascribe racist motives on others too.
Show me your source.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
The OP's story isn't about cops at all except for that they were called. The story we are discussing isn't about cops misusing their authority or about sexual assault. It's not about good cops or bad cops. I'm not sure why the story about the cop raping a woman would add any balance or fairness or is even relevant whatsoever to this discussion.
If we are going to make a federal case out every petty thing a white person does, then maybe we should bring up all the petty and non-petty things everyone else does. That's a battle liberals can't win no matter how hard they hide the truth.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:02 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
Quote:
Interracial sexual assault is so lopsided though. It's like 20,000 to almost 0 and I'll let you figure out which race offends interracially 20,000 times and which one is almost 0. And if liberals get to ascribe racist motives on whites then I get to ascribe racist motives on others too.
I'm going to say that sexual assault is usually (though not always) a male perpetrator and a female victim. So I'm thinking it's more about sex/gender and less about race. There could be exceptions. Maybe he preyed on her because she was white, but it's more likely he preyed on her because she was female and because the opportunity presented itself.

But if you want his reprehensible actions to stand for all black men, then they need to stand for all cops and all men in general. All of those would be wrong, though.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Show me your source.
I've posted my DOJ source before from the last available time before the DOJ started hiding the statistic around 2008 and Obama.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
If we are going to make a federal case out every petty thing a white person does, then maybe we should bring up all the petty and non-petty things everyone else does. That's a battle liberals can't win no matter how hard they hide the truth.
You could do that. Have you looked through the threads on this forum? Most are basically making federal cases out of petty nonsense. This particular thread is about one particular story, though.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:05 PM

365 posts, read 499,913 times
Quote:
I've posted my DOJ source before from the last available time before the DOJ started hiding the statistic around 2008 and Obama.
Where is the post?

Old 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I'm going to say that sexual assault is usually (though not always) a male perpetrator and a female victim. So I'm thinking it's more about sex/gender and less about race. There could be exceptions. Maybe he preyed on her because she was white, but it's more likely he preyed on her because she was female and because the opportunity presented itself.

But if you want his reprehensible actions to stand for all black men, then they need to stand for all cops and all men in general. All of those would be wrong, though.
Nope we're talking about interracial offenses and annoyances here. Don't try to obfuscate and change the goal posts when the facts aren't on your side.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis101 View Post
Where is the post?
I don't know his sources, but here's one with several stats: https://www.rainn.org/statistics/per...exual-violence

And here's one about race (but not about sexual assault in particular): https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rhovo1215_sum.pdf

Seems like the majority of crimes against people of any race are committed by people of the same race. Which makes sense, because the majority of people might live where their own race is a majority. Interesting.

Old 10-16-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Nope we're talking about interracial offenses and annoyances here. Don't try to obfuscate and change the goal posts when the facts aren't on your side.
Which facts? Does someone keep a record of interracial offenses and annoyances? Where is this record? What counts? My next door neighbor is black. Once, their daughter was out screeching at 7 am on a Saturday. I ran outside in my bathrobe thinking she was being attacked but nah, she was just screaming. LOL I told her to stop it because it was too early and she was being too loud, and she looked bashful and went in the house. If my white daughter was doing that, I would hope that the neighbor would have done exactly the same thing! But is that annoyance recorded under a black kid annoying a white lady? Or maybe I annoyed her by telling her to knock it off... so are we even? I need to see this list.

ETA: If the girl was white, would it also be on the list as a non-interracial annoyance? Because I could add a story about a white child annoying me as well to make it fair and balanced. Does it count if it's your own kid? I could write a book!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies