Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2018, 06:55 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times

Advertisements

Although I agree with not all but many of Trump’s policies and the direction of the country compared to what the democrats offer, I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with his continual juvenile insults and narcissistic behavior. It is not gender-based — he is an equal-opportunity insultor. He is just pouring gasoline on an already overheated and divided country. We need a better role model in these dark times. I am glad he is teaching the Rs to stand up to the Ds and their bullying and corruption , but he doesn’t need to do it in such a profane and juvenile way — he is turning voters off.

But I still prefer his policies over the crazy anarchist lawless race-baiting democrats, and unless he really blows it, I’ll vote for him in 2020. I am hoping the Rs can replace him with a similar-in-policy, but more mature and civil candidate for 2020.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Although I agree with not all but many of Trump’s policies and the direction of the country compared to what the democrats offer, I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with his continual juvenile insults and narcissistic behavior. It is not gender-based — he is an equal-opportunity insultor. He is just pouring gasoline on an already overheated and divided country. We need a better role model in these dark times.

But I still prefer his policies over the crazy anarchist lawless race-baiting democrats, and unless he really blows it, I’ll vote for him in 2020.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
'Horseface,' 'Lowlife,' 'Fat, Ugly': How the President Demeans Women

This may be appropriate, but is it really worth a two-column, top half, and center of page article in the national newspaper of record? The conduct may be unbecoming of a President. This was pointed out in an opinion piece in, of all places, Fox News, Trump calls Stormy Daniels 'Horseface' in a tweet – Why has this kind of insult become the new normal? But it was captioned "Opinion by Leslie Marshall | Fox News."

But was calling a large number of working-class people a "basket of deplorables" any better?
Trump is an equal opportunity troll, everyone is open to scrutiny. He doesn't discriminate. Everyone is subject to mockery. Republican. Democrat. Black. White. Man. Woman. Straight. Gay. Young. Old. He believes in equality. Everyone is equally subject to mockery/razzing.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:48 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
ONE comment made by a person who is not president. No comparison here. The office of POTUS will never be the same or command the same respect as it did before Trump.
I disagree. It isn't the office, it's the individual. It will be very easy for us to go back to some kind of civility.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I disagree. It isn't the office, it's the individual. It will be very easy for us to go back to some kind of civility.
Didn't Eric Holder, and Hillary Clinton just publicly state we shouldn't be civil? Actually Holder recommended violence. Why do the Democrats and Media support the violent Antifa, and BLM? Pelosi defended the violent gang, MS-13. That's all civil, huh?

Old 10-20-2018, 08:56 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Although I agree with not all but many of Trump’s policies and the direction of the country compared to what the democrats offer, I am extremely disappointed and disgusted with his continual juvenile insults and narcissistic behavior. It is not gender-based — he is an equal-opportunity insultor. He is just pouring gasoline on an already overheated and divided country. We need a better role model in these dark times. I am glad he is teaching the Rs to stand up to the Ds and their bullying and corruption , but he doesn’t need to do it in such a profane and juvenile way — he is turning voters off.

But I still prefer his policies over the crazy anarchist lawless race-baiting democrats, and unless he really blows it, I’ll vote for him in 2020. I am hoping the Rs can replace him with a similar-in-policy, but more mature and civil candidate for 2020.

The problem I have with many of his policies is he speaks as if they're in practice while the reality is many are purely theory.

In these forums I've seen some of his staunchest supporters claim he's gotten N Korea to give up their nukes when the reality is no such thing has actually occurred.

I see him as a very accomplished BS artist and at best average in getting things done. m We have yet to see the 'far better than the ACA' plan he told us time after time after time would be in place soon after he took office. And sorry but I don't see the need to offer $12B to forums hurt by his poorly planned trade wars as a positive.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
'Horseface,' 'Lowlife,' 'Fat, Ugly': How the President Demeans Women

This may be appropriate, but is it really worth a two-column, top half, and center of page article in the national newspaper of record? The conduct may be unbecoming of a President. This was pointed out in an opinion piece in, of all places, Fox News, Trump calls Stormy Daniels 'Horseface' in a tweet – Why has this kind of insult become the new normal? But it was captioned "Opinion by Leslie Marshall | Fox News."

But was calling a large number of working-class people a "basket of deplorables" any better?

I find it hilarious and very sad that you want to call out the media for covering what the president does in the media BUT you won't call out the president for his grade school, playground behavior.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:04 AM

23,641 posts, read 12,561,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
The media is the free press for all.
A heavily biased media is the free press to no one.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
A heavily biased media is the free press to no one.
The large majority of the media is the propaganda arm of the Democrats. They only are there to advance a leftist agenda. They admit their job is to form public opinion, NOT report news.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:12 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The problem I have with many of his policies is he speaks as if they're in practice while the reality is many are purely theory.

In these forums I've seen some of his staunchest supporters claim he's gotten N Korea to give up their nukes when the reality is no such thing has actually occurred.

I see him as a very accomplished BS artist and at best average in getting things done. m We have yet to see the 'far better than the ACA' plan he told us time after time after time would be in place soon after he took office. And sorry but I don't see the need to offer $12B to forums hurt by his poorly planned trade wars as a positive.
Everyone can make a choice.
You chose the uncivilized Mob over the average at best. Others don't and won't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies