Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 09:32 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
No, he's definitely a journalist and no, he doesn't make things up or doctor recordings. You're desperate, I get that. Your hero, the fake Hispanic, got caught. Instead of addressing the truth, you try to attack the messenger to deflect. It's an integrity problem you have, not a Project Veritas problem.
Fake News. You can't handle the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 09:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I think somebody on the Republican side paid for and planned this whole thing. Right before the elections, hoards of illegals show up on our border. Everybody's scared now.
So you admit it's working, otherwise you'd be happy to see them swarm the border. Fact is, once again dems are not in touch with the people. They really thought this makes Trump go hide under a table.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:34 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I disagree. Do not accept any "asylum applications" from anyone that shows up at the border. Give them maps showing them our consulates and embassies in Mexico, direct them to go there, fill out the application and wait to hear back.

Why should US taxpayers have to support them while they wait?
It takes a lot of tax paying dollars to provide food, clothes, shelter, healthcare, etc for thousands of immigrants, who which most will not be accepted. And if they are, we will still continue to provide for them for a long time.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:37 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
because you are obviously buying anything for sale no matter how farfetched.

Like Russian collusion?

Old 11-01-2018, 09:40 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I love his new stance of not releasing asylum seekers or immigrants crossing the border illegally into the public pending a court date.

I believe this will deter a lot of people exploiting the terrible policy of 'catch and release'. Fake asylum seekers probably wont even try knowing they will be held in tents till their court date.
As naive as this might sound, why would anyone with common sense think releasing people who just committed a crime into the general public, on the promise they will return in a years time (to potentially face the consequences)and be forced to go back home, think it was a wise policy?

It would be akin to a American citizen in our court system being told "we don't have room to put you in prison, so we are going to trust you to come back (on your honor and word) to where you might be found guilty and must spend time in prison for your misdeeds".
Sure we have a bail system, but at least the person is potentially losing something if they fail to return. Additionally we have a system of monetarily incentivevised people who will go out and track them down.
The system doesn't always work, but it certainly works better than this "catch & release" system for illegal aliens.

`

Old 11-01-2018, 09:45 PM

2,911 posts, read 1,360,787 times
Brave Sir Robin is going to send out 15,000 troops to the border to keep us safe from those unarmed asylum seekers. Ah, I can sleep soundly now.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
No, he's definitely a journalist and no, he doesn't make things up or doctor recordings. You're desperate, I get that.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Old 11-01-2018, 09:58 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
There you go again with your condescending attitude. No need to respond as I'm placing you on my ignore list. Besides my wall is still waiting.
There will be no wall. If it makes you sleep better at night then continue waiting for it.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:08 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,126,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
They won't, it's just another shiny thing that Trump throws out to his base. At the border the military can only use force to defend themselves and a gun is not considered an appropriate response to someone throwing a rock, it's just silliness.
It may be silliness until some gun-toting Trump supporter takes it upon himself/herself to visit the border because they take dear leader's words to heart - eg. that these refugees are actually hellbent on "invading" our country and must be stopped at all cost. After all, we've already seen this with the bomb-happy Trump supporter.

What Trump is doing is downright dangerous, not just silliness. Some Republicans are starting to get outraged and distancing themselves from Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/01/u...gtype=Homepage

"Tuesday’s House election may turn on an equally significant and opposite force: a generational break with the Republican Party among educated, wealthier whites — especially women — who like the party’s pro-business policies but recoil from President Trump’s divisive language on race and gender.

Rather than seeking to coax voters like these back into the Republican coalition, Mr. Trump appears to have all but written them off, spending the final days of the campaign delivering a scorching message about preoccupations like birthright citizenship and a migrant “invasion” from Mexico that these voters see through as alarmist.

In Republican-leaning districts that include diverse populations or abut cities that do — from bulwarks of Sunbelt conservatism like Houston and Orange County, Calif., to the well-manicured bedroom communities outside Philadelphia and Minneapolis — the party is in danger of losing its House majority next week because Mr. Trump’s racially-tinged nationalism has alienated these voters who once made up a dependable constituency."

Last edited by kimchee; 11-01-2018 at 10:22 PM..

Old 11-01-2018, 10:10 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You keep saying the Dems want open border. Will you please for the love of God give me a link? I've been asking and asking people on this forum, and I haven't seen any links anywhere that say Dems want open borders. Gawd, quit listening to the fear mongering, people.
But yet none of you want a border wall. Even when it is pointed out that walls do work---like the one that Bill Clinton had built on the San Diego/Tijuana border that has drastically cut down on crime and illegal crossings---you all keep mindlessly parroting that walls don't work.

If you don't want an open border, then you are a hypocrite for not wanting a wall. Talk about skewed logic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies