Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will illegal immigrant invasion caravan effect midterm election
Help Republicans 203 74.09%
Help Democrats 21 7.66%
No effect 50 18.25%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 10:49 AM

17,453 posts, read 9,288,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't quite get what you're saying, but I do think the Republicans dreamed this entire thing up.

Paid someone to get the word out and fund these trucks to get thousands of illegals to our border.

It's my one issue with the Dems. They don't do much, if anything, to stop illegal aliens.

Nice scheme by the Trump people to get these stupid caravans coming at us. Right before midterms. Thanks a lot, Trump. I wonder if he'll still be doing this AFTER the midterms.
Pueblo Sin Fronteras is NOT a "Republican Organization"
I guarantee you and you find NOT find a single source that says it is.

The strongest evidence that Republicans are NOT responsible for these Caravans probably comes from the Lawsuit that the "migrants" just Filed in a Washington D.C. Court AGAINST the President of the United States.

Think about that Lawsuit for a tiny minute -- How do you supposed these "poor refugees" walking through Mexico managed to File a Lawsuit in a Federal Court in Washington?????

GROUP OF MIGRANTS NOT YET AT US BORDER SUE TRUMP FOR ALLEGEDLY VIOLATING THEIR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS |Daily Caller - 11/2/18

The U.S. border isn’t in sight, but twelve caravan migrants filed a lawsuit Thursday against President Donald Trump for supposed violation of their constitutional rights.

As Fox News reports, the lawsuit also names the Department of Homeland Security and cites Trump’s vow to send the illegals back where they came from with the backing of military force as a violation of the Fifth Amendment that states, “no person … shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.”

The 12 from Honduras allege in their lawsuit, filed in Washington’s U.S. District Court, that some aren’t aware of the “well-documented human rights crisis” that is affecting Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. The plaintiffs also say they have been denied access to the Administrative Procedure Act and the Declaratory Judgement Act.

Doesn't anyone thing this is odd? These poor, poor, tired, hungry, exhausted "migrants" have filed a Federal Lawsuit against the President for an Executive Order he hasn't even written yet.

Somebody is Financing this business -- It is NOT the Republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,564,047 times
Lordy mercy. It's conservative hysteria heaven in here!

Old 11-02-2018, 12:23 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No, it's upside down world

Old 11-02-2018, 12:24 PM

63,005 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Naw, it's the liberal lefties in here that are being hysterical with their wild scenarios of dead bodies of women and children on our border from the approaching caravans.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:27 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So you really think I'm going to watch something done by James O'Keefe? Seriously?

What's next, Alex Jones?
My oh my! You are so open minded/sarcasm.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Subtleties aren't your strong point. He DID say enough to KNOW that he did. Anyway, it's a stupid person that sends thousands of troops to a border now, when the group may be me months away.

Or can you explain that piece of brilliance?
Why do you even care? You live in Canada. Are you afraid that the so-called asylum seekers will somehow make it to your neighborhood?

You have no clue as to what it is like for Americans who live along the southern border.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Idiots to go home? People do not risk their lives and uproot their families to walk thousands of miles because they had nothing else to do. Anyone that believes that is the real idiot.
And anyone who believes that they are all sweet, innocent people who fear for their lives and are starving to death "is the real idiot".

Old 11-02-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The most dangerous rocks are the ones that kindred spirits of sociopaths crawl out from under when one gains national power and yes...this is what happened in Nazi Germany. Dehumanizing a group of people is a tactic used by scumbags such as Trump.
So...how many of these people in the caravan are you going to take into your own home? Once in your home I'm sure that you will gladly feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care. After all, your heart bleeds for them. Time for you to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,304,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Bottom line:

We are not letting this mob in. They are going to line up and request entry the right way.
I don't have a picture of how the border is set up. Apparently, they can walk up to the gate and present their papers. Then what happens? Look slike we have to take them. What I don't understand is why they have to be let in? Why not wait on the outside?

Old 11-02-2018, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No i dont want soldiers to just stand there while people are throwing rocks at them just move a little but really how far can one throw a rock, also it would be a cold callous soldier who would use deadly force on some individual armed only with a rock is this what America has become? a plaything for a psychotic coward who himself used his wealth and priviledge to avoid serving his country when asked to do so..
As for kids being separated from parents? i call it kidnapping.
So...a president who doesn't sit back and does nothing while thousands sneak across the southern border is "a psychopathic coward"? Wow! Have you ever got that wrong! A coward is the one who sits back and not only allows them to stream in but once here makes no effort to deport them. You know, like the previous president.

Again, you need to stop worrying. They won't make it to your town in Canada.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies