Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 07:53 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,110,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Does your drug use ever harm anyone else? How about other drug users?
My daily drug is a cup(s) of coffee...

Again.. deflection...

Old 10-28-2018, 07:58 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Yep, "I know you are, but what am I."

Hall monitor! Hall monitor! Get this guy over here! He's making trouble!
It must be getting late where you are, or it's time to take your meds. You are not even writing coherent sentences anymore.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:01 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,201,352 times
Quote:
I stipulated "under medical supervision." Now, should we encourage marijuana use, under supervision, so that they may enjoy all these health benefits from marijuana?

What health benefits are you referring to? If you mean marijuana for medical purposes, it would depend on the reason and benefits vs possible side effects, as it would for any other medication. We treat children differently due to their bodies not being fully developed. We also treat them differently based on their ages and level of growth.

Old 10-28-2018, 08:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
It's really strange - because legal pot here in MA...you have to be 21 and prove it big time. You cannot even enter the shop! You certainly can't buy anything and it's quite expensive.

Yet, according to the OP, somehow people - due to these locked up shops - have gotten ahold of massive quantities of it when they are 14 and 15 and used it heavily and then it made them drop out of school.

That's fantastic.

Of course, pot has always been available to school students (illegally) and still is. Other than dry spells we always tried to have some back in the daze (late 60's)...

Without disclosing too many details, if pot and various other recreational and popular drugs thwarted "success", they certainly didn't do so with me or with Steve Jobs (he claimed drugs, including LSD, were among the most important things in his life...let him see beyond the norms).....

3 Kids. Married for over 45 years. Success in most every form of business...interest in sports, food, politics, tech, photography, human nature and just about everything else. Our kids and grandkids love us...and may parents are still alive and they love us.

Paid my taxes. Volunteer and help others wherever I can.

Certainly my teenage excesses have not hurt me. In fact, I consider it 100% the other way around.

Little story. A bunch of us in our mid-40's were hanging around a friends house just chilling. No drugs. Just talking about various things. One particular woman was really aggravated and seemed to have a hard time just "being". She was ultra-rigid and seemed to like to tell everyone else what to do and how to "be". We asked the host what was wrong with her??

"Oh, she never smoked pot when she was young" was the answer. Since that time we have gotten to know that woman much better and although we could call her a friend, the fact remains true. She should have smoked pot.

She's the type of person who will knock on a car window if the driver is idling for a time frame she considers too long. If you smoked pot you probably would think "none of my business....I'll just Let It be".

Old 10-28-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
My daily drug is a cup(s) of coffee...

Again.. deflection...
That's just the start. At advanced age you need your analgesic with it (a speedball, we might say!) and then your BP meds, supplements and whatever else.

I recently got some CBD here (legal now - even some other legals and am microdosing with them.

I'm trying to stay young(er) forever. You know, like our friend Kurzweil. He was taking 250 supplements per day but is now down to 100. He actually turned back his age (truly!)......

Check out his list:
Google Futurist Ray Kurzweil Hacks His Body With These » LongevityFacts

Old 10-28-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
That's just the start. At advanced age you need your analgesic with it (a speedball, we might say!) and then your BP meds, supplements and whatever else.

I recently got some CBD here (legal now - even some other legals and am microdosing with them.

I'm trying to stay young(er) forever. You know, like our friend Kurzweil. He was taking 250 supplements per day but is now down to 100. He actually turned back his age (truly!)......

Check out his list:
Google Futurist Ray Kurzweil Hacks His Body With These » LongevityFacts
Still my choice. I don't care about yours.... Just as many have said. Love yours I live mine

Old 10-28-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Still my choice. I don't care about yours.... Just as many have said. Love yours I live mine
Coffee is definitely #1 on my list. I have to say. One big cup.

Wouldn't want to live without it....

I'm inquisitive which is why, like so many millions before me, I'd like to beat the Grim Reaper at his game for a while. While there is no fountain of youth, if other things compliment coffee and do as many good things, I'll be ordering them!

Old 10-28-2018, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Coffee is definitely #1 on my list. I have to say. One big cup.

Wouldn't want to live without it....

I'm inquisitive which is why, like so many millions before me, I'd like to beat the Grim Reaper at his game for a while. While there is no fountain of youth, if other things compliment coffee and do as many good things, I'll be ordering them!
Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.

-Anthony Bourdain. RIP

“Man is the one creature on Earth who knows he will die, and that is an appalling intellectual burden.”

- Piers Anthony... On a pale horse.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:19 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,787 times
Quote:
your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.

-Anthony Bourdain. RIP
As an aside. I can't say I've been to all the temples around the world, but the few I have visited were filled with incense smoke.

Old 10-28-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
As an aside. I can't say I've been to all the temples around the world, but the few I have visited were filled with incense smoke.
Interesting point...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies