Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 12:47 AM

48,709 posts, read 35,206,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yeah true . Years of brainwashing from the media and the liberal politicians that have a vested interest in making Trump look bad.
So many ignorant people that hate Trump but can’t even articulate a reason why. They are lemmings that just listen to whatever the talking head idiots on CNN or other outlets spout .
my dislike of trump comes from listening to his words. That's more than enough
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-03-2018, 05:11 AM

59,563 posts, read 27,691,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Wow, I must have woke up in upside down world today. There is nothing in the 14th declaring that that the babies of illegal aliens are not citizens. And illegal aliens are subject to the laws of the US, if not we could not charge them with crimes or immigration violations. If you want to play constitutional scholar at least try to confirm that your statements are accurate

"Wow, I must have woke up in upside down world today. There is nothing in the 14th declaring that that the babies of illegal aliens are not citizens."

The WRITERS of the 14th felt OTHERWISE.""This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens,"

Old 11-03-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like Trumpy might break a record. Again, which Amendment did Obama void by EO?

How many of Obama's EO/EMs were overturned by the courts?

Some by a 9-0 vote.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:26 AM

89,635 posts, read 45,254,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Wow, I must have woke up in upside down world today. There is nothing in the 14th declaring that that the babies of illegal aliens are not citizens."

The WRITERS of the 14th felt OTHERWISE.""This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens,"
And Congress made that quite clear shortly thereafter:

Article XXV Section 1992 of the 1877 Revised Statutes:

"All persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power, excluding Indians not taxed, are declared to be citizens of the United States"

https://books.google.com/books?id=kr...tizens&f=false

I'm just stumped as to how some posters in this thread remain so hopelessly lost and confused on this in the face of actual archived, documented historic and legal facts. /SMH

Old 11-03-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
if you are here illegally... you don't LEGALLY reside anywhere in the US

"This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens,"

From the WRITER of the 14h.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:05 AM

63,443 posts, read 29,458,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And that doesn't mean they get food stamps either. Glad we could agree.

They commit fraud to work. What makes you think they don't do likewise to get food stamps, etc.? After all they aren't known for their honesty. They also get food stamps and a horde of other welfare freebies through their U.S. born kids.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:09 AM

17,426 posts, read 11,432,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They commit fraud to work. What makes you think they don't do likewise to get food stamps, etc.? After all they aren't known for their honesty. They also get food stamps and a horde of other welfare freebies through their U.S. born kids.
Of course they get all the benefits including food stamps and low cost housing. The parents of an anchor baby will be all set to have government assistance in every way. I don't know why some people keep denying this. Obviously an anchor baby as a citizen is entitled to all of it and the babies parents of course will enjoy all of those benefits as well as long as the child is a minor.
Are some people really so naive they don't know this?

Old 11-03-2018, 07:12 AM

89,635 posts, read 45,254,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yep. Forged/stolen IDs and SS numbers. Just like the scum that killed Mollie. If they "appear" to be US citizens via forged/stolen documents, they're eligible for every public assistance program.

How do we know that happens on a LARGE scale? I'm going to remind everyone, again, what just happened a few years ago...

Quote:
"On July 1, all Puerto Rican birth certificates will become invalid. U.S. officials say a big percentage of fraudulent applications for U.S. passports or social benefits use Puerto Rican birth certificates"
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...ryId=124827546

Old 11-03-2018, 08:38 AM

42,826 posts, read 26,547,361 times
Quote:
I will defer to the author of this article in National Review who disagrees with you.
I will only quote the writer's conclusion, you might want to read the entire article for context:

Quote:
Conclusion

The argument against birthright citizenship certainly has a long history, as can be seen in these legal opinions released within decades of the 14th Amendment’s enactment. But as I said at the outset, I don’t quite find it convincing, given the more direct evidence from the text and more immediate historical context — though it must be conceded that we have no idea what the framers of the 14th Amendment would have thought about illegal immigrants in particular, because illegal immigrants simply didn’t exist back then.

COMMENTS
To defend an executive order before the Supreme Court, however, the Trump administration would need to convince all five originalist judges that “subject to the jurisdiction” must be read in a way that’s somewhat quirky to modern ears, relies on a highly specific reading of the historical evidence, and overturns more than a century’s worth of standard practice. That’s a longshot.

Birthright citizenship is a nutty policy. But if I had to bet, I’d say it’s one we’re stuck with

Old 11-03-2018, 09:31 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,613,019 times
Quote:

"...who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers."

You must have some real contempt for your fellow posters to expect them to accept this lie. You must think other posters are incredibly stupid to buy it, particularly after it has been discussed at length in this thread.

Of course, had you provided the whole quote instead of arbitrarily stopping in the middle of a sentence to make it seem that Senator Howard said something that he didn't, you would have seen he was referring to foreigners who are members of families on diplomatic missions, not all foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies