Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 05:48 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
You mean the baloney site you posted whose info is not backed up anywhere else at all? Show us another website to actually backup your nonsense claim and we might believe it. There is zero evidence these people are dangerous and I already told you the very definition of a caravan is a band of unified travelers. Look it up. Since they are not all in vehicles (in fact, few are), they can only move at walking speed or they would not be a caravan and they would have gotten to the US long before now.

The DHS is a baloney site? You don't think that out of 4-7 thousand people that there wouldn't be any criminals among them? Statistically alone there would be. You just keep digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 05:50 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
These people were offered asylum in mexico and refused it. By international law they cannot possibly be legitimate asylum seekers.
If they are on private land with the blessing of the property owners and its posted I believe they can shoot them for trespassing.
They were offered work permits in the two most Southern states in Mexico if they filed for asylum, those areas are violent.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They were offered work permits in the two most Southern states in Mexico if they filed for asylum, those areas are violent.

Where's your link proving just what states of Mexico that they would be working in? Chiapas where they were at at the time is not one of the more dangerous states. I saw a map online depicting the most dangerous ones and Chiapas wasn't one of them.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Oh I dunno, maybe because you said this:
AND MY REPLY TO YOU DID NOT SUFFICIENTLY EXPLAIN THIS?

Lets

Go

Through

This

Real

Slow

Shall We?

Those who accepted Mexicos offer of asylum will not now be in the caravan and seeking asylum in the US.

UNDERSTAND?

Those still in the caravan at the time they reach our border, i.e; "these people" from my original post?

Did not accept mexicos offer of asylum and thus cannot be considered asylum seekers under international criteria.

Stop trolling if you really arent this dumb..

Old 11-06-2018, 05:57 PM

10,479 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many of these "untrained wannabees", are actually very well trained. I would bet many are ex military also.
^Actually, most of them are ex military, and are ex military for a reason, and it's mostly because they got tired of being held back by red tape. They are also better trained as well.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:05 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,364,473 times
Quote:
Chicago is "violent". Tijuana is violent.
Escaping violence for politicsl asylum means you would be victimized for your political views. Mexico is not honduras orel salvador.
Are you advovating altering internationsl asylum criteria to allow "welfare shopping"?
Because thats what these people are up to and thats what reveals them to not be legitimate asylum seekers.
"Here is some help for you."
"Well sure thats better than what I had but its not good enough, I can do better than what you offer. I want to stay with that really rich neighbor over there".

Old 11-06-2018, 07:13 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So, let me understand. You demonize me while lecturing me about demonizing others.

Hypocrite much?

So sue me.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where's your link proving just what states of Mexico that they would be working in? Chiapas where they were at at the time is not one of the more dangerous states. I saw a map online depicting the most dangerous ones and Chiapas wasn't one of them.
This was from December 2017
Quote:
In Mexico, Armed Men Force Thousands Of People Out Of Chiapo

December 1, 2017
Heard on Morning Edition

James Fredrick
Violent unrest in the Mexican state of Chiapas has displaced thousands of indigenous people, and concern is growing about a possible humanitarian crisis.

Violent unrest in the Mexican state of Chiapas has displaced thousands of indigenous people, and concern is growing about a possible humanitarian crisis.

FREDRICK: She tells him how they burned her corn and beans fields - everything. Now she sleeps in the mountains hungry and with a hurting heart. In October, after a series of murders, armed men began forcing these villagers out of their homes. In a month, an estimated 5,000 people have been displaced.

https://www.npr.org/2017/12/01/56770...out-of-chiapas

Old 11-06-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:

I asked for a link denoting what states in Mexico that the migrants in the caravan would be working in. Still waiting. As for Chiapas here's the map I was talking about and it's for year 2018. Chiapas is not one of the dangerous states of Mexico.

http://image.slidesharecdn.com/mexic...?cb=1320902199

Old 11-06-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Chicago is "violent". Tijuana is violent.
Escaping violence for politicsl asylum means you would be victimized for your political views. Mexico is not honduras orel salvador.
Are you advovating altering internationsl asylum criteria to allow "welfare shopping"?
Because thats what these people are up to and thats what reveals them to not be legitimate asylum seekers.
"Here is some help for you."
"Well sure thats better than what I had but its not good enough, I can do better than what you offer. I want to stay with that really rich neighbor over there".
They didn't accept work permits in violent Mexican states so they are "shopping" around. You need to do more research on the states where they were offered accommodation, you know nothing about what was offered, Just making excuses, these families marching thousand of miles are asking too much.

Your sarcasm is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies