Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM

2,486 posts, read 825,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are going to do just what they have been doing in the past for several years now just offer support to the Border Patrol and protect private property. Did you not read what one poster said about being a member of one and how they even give water, medical aid, etc. to illegals that have needed it? They've never instigated any violence at the border.

Most of these people are retired cops and military men so no they don't have jobs. Those who do have offered their services on the weekends. Instead of the hysteria why don't you inform yourself about these patriotic Americans?

I don't think becoming informed is a goal for some of these people.

After OWS and the all the weekly BLM/ANTIFA protests for them to pull out the "shouldn't they be working" card is not only out of place and disconnected, it's just plain ignorant. That seems to be their safe space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 02:43 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
The sad thing is that the US has been trying to destabilize many of the countries that these people are trying to escape from. No country in the world can compete with US crops because of the farm subsidies especially central and south America. As a result the US creates unstable governments that cannot afford law and order allowing criminals to dominate. Top that off with pricing America crops so low local farmers cannot compete and you have a recipe for hell. Then blame the people for trying to find a better life. That's Trump logic; a sick and perverted way of thinking otherwise known as greed.

Be careful, I have it on go authority that there are refugees from the Klingon-Cardassian War hiding in the caravan who are planning to enter the US and breed with American women producing aliens who will overthrow the government.

NAFTA was bad for the American worker also and I'm glad Trump is seeking to change that. We have unlimited visas for legal, foreign farm workers so why haven't those in these caravans applied to come here with those visas? There are plenty of able bodied men in them.

Keep your day job. You're no stand up comedian. There are plenty of Latino women in that caravan who are pregnant or planning of becoming so once they get they get over our border and you know it so they can tap into our welfare dollars.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:03 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are going to do just what they have been doing in the past for several years now just offer support to the Border Patrol and protect private property. Did you not read what one poster said about being a member of one and how they even give water, medical aid, etc. to illegals that have needed it? They've never instigated any violence at the border.

Most of these people are retired cops and military men so no they don't have jobs. Those who do have offered their services on the weekends. Instead of the hysteria why don't you inform yourself about these patriotic Americans?
How do you know who these people are.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I seem to remember two guys named named Cesar Sayoc Jr. and Gregory Bush who were here 100% legally. Both were fans of Donald Trump and one of them killed two people. These stories of real violence faded into the background amidst the fearmongering from the supposed brown alien threat on foot 600 miles away.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/25/u...-shooting.html

What does them being Trump supporters have to do with anything? There is plenty of violence by Democrat supporters also and yes they are all reported equally. Why should we not discuss the violence and potential danger of illegal aliens also?

Brown threat? I wondered how long it would take you to play the skin color/race card. Are you asking the same question for the umpteenth time again as to why we are preparing for these people now, that many of us have answered already in here?

Again, did you read the DHS site that I posted? How can you claim that all of these people are innocents? They aren't all just walking here all the way either. They are getting some rides along the way and those pictures have been all over the news. I suggest you give it up unless you want to continue to be made a fool of yourself by many of the posters in here.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How do you know who these people are.

Because I remember them from a decade ago and the professions they retired from was made public knowledge. There's a poster in here who is a current member and he also said the same thing.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
These "morons", maybe you need to stop demonizing people.

It is not like they are doing anything illegal. sheesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
OMG lily, the only weapon they've GOT is demonizing people!
So, let me understand. You demonize me while lecturing me about demonizing others.

Hypocrite much?

Old 11-06-2018, 04:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,399,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
About 200 members of the Militia groups are currently guarding the Texas border. Militia groups, heavily armed organizations that train members in paramilitary techniques ― often are right-wing extremist organizations. 100 members of the Texas Minutemen are headed to the Rio Grande now. They traveled to the border, stoked by fears that dangerous illegal immigrants are coming to invade the country. With the caravan, large numbers of trained military, and untrained armed militia combined with a powder keg of explosive emotions, what can possibly go wrong?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/armed-mil...kk9fowQb7r3gY4
When you give into Left wing extremism, what do you expect?

Dems should be advocating pushing the caravan back as strongly or more so than conservatives, if they wish to keep things "not extreme". A strong border is a prerequisite for a normal political atmosphere. History has taught us this lesson over and over again.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:30 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So, let me understand. You demonize me while lecturing me about demonizing others.

Hypocrite much?
You need to stop acting like a fragile little flower.

Show me WHERE I demonized YOU.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:32 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,183,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
“The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country.”

Quote: James Madison

The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights reserved.
And WTF is "well regulated" about a group of armed mouth breathers in camo thinking they are Rambo?

I don't want or need their protection from whatever BS threat they think they are protecting me from.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:35 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You need to stop acting like a fragile little flower.

Show me WHERE I demonize YOU.
Forget it.

We totally disagree regarding the military--both official military and unofficial vigilantes. I find these vigilante militia guys to be ridiculous. That is my opinion, which you seek to deny as valid, by claiming I am demonizing people.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just leave it at that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies