Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 10:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
no Trump supporter has been able to persuasively explain why it is necessary to have a 5100 person strong military protect us from a caravan 657 miles from the Texas border
On the contrary, explanation has been given at this board - including an extremely detailed series of posts by someone who claims to be a current CBP Officer who has offered a very detailed account of the engineering and logistics that these soldiers work on while at the border. I suspect you prefer talking over listening however, and therefore probably missed it in-between your own posts.

Additionally, it’s been discussed that the lead pack of the migrant caravan is only a few days away now that they’ve reached Mexico City, as they now have train transportation readily available. They aren’t weeks and months away. They will begin arriving in days. This is just the truth.

I doubt any of this even matters to you, though. You seem more content to sit online and castigate others than find answers to your own questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 10:55 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I have never said I want them to enter the country but conservatives always assume liberals want every illegal immigrant to flood the country without restriction. And if I'm wrong, you're welcome to find a post of mine in which I said, "Let them all come in." I know I didn't, and no liberal advocates that. And no Trump supporter has been able to persuasively explain why it is necessary to have a 5100 person strong military protect us from a caravan 657 miles from the Texas border

You don't have to say it your posts make it obvious just like rest of the liberal left. I have already explained why those troops are on the border now. Did you miss it? Here we go again. They are laying wire on the border to prepare for this caravan. They are there early hoping that their presence discourages many from continuing on in this caravan. They caravan could arrive much earlier than expected since along the way many are getting rides on trucks, etc. Happy now?

Old 11-06-2018, 10:57 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They endanger our military, which I don't like.

When you're a professional, the last thing you want is a bunch of untrained wannabees running around with guns.
The overwhelming majority are retired military members.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:00 AM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
They ask for asylum then go through the process to determine if they are eligible.

They already know that being poor makes them ineligible to claim asylum so why bother? Me thinks those type are going to try and enter illegally and then they won't have to apply but simply disappear into our country never to be seen again.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:05 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You don't have to say it your posts make it obvious just like rest of the liberal left. I have already explained why those troops are on the border now. Did you miss it? Here we go again. They are laying wire on the border to prepare for this caravan. They are there early hoping that their presence discourages many from continuing on in this caravan. They caravan could arrive much earlier than expected since along the way many are getting rides on trucks, etc. Happy now?
No it doesn't and no they don't. I have never said I advocate complete amnesty because I don't. So stop making blanket assumptions about liberals and myself that are not true. If you recall, amnesty was a policy primarily instituted by Reagan, who was a Republican president. As I said in my earlier posts about the caravan, some of them are riding in trucks, but a caravan is by definition a group of people traveling together. Therefore, they can't move any faster than walking speed or they would no longer be a caravan. If they were moving at the speed of vehicles they would be here already and the alien invasion would have begun

Old 11-06-2018, 11:12 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Posting that lie yet again.

Has no information about who is in the caravan. Does not even claim to..

And it notes they will let in the asylum seekers in the end.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:15 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,524,514 times
People who have been effected by the actions of Illegal's never seem to
be acknowledged, not until some political or holly-wood person is
directly effected Nothing will change

Some might want to take the family on a trip to Germany to
get an idea what is in our near future

Old 11-06-2018, 11:21 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
I was frightened when I read this, but then I remembered I wasn’t an illegal.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:23 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,118,686 times
Quote:
They already know that being poor makes them ineligible to claim asylum so why bother? Me thinks those type are going to try and enter illegally and then they won't have to apply but simply disappear into our country never to be seen again.
Found this post on a different site.

comment 1:
If they intend to enter the US though the correct channels then I wouldn't be posting this, but I highly doubt that is (most) of their intents.

They do intend to enter the US through the correct channels. To apply for asylum, you have to present yourself to US authorities. To do so you have to be physically present. This is the correct channel for them to present their asylum claims.

Response: You seem to have made the assumption that none of these people have legitimate asylum claims. Some might. The fact that Mexico offered them asylum might be irrelevant for some if the violence they are fleeing is able to follow them to Mexico. Some might not have legitimate claims. But it's a process, and we have trained Judges who evaluate these claims on a case-by-case basis. I'm not sure why you think they don't deserve that process, and that your cursory judgement from thousands of miles away is a enough.

Realistically what is going to happen with this caravan is that many of the people in it will end their journey in mexico somewhere, some will continue to the US border. Some will cross the border and apply for asylum; some of those will be rejected and deported and some will have their asylum claims granted and be allowed to settle in the US. That's it.

Do you think that 7,000 people are really going to change anything? Over 500,000 people overstayed visas in the US last year. 7,000 in a caravan of which some might end up entering the US, of which a further subset might be legally allowed to stay... that's nothing. There's an estimated 100,000 Canadians in the US illegally. Do you feel the invasion of Canadian migrants? No? Well it's 10x larger than the caravan.

Yes, we should enforce our nation's laws. Yes, people who don't have a legitimate asylum claim should be turned away. But put everything in perspective - this is a relatively small number of people, of whom, some may have legitimate claims. It's a non-issue.

Old 11-06-2018, 11:27 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Good. Hopefully this will make some illegals think twice.

Americans are fed up with illegals and all the problems they create and are doing something about it. It is our country and we have a right to defend it.
The militia doesn't have any rights to shoot people. Geez. Nobody asked them to parade their ignorant asses to the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies