Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 01:25 PM

11,228 posts, read 8,321,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Anyone trying to enforce unconstitutional laws should be arrested and charged with treason.
Does that include preventing caravan people from having their immigration hearing, because PKTUS is ordering a lot of soldiers to do exactly that. Not their fault, they are following his orders. You want to charge them with treason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 01:34 PM

736 posts, read 457,164 times
Now if we could get some Police Chiefs to stop enforcing those rediculous drug laws.

Old 11-23-2018, 05:06 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,590,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It damn sure doesn't say the bolded either and I see NO indication you should be considered one of the framers. But the issue serves as a fine example of how many who claim to support 'law & order' and the Constitution are just full of themselves and something else too. And I wouldn't support the law either but I sure as hell wouldn't delegate law making powers to the police chief.
He's not taking delegated power. He's just protecting undocumented guns from being taken away by creating a sanctuary city.

Old 11-23-2018, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well it is refreshing to know that a Police chief recognizes that the people in his town are not gun nut murderers that the Left paints anyone as that choose to own guns.

The Chief said in the video that he believes the law is a violation of his oath to uphold the state and federal Constitutions.

I think we all have the choice to question a law but we also run the risk of criminal persecution for not following the laws.

It was the reverse in my state when a new system to process gun licenses came into being, handed down from the gun/Right restricting Lefty elected. We had Police Chiefs denying and restricting licenses to new gun owners and others that have had their licenses for decades having their license to carry down graded for no other reason than the Chief thinking the person didn't need a certain type of gun or they didn't need to carry it on their person for protection. It was a real mess and individuals were forced to go the courts for resolution and prove that they were not a risk.
THIS is why I tell people NOT to comply with these evil laws. They can't take it, at least without getting hurt, if you DON'T give it to them.

Old 11-23-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, but I DO! And, I also KNOW the Constitution DOES NOT delegate the power to decide what laws are constitutional and what laws are not to a police chief, something it's apparent many yahoos don't understand.
The Constitution tells the local level to ensure a republican form of government. If that means flipping the bird to and defying despotic higher levels of government that oppose a republican form of government, then so be it.

Old 11-23-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I also know the constitution does not delegate the power to decide what laws are constitutional and what laws are not to state and local governments, something it's apparent many yahoos don't understand.
Well if the Founders thought DC should have all of that power to do that, then I believe they wasted time and lives fighting the American Revolution. We could have stayed with Britain and kept the same policies.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:59 PM

17,614 posts, read 13,406,093 times
Quote:
Interesting to know that Conservatives are apparently willing to give the power the Constitution gives to the SCOTUS to decide the constitutionality of a law to a local police chief.
I call BS here!

The 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution. We all have a RIGHT to bare arms

This silly a$$ state law will be tossed

Old 11-23-2018, 07:41 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,249,633 times
Quote:
IOW, so called law & order people would be more properly labeled 'laws we like & order' people.
Kind of like liberals ignoring immigration laws.

Old 11-23-2018, 08:11 PM

48,563 posts, read 34,941,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I call BS here!

The 2nd Amendment is in the Constitution. We all have a RIGHT to bare arms

This silly a$$ state law will be tossed
Well, then the Police Chief should wait and let that happen. His job is not to interpret Constitutional Law, his job is to enforce laws.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-23-2018, 08:16 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,634,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm glad the Police chief is taking a stand on what he views as a unconstitutional law but I'm sure he is going to face some blow back from his Liberal bosses and possibly lose his job.
If the voters of Washington state approved an initiative saying it was OK in their state to kidnap black people off the street, put chains on them, and force them to work in their fields for meager housing and board and no pay...

... should the police refuse to enforce that new law too? Or should they go along with it?

I seem to recall a Constitutional amendment or two that say something about that too.

Is all we need to justify violating a Constitutional amendment, 51% of a vote?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies