Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 02:17 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times

Advertisements

A big thumbs up to this Police Chief. He is a bastion of sanity in this crazy world!

https://patrioticviralnews.com/artic...-anti-gun-law/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2018, 03:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
IOW, so called law & order people would be more properly labeled 'laws we like & order' people.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
A big thumbs up to this Police Chief. He is a bastion of sanity in this crazy world!

https://patrioticviralnews.com/artic...-anti-gun-law/
Wonder if the Mayor fires him???

Old 11-21-2018, 03:31 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
It is unenforceable unless you do warrantless, illegal searches to see if someone's gun is locked up, unloaded, and rendered useless for self defense purposes.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:43 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I had to watch to the end of the video to figure out what the big to do was about but I agree with the Police Chief the Constitution is the law of the land and it would be wrong to charge the homeowner IF a criminal broke into his home stole a gun and then used that gun in a crime later on.

I can see why 60% of the voters approved the measure because we have seen one too many deranged kids that are able to lawfully buy a semi automatic rifle and use it in a shooting massacre. Of course there are thousands of 18-21 year old young men and women that buy these type of rifles and use them responsibly but the Left doesn't care about them.

I say if the age is to be raised from 18 to 21 where a person can legally purchase a semi automatic rifle, it is already 21 for buying a handgun then I would also say that we should raise the voting age to 21.

I'm glad the Police chief is taking a stand on what he views as a unconstitutional law but I'm sure he is going to face some blow back from his Liberal bosses and possibly lose his job.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I had to watch to the end of the video to figure out what the big to do was about but I agree with the Police Chief the Constitution is the law of the land and it would be wrong to charge the homeowner IF a criminal broke into his home stole a gun and then used that gun in a crime later on.

I can see why 60% of the voters approved the measure because we have seen one too many deranged kids that are able to lawfully buy a semi automatic rifle and use it in a shooting massacre. Of course there are thousands of 18-21 year old young men and women that buy these type of rifles and use them responsibly but the Left doesn't care about them.

I say if the age is to be raised from 18 to 21 where a person can legally purchase a semi automatic rifle, it is already 21 for buying a handgun then I would also say that we should raise the voting age to 21.

I'm glad the Police chief is taking a stand on what he views as a unconstitutional law but I'm sure he is going to face some blow back from his Liberal bosses and possibly lose his job.

Interesting to know that Conservatives are apparently willing to give the power the Constitution gives to the SCOTUS to decide the constitutionality of a law to a local police chief.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

When all people are to be armed if they wish, where the firearm comes from, is of no business of the government. - 2nd Amendment - Bill of Rights
It damn sure doesn't say, "Shall be Limited"

Old 11-21-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When all people are to be armed if they wish, where the firearm comes from, is of no business of the government. - 2nd Amendment - Bill of Rights
It damn sure doesn't say, "Shall be Limited"

It damn sure doesn't say the bolded either and I see NO indication you should be considered one of the framers. But the issue serves as a fine example of how many who claim to support 'law & order' and the Constitution are just full of themselves and something else too. And I wouldn't support the law either but I sure as hell wouldn't delegate law making powers to the police chief.

Old 11-21-2018, 03:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IOW, so called law & order people would be more properly labeled 'laws we like & order' people.
So, you don't like the constitution? Do you also make fun of people who opposed slavery even though it was legal?

Old 11-21-2018, 04:01 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Anyone trying to enforce unconstitutional laws should be arrested and charged with treason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies