Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 08:10 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Most rational people here do not regard him as such either...but you already know that. Trump knew it himself...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...itimate-214655

https://www.blackenterprise.com/6-re...ate-president/

The latest Gallup Poll shows that 60% of those who were asked, disapprove of Trump's conduct as president.
Only 38% of them approve. How much lower will that get, after Mueller's investigation releases its findings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 09:44 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
He's definitely a legitimate president, just not the first choice of Americans.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:48 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,408,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...mpression=true

And we should care what they think why Mr Dean? Imagine if they said Howard Dean should be president, should we automatically make it so then?
Coming from overseas, I can say that foreigners completely fail to understand America - that is most true for Europeans. Be happy that you live in America, especially one that is getting set right by Trump.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:08 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Does Howard Dean talk to the deplorable's or does he get this opinion from inside the bubble?

Old 11-28-2018, 11:09 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Good, when will he tell Israel to find another sugar daddy? At over 3 billion a year Israel is a very expensive semi-ally.
That is a fair point, as much of our foreign aid seems excessive.

I suppose our country feels as if we need a stable western society/culture in the Middle East, and since Israel is not an sworn enemy of America and committing jihad again us and other Christian nations, it makes geopolitical sense to help them survive.

Lets face it, only Egypt & Saudi Arabia (among the major Muslim nations) have been considered moderate toward the west.
Obama/Hilary ended our relationship with Egypt when they threw Mubarak under the bus. Obviously Saudi Arabia's loyalty toward us is questionable, since they fund madrassas teaching hate and destruction of us and Israel.

So clearly Israel is one stable society that we can depend upon, compared with others. Do you or others disagree?

`

Old 11-28-2018, 11:45 AM

16,579 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You misunderstand. I was mocking the idea that people overseas didn't have access to - what was it - "balanced/fair" news? Because frankly, European journalism and media is considerably happier about speaking truth to power than US media. Particularly a certain station that claims to be fair and balanced.
Ok, now I see what you were getting at.

I will say that much of the foreign media of any substance/recognition still takes a liberal and/or leftist stance.
Whether it be the AP, Reuters, Guardian, etc.
Every time there is a Republican president elected, much of the global/European media/press has assailed Americans as stupid for electing Reagan, Bush, etc.
So while the vitriol against Bush is more obvious and passionate, they have been like that for as long as I can remember going back to the 80's.

As to that certain station you reference, rest assured you see a wide variety of opinion and may Democrats being able to speak on issues that you do not see from the MSM in most cases.
I have seen interviews with Democrats saying Fox News has given them a platform to express their viewpoint without being censored or restricted.
I think what happens with too many people is equating the conservative talking heads on the opinion shows (i.e. Hannity) with the news division.

`

Old 11-28-2018, 04:00 PM

7,774 posts, read 6,383,187 times
Dean has long had a case of "big mouthitis".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies