Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I have stated already that I don't believe abortion is murder. Why do you feel the need to lie?
Abortion is murder. The fact that you choose not to believe that says volumes about your morality. I am so sorry you feel this way. One day you will understand and feel ashamed. And I know you will fall out of your chair laughing at that: It will happen. And you will feel horrifically ashamed at your beliefs and how you treated people. I feel sorry for you and will not engage you any longer, it's not fair to you. You aren't able to think clearly.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
Thank you for the question. I am not an atheist. In my personal life, I do have faith in a higher power. While I may have personal feelings regarding this subject which may be influenced by my faith, as I mentioned earlier this is not an issue of faith or religious doctrine.

There have been many societies throughout history which have adopted a secular moral code. Here in the US, we have a moral foundation which we rely upon to create our laws. I don't believe it is a religious statement to declare murder of innocents immoral. Therefore, we must approach this subject from a shared position and see where can find common ground.
Thanks for answering!

Society has already decided this.
America's moral code doesn't align with yours.
America doesn't see abortion as murdering innocents.
We have found common ground, it's pro-choice.

It's a done deal. There is no argument.

I assume you are part of the pro-life movement and you'll keep on trying.
There are also countries who outlaw abortion for the very reasons you state. You can always think of how important this is to you, and if you should move to retain your version of a high moral standing or not. Totally understandable.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:08 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Thanks for answering!

There are also countries who outlaw abortion for the very reasons you state. You can always think of how important this is to you, and if you should move to retain your version of a high moral standing or not. Totally understandable.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:09 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Quote:

I don't see it that way. This topic is still within the realm of public debate, far from being a closed book.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235445/...y-divided.aspx

Quote:
I don't believe my moral standing is high at all. I am stating truths. Killing innocent life is immoral. This is a truth today as it was yesterday and will be in the future. This is where I begin my discussion. I am not part of any movement, I am simply an individual having a discussion on a current issue.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
I don't believe my moral standing is high at all. I am stating truths. Killing innocent life is immoral. This is a truth today as it was yesterday and will be in the future. This is where I begin my discussion. I am not part of any movement, I am simply an individual having a discussion on a current issue.
You are stating an opinion. Even you acknowledged that.

Quote:
The problem is that for all of our secular knowledge, all of our advanced technology, we cannot point at a moment in time when a nothing, turns into a something. [...] we don't know. It's all just opinion and guessing.
My opinion is that abortion is not murder. When it comes to my body, whose opinion should prevail? Yours? Why?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:33 AM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,809 times
Quote:
You are stating an opinion. Even you acknowledged that.
No, I stated that if there is a question, the chance would not be taken if it exists. Again, referring back to my analogy, which you have not addressed.

Quote:
My opinion is that abortion is not murder. When it comes to my body, whose opinion should prevail? Yours? Why?
And yet you have not directly answered any of my points. You brush them off, using a strawman argument or avoiding them altogether.

Again, I will start the conversation with a simple question:

Is it wrong to kill an innocent life?

If you cannot force yourself to answer this question honestly, then I see no path forward with any respectful debate.

Old 11-30-2018, 09:37 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,456,779 times
Quote:
I don't see it that way. This topic is still within the realm of public debate, far from being a closed book.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/235445/...y-divided.aspx

It's pretty much closed. You can have a rant or two about it on a debate forum, but the law has been on the books for a while now. In reality, it's a closed book. In the end, abortion is legal.

I don't believe your moral standing is high either. I just think it's what you believe. America does not stand with you. Abortion isn't considered murdering children here. There is no current issue on abortion just a group of kids singing in hopes of changing America's mind. A singing rant of disagreement if you will. They have a cause, they are fighting for it. They are free in this country to do so, just like women are free to have an abortion. It's a great country.

A lot of people disagree with a lot of existing laws that America currently has. Gun control, Women's Healthcare/for-profit healthcare, the Election process, and on and on. You are free to disagree but the law is the law.

If you aren't part of a movement then changing any laws is obviously not a huge concern of yours. So, again, you just disagree with an American law. Get in line.

You can voice your belief system all you want. There is a religious forum on here you might find a bit more success with though. They talk more about fuzzy feelings and spiritual moral than over here on the politics forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies