Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 08:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,637,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmann View Post
Stop exaggerating. Everybody knows that you cannot block people’s driveways. What if an ambulance gets stuck in traffic during rush hour or on a road where there is car accident? What if what if.
Everybody knows you can't block people's driveways but they do it anyway. I had a neighbor that had a garage sale and people parked in front of my driveway with me working out front in full sight.

This guy is disrespecting his neighbors. Maybe he should move to a rural area.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Next time don’t live near a Jewish neighbor...
Why is that? We already know you don't like anybody but Christians so please enlighten us why somebody shouldn't live near a Jewish person.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:10 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Stop exaggerating. Everybody knows that you cannot block people’s driveways.
They're on the street in front of his house, waiting for the traffic ahead of them to get to the display next door, where they will stop and gawk for five minutes, causing ever more backups. Of course they are blocking driveways. Or do you think every car on the street is stopping and leaving a space for every driveway on the block? Good grief.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:10 PM

1,261 posts, read 570,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Everybody knows you can't block people's driveways but they do it anyway. I had a neighbor that had a garage sale and people parked in front of my driveway with me working out front in full sight.

This guy is disrespecting his neighbors. Maybe he should move to a rural area.
You should have called the cop and he would have gotten parking ticket then.

His Jewish neighbor could move to Israel if they hate Christmas and Christians. Why should he not be able to celebrate the national holiday on his own way the way he wants as it is his own private lot?!

Old 11-29-2018, 08:11 PM

20,888 posts, read 9,595,625 times
Quote:
Then move to a rural area or an area far away from other homes if you want your privacy. It’s only for couple of weeks and I’m sure the music isn’t that loud and people’s windows are shut down this time of the year as it’s cold outside. He pays property taxes and have every right to display whatever he would like! What if a home has big parties everyday for a month? You’re going to force them stop hosting parties?!
Why should dozens of neighbors inconvenience themselves for a month just so this guy can have his self-indulgent display? They pay property taxes too.

Yes, if a house has big parties everyday for a month, that is reason to call the cops to put a stop to it. In most places there are laws against disturbing the peace and creating public nuisances.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,658,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Easy to say when it's not you who can't get out of your driveway at night because of the wall to wall cars. And if there was an emergency, what then? No joy or happiness if an ambulance can't get to your house because your next door neighbor needs his big, obscene display.

The town is asking him to pay for the security that his display is requiring. Why is that unfair? Why should everyone else foot the bill for his display?
Exactly. And no, shutting the windows doesn't drown out that kind of music. It's cold out, noise travels and even played at a low volume, you're going to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Great solution, move out to a rural area.

Respect thy neighbor. This is a traffic nightmare for the rest of the neighborhood. The light show is awesome but he is being selfish.

If somebody was having parties non stop for 20 days straight I would be calling the authorities especially if it was at night.
Yeah, why doesn't the homeowner move out to a rural area where he's not disturbing anyone with his display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
OK, so I watched the video, and I have to say, if I lived near this guy, I would probably be going nuts right now. Quite a bit of it is pretty and nice (I do like the archway he put over the driveway, I think that's cool), but the strobing lights that flash on and off would drive me up the wall. I enjoy Christmas displays, but this is Over The Top.

And in all honesty, if I were trying to go about my business of going to work, coming home, going to the store, whatever, and was forever contending with heavy traffic because of the gawkers for 20 days straight....I'd be pretty hacked myself. Heck, I just recently had to tell one of my neighbors that I don't care if she parks in front of my house (as I don't own the street), but on trash day, to please show some awareness and pull away from my driveway a little so I can put my trashcans in the designated pick-up spot. And that's a once-a-week thing.

I would think possibly the homeowner should possibly show some courtesy--if his lights are a 'thing', then perhaps he can put showings on a schedule that won't impact his neighbors as much.

He may enjoy it, but his neighbors have to live there as well.
He's ignorant, there is no way he'd be willing to compromise.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:13 PM

1,261 posts, read 570,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
They're on the street in front of his house, waiting to get to the display next door, where they will stop and gawk for five minutes, causing ever more backups. Of course they are blocking driveways. Or do you think every car on the street is stopping and leaving a space for every driveway on the block? Good grief.
For 15 years NOBODY complained, then all the sudden a Jewish family moves in and started complaining to the town! Next time I see a menorah will call and complain to the police and the town for bothering me with the lights shining and causing glare.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:14 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,568,768 times
Another B.S post about nothing from someone screaming about how Christmas is under attack from.....no one.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
You should have called the cop and he would have gotten parking ticket then.

His Jewish neighbor could move to Israel if they hate Christmas and Christians. Why should he not be able to celebrate the national holiday on his own way the way he wants as it is his own private lot?!
Yes, I could have called the cops but they would have been gone before they got here. Now multiply that by how many people are going down the street to look at lights that might stop in front of a driveway.

My Jewish friends don't hate Christmas or Christians. You are the one that comes off hating other religions. Sickening.

Maybe you should live by what your handle says under your name.

Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,030,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. And no, shutting the windows doesn't drown out that kind of music. It's cold out, noise travels and even played at a low volume, you're going to hear it.

Yeah, why doesn't the homeowner move out to a rural area where he's not disturbing anyone with his display?

He's ignorant, there is no way he'd be willing to compromise.
Whos ignorant? The owner of the house with the lights?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.